R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-19-2003, 11:26 PM   #5341
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by thefuzzclub
9 deg. almost all set-up sheets available in ae site.
ok thanks....
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:11 AM   #5342
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
For some reason I and a few others had tuning and heating problems with high output engines, these exhaust systems and fuel tank modds cured most of my problems. Now with the RD pipes and the G-1 or G-2 chassis all problem are gone. This tells me there was a problem with the stock pipe and stock chassis.( chassis too flexy, too much vibration, and too much restriction on the pipe. I can't answer why some people have troubles while others do not. It seems the more HP you make the more troubles you had.

There's a pic in the latest Xtreme RC Cars magazine of a AE team member's car with a piece of motorcycle heat shielding between the tank and exhaust. The pic is in the write-up of the gas sedan nationals at Rev.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:29 AM   #5343
Tech Regular

use another pipe this weekend fuzz?
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:34 PM   #5344

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

To fix the car: Throw away the stock AE fuel tank, be it new style or old, new chassis and RD pipe.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:44 PM   #5345
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by intimidator
use another pipe this weekend fuzz?
i forgot to tell you, i changed the pipe to THS dual chamber exactly the same with RD logic pipe. a friend of mine sold me for $36.00 only (brand new). it idles better and acceleration improved a lot. i'll be racing this 26Oct (it's our holloween race)
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:45 PM   #5346
Tech Regular

told u so
Old 10-24-2003, 02:22 AM   #5347
Tech Adept

WARNING – STEPPING ONTO SOAPBOX

I just got back from the Paris Memorial in Vegas (90+ degrees) and there were a lot of NTC3s in the top mains and ALL were running the Associated chassis, tank, and pipe. And they were all making serious HP.

You can't argue with Baker lapping the field 6 times with a stock chassis, tank, and dual-chamber pipe. And yes, he had serious motor. And no, he didn’t have any of the mysterious problems you read about in the forums.

Now I'm all for hopping your ride up with aftermarket stuff, but please don't lead the newbies astray with claims that they NEED third-party parts to make the NTC3 work... 'cuz that's just FALSE. If you want to hop your ride up then that’s great, but don’t claim it is some kind of necessary upgrade.

The standard AE stuff works just fine. Myself and racing buddies have been running stock chassis/tank/pipes for over a year and a half without any of the mysterious problems you read about on the internet. Please take what you read with a grain of salt… ‘cuz it isn’t necessarily true just because you read it online.

END SOAPBOX
seamus0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:57 AM   #5348
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

I got ridiculed because I said the same thing a year ago....

I did notice the new tank was easier to tune with a nova motor,but I've never had gear,turnbuckle,foaming,etc problems...

the only issue I do have with the tc3,is on a hard whack into the wall,I sometimes have to re trim the steering....and thats only about 2 clicks on my 3 pk...

People make a big issue becuse thay have problems..

I'm currently running the HPI R40...same crap on that forum..the cars to heavy(IT's NOT..weighs the same as my Impulse)..need hop ups(NOT,runs GREAT out of the box).....

needs a little stiffer plastic?...yeah,a little...but the car don't tweak when I whack a wall either...

What amazes me is the way people bEAT the stuffing out of AE(and HPI)......If AE had a car that broke universals and knuckles on every wall hit,and had so slop problems in the rear of the car,all hell would break loose.......

My point is...that EVERY car has some issue's.......and not every car is perfect for your driving style......but to beat the piss out out of a product when THOUSANDS have been sold,and those people have had NO problems.....well,it makes you wonder.....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 09:15 AM   #5349
Tech Adept

i agree
but i think the fix is not a hop up as much as required
they really help prolong the life of the shock towers and diff
cases
but as far as the rest of the car chassis, pipe ,fuel tank,
i haven't had any real issues with the stock stuff, infact
i find the stock stuff to work better than the after market
stuff i have tried. I think for most people (myself included)
its just a matter of keeping the car off the boards, but for
the people blaming the car for hitting the boards (not me)
should probably look to a different vehicle. I have seen some nice WWII era tanks made by tamiya that look very realistic . I think those vehicles would suit some better than the ntc3.
I am not some great driver or builder but i don't blame MY performance on the track on the car. I am learning about rc
racing and this process has been extremely fun for me so far
sbmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #5350
Tech Regular

i agree w all the above,i ran my tc-3 w the stock stuff,an never looked at the forums,then i looked an saw all these guys w jacked up lookin cars sayin all kinds of nonsense bout the chassis,pipe,an tank.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:40 AM   #5351
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

I completely agree, and have been in the minority on this thread for a LONG time.

I've been running my NTC3 nearly stock from the 2001 Norrca Nats. Stock tank, stock pipe (single chamber even) - only mods I made were upgraded spring in the steering rack (which I think it now comes with), upgraded to Lunsford all the way 'round (which I do on all cars), blade sway in front, RPM bumper, and home-made "FIX" both front and back.

The argument used to be that TheFix was necessary and I agree, but not for performance, but to stop the chain of parts breaking if you have a bad accident, which I was going to have and will continue to have no matter how well I drive (see sig for the original Murphy's Law).

I did recently upgrade to the BMI chassis (Gen 1) and I will say that it has made this car far more solid and stable. The car was a BLAST to drive stock. With the BMI chassis as its single major upgrade, it's even better. Other than that (and the above listed hops) this car is still pretty much stock (not even a one-way).
Old 10-24-2003, 11:39 AM   #5352
Tech Addict

From my expirances, most AE parts work as well if not better then others. I am presently using the RD Logics chasis. It works as well as the AE chasis for me. I have the Big Dawgs up front to add a little toughness for the boards. The fix and nuts were added too. I have just about all the factory team parts on the car. I see no need to change anything, since the car handles like a charm. The lightweight rotating mass, gives a nice boost to an already fast agile car, but not needed unless you intend to race. The new gas tank took car of all my engine problems. Oh I am sure all would agree, rpm bumper is THE MUST. Servo spring change and steering beerings preety much needed too. Shame fastharry jumped ship. He had a nice ride and was pretty quick too.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:43 AM   #5353
Tech Regular

chuck,u said u got the big dawgs up front,what are the big dawgs?
Old 10-24-2003, 12:04 PM   #5354
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Lythion

http://www.teamirsrc.com/images/irs425s.jpg

They are thicker than stock.
Lythion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 12:12 PM   #5355
Tech Addict

Default Bones for cvds

The Dawgs are lighter than the steel mips, but more durable than the lightweight bones.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote