Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

thats sweet gp where might a person get his hands on one of those

wvracer
WVRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 10:14 AM   #5252
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sook
The only other thing for you to check are the lower pivot balls on the front to see if they are still straight and your shock lengths. That is all that I could think of at the moment. Good luck. Let me know what you find.

Gp,
nice shaft!! Does it really help the rpm's?
it make acceleration more faster !
GP doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:27 PM   #5253
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default Nice shaft

Hey Gp, that shaft is realy nice, I was looking for a graphite shaft for a long time. Its lighter then the stock alum. one and the blue team factory one. How much do they go for and where can we find them?

Thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 06:09 PM   #5254
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to frank13
Default steering problems

i bet you are using hitec servos,, i was at roar regions 2 championship , and i had the same exact problem , it was the servo didnt center right ,, as soon as i switch servos, problems, went away ,,, a mid price futaba of ko will fix all your problems ,
frank13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 07:18 PM   #5255
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default Re: Steering problems

Quote:
Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
Does anyone else have this problem? Sometimes after I turn right, and go back to center, the car will veer right. Same thing for the left, it will veer left. Doesn't always do it. You can actually see the wheels do not center. I use top of the line speed servos, which I put in my mrx3 and never have this problem. I just accepted it like this for so long, but is there something I am missing? I do not see a bind. I think I have the servo saver spring pretty tight too.
Tks in advance

Oh yeah, pretty quite here since Harry has gone HPI again.

I'm still here..just been busy with the HPI challenge..and the upcoming worlds..so I've been concentrating on the hpi's..

hey chuck..I'm gonna run the last race in edison..,...And I'm bringing both cars...

you can try the r40 if you like..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 07:28 PM   #5256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Steering problems

Quote:
Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
Does anyone else have this problem? Sometimes after I turn right, and go back to center, the car will veer right. Same thing for the left, it will veer left. Doesn't always do it. You can actually see the wheels do not center. I use top of the line speed servos, which I put in my mrx3 and never have this problem. I just accepted it like this for so long, but is there something I am missing? I do not see a bind. I think I have the servo saver spring pretty tight too.
if you have the spring on tight, i dont think that's the problem, maybe you need to change the steering rack assembly, the two pieces that are connected by the spring may already have excessive play.

did you use the stock servo saver springs?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:17 PM   #5257
Tech Adept

hi all,

just bought a nTC3 and been grubbing through the old posts for tips. Managed to find a few for the steering and brakes, however, can anyone tell me what "brg" stands for? Thanks.
Also, how detrimental is it if I didn't use the #6587 spring mod? Would it be better/worse if I locked the stock one down and used a Kimborough servo saver instead?
One, last question before getting back to reading thro' all the rest of the old posts...only up to p30 at the mo. Who makes a centax for the nTC3 and any comments from those who have used one. I have been told by a lhs that engagement was too fierce using one making it easier to wheel spin. I would have thought otherwise. Thanks.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:22 PM   #5258
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by one-nil
hi all,

just bought a nTC3 and been grubbing through the old posts for tips. Managed to find a few for the steering and brakes, however, can anyone tell me what "brg" stands for? Thanks.
Also, how detrimental is it if I didn't use the #6587 spring mod? Would it be better/worse if I locked the stock one down and used a Kimborough servo saver instead?
One, last question before getting back to reading thro' all the rest of the old posts...only up to p30 at the mo. Who makes a centax for the nTC3 and any comments from those who have used one. I have been told by a lhs that engagement was too fierce using one making it easier to wheel spin. I would have thought otherwise. Thanks.

bearing.......kimbrough wont fit..get the spring...

don't care for any of the centax's....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:11 PM   #5259
Tech Addict

Hey Harry, Tks for the offer. would love to try the hpi. Only belt driven cars I have tried so far are 1/8s, my mrx3, a 950 and a vector nt. Never on a touring car. I believe I replaced everything except the bearings on the rack, which seemed ok. Did it a while ago, guess I will redo it since not too many of you have this problem. It's not like I am having problems steering, but I know its not right.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #5260
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
bearing.......kimbrough wont fit..get the spring...

don't care for any of the centax's....

wow, that was quick! Thanks fastharry. Looks like I'll have to mail order as I checked out a few not so lhs last night and none of them have it. Buggy racing is not a big scene in HK. Wonder if any springs from the Losi camp will work, haven't checked the Losi shop for buggy parts. Thanks again.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:44 PM   #5261
Tech Adept

steering problem
i had this exact same problem turns out i had the
ball retainers tightend down way to tigt and the sterring
would not consistenly go back to center
sbmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 03:44 AM   #5262
Tech Rookie

Cool Re: Nice shaft

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
Hey Gp, that shaft is realy nice, I was looking for a graphite shaft for a long time. Its lighter then the stock alum. one and the blue team factory one. How much do they go for and where can we find them?

Thanks Jason
I buy from Mr. Lam of Harmony Model - US$19.80
GP doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:02 AM   #5263
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sbmon
steering problem
i had this exact same problem turns out i had the
ball retainers tightend down way to tigt and the sterring
would not consistenly go back to center
I know my ball are as tight as can be. I will loosen them up a little amd let you know. Tks
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 05:43 AM   #5264
Tech Elite

Default K Factory Centax Cluth problems

Here's the scenario...I've got a K Factory clutch which I love very much...I've been using it for 3 months without any problems until recently..The retaining nut for the springs tightens after 1-2 tanks...Asked around LHS and they said to use thread lock on it...??? Do any of you centax users use thread lock for your retaining nut? What's the purpose of having an adjustable clutch if you're gonna lock it down???

Help needed.

Thanx.

NTC3
RODY ROEM RBX12
K Factory Centax Clutch
RD Logics Tuned PIPE
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 07:58 AM   #5265
Tech Regular

Default Re: K Factory Centax Cluth problems

Quote:
Originally posted by crashed_1
Here's the scenario...I've got a K Factory clutch which I love very much...I've been using it for 3 months without any problems until recently..The retaining nut for the springs tightens after 1-2 tanks...Asked around LHS and they said to use thread lock on it...??? Do any of you centax users use thread lock for your retaining nut? What's the purpose of having an adjustable clutch if you're gonna lock it down???

Help needed.

I always thread lock mine - always. Unless you run on lots of different tracks most people dont find themselves making lots of centax adjustments. That's the beauty of a good centax.

If you do need to adjust it and its has lock on it. Pop the bell off, make an adjustment and put another drop on thread lock on.

That's what I do.
treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote