R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #4906
Tech Fanatic

I race my NTC3 with rubber tires on parking lot type tracks and I also use a solid front axle.
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 10:21 AM   #4907
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Swen
Actually the stock tank is rubber mounted, that's what the o-rings are for. And the fact that it is plastic makes it less prone to vibration than the metal. That's all I can say without seeing it.

Jon
tank you very much for replay. So, it is not good as new improvement. I got it, I will stop them to make, any way too much work/time for nothing.
Ataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 12:04 PM   #4908
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedyOB-4
Has anyone here tried the zero racing chassis? I have one on my NTC3 and it seems to work well, but I'd like to know the next step up. The BMI chassis is a bit too much for my budget...unless it'll fix all my problems. If it'll take the slop out of my steering, the vibration out of my tank, etc, it might be worth considering. However, I don't think a chassis can address all of the problems my NTC3 has. I don't need a crash resistant chasssis, I need the best chassis for racing ROAR events. Should I just stick the stock one back on?

What have you guys done to take the slop out of all the ball cups, pivotballs, and hinge pins. There's not a whole lot of slop in each one, but when they're all combined the performance is reduced.
From what BB, NTC3nut and others have been saying - the BMI chassis has reduced tank vibration, given the suspension a rock solid foundation (making it much more consistent and less given to variations) and just made the car more solid. Their results have been fairly dramatic. Once the summer's over (and work crap lessens again) I think this is one competitive upgrade I will get over all others.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:04 PM   #4909
Tech Adept

Default Centax Clutch Question

I just installed a K-Factory centax clutch and am wondering what type of lubrication you folks are recommending for the thrust bearing. Also, what a poor design. The bearing is exposed and could have been very easily conceiled. Just my 2 cents.
jcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 01:21 PM   #4910
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to puma1824
Default Re: Centax Clutch Question

Quote:
Originally posted by jcrouse
I just installed a K-Factory centax clutch and am wondering what type of lubrication you folks are recommending for the thrust bearing. Also, what a poor design. The bearing is exposed and could have been very easily conceiled. Just my 2 cents.
Thrust bearing are usually exposed. I use Racer's Edge Hyspin grease. It's important to get the clearance right so the bearing don't get to exposed and pick up to much dust.

I regrease after a day of racing. Some regrease after each heat.

-Puma
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:52 PM   #4911

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I greased my K clutch every race weekend and took it apart every other weekend. Grease will not stay in the thrust brg, no matter what type of grease you use. Mine exploded last weekend taking the thrust brg. and all clutch shoes out of it. Dunno what happened? I even had all clearances to minium instead of maxium. LHS can get the complete clutch but no parts, must come direct from Trinity, must be a Ernie thingy!
I use the K swing rack and love it, and I did'nt have to pay $40 for , more like $25, it helps. I like it the most because 2 bolts removed and the whole assy is removed.
I don't understand the slop problem you guys have, my car has zero slop in the steering..
The BMI chassis is expensive and heavy, but it really works for me, I can run any engine any pipe and any fuell tank now and it stays in tune and never over heats . The car is now planted and rock solid! So was it worth the money? Yes!! too me it was, maybe to you guys with no NTC3 problems, no, you don't need it. Believe me, it works! Well worth the $$$$ If you want better lap times and a car that is planted and goes where ever you point it, with almost no chassis roll, then, buy the chassis, you won't be disappointed.
Hey Swen! How's it going? email me, I have a used proto type chassis I was working on that's yours for free, just carry on the R&D with it!
Perfectionist? I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #4912
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
Grease will not stay in the thrust brg, no matter what type of grease you use.
try Barrieta 52 by Kluber. realy good grease and don't go out even under wash down. We are using it in textile industry. properties there the best ever made. Flash point is 600 C.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:23 PM   #4913

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

klober is great grease
Old 07-24-2003, 04:37 PM   #4914
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
klober is great grease
And Barrietta 52 is the best their set up ever made. up 100 k RPM and 500 C totaly safe.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:58 PM   #4915
Tech Adept

Default Klober or Kluber Grease

Where might I find some of this?
jcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 05:20 PM   #4916
Tech Elite

Default Re: Klober or Kluber Grease

Quote:
Originally posted by jcrouse
Where might I find some of this?
here is rep. phone number (626)795-5455
here is web site http://kluberna.com/index.asp?p=products
Actualy they change product code and it is now Barrierta L55/2, but the same thing.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:01 PM   #4917
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel
Default Steering

I really dont have a excess of slop in my steering but there is some. As far as the needing a chassis because of fuel and engine and pipe problems I have never had one problem with that ever. That is just hard to fathom spendint that much money on a car to "fix" a problem like that. Might be time to switch cars. Now if you are looking for more performance or better looks than I can see that, but because a stock car isnt operating correctly than sounds like a lemon car or someone doesnt know how to follow directions on building a RC.
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:39 PM   #4918
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default Re: Steering

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
I really dont have a excess of slop in my steering but there is some. As far as the needing a chassis because of fuel and engine and pipe problems I have never had one problem with that ever. That is just hard to fathom spendint that much money on a car to "fix" a problem like that. Might be time to switch cars. Now if you are looking for more performance or better looks than I can see that, but because a stock car isnt operating correctly than sounds like a lemon car or someone doesnt know how to follow directions on building a RC.

BB's gonna give you a beating for that heresy talk..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:47 PM   #4919
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel

BAH...just stating my personal experience
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:56 PM   #4920
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™