R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-05-2003, 03:59 PM   #4696
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to frank13
Default no no no no no

NO FReaking way can anyone put the blame on faulty parts,,,, i can understand a part or two ,, amybe ,, as a long shot,, but to blame the 50 kits from the guys who post here, i really doubt i t,,

the percent of faulty parts in any cars kits may be at the most 1-2 percent ,,tops,,

the car is fine,,

1. bad screws --nope , get good tools
2. bad tank -- been using it for years ,, its not the damn tank
3. exhaust --nope ,, the ONLY THING THE DUAL CHAMBER PIPE DOES IS LOWER THE DECIBEL LEVEL , THATS IT ,, YOU CAN ASK THAT TO ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE IF THE PIPE AND CAR,
4. REAR LINKAGE - HIT SOMETHING IT COMES OFF , SIMPLE --- BUT YOU HAD TO HIT SOMETHING , IF IT WAS A SERPENT OR MUGEN OR LD3 YOU WOULD BE REPLACING PARTS, I RATHER POOP A BALL BACK ON
5. SHOCK TOWERS -- ILL GIVE YOU THAT ONE , BUT AGAIN IF YOU DONT CRASH AND JUST TIGHTEN IT DOWN BETWEEN ROUNDS YOU WILL BE FINE
6 GEARS ,, COME ON ,, ARE YOU SERIOUS , YOUR MOTOR DOES NOT PU OUT THAT KIND APOWER TO KILL THE GEARS ,, A BUDDY OF MINE HAS A ,21 POWERED NTC3 HE USES FOR SPEED RUNS WITH THE ORIGINAL GEARS, AND YOU THINK THE LIL .12 WILL HURT THEM , BE SERIOUS ,

IF YOU DONT CRASH YOU WONT BREAK IT ,

FRANK13 .
frank13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 04:12 PM   #4697

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Quote:
Amen!!!
The towers arent really a problem, stuff is gonna break when u hit something. The tank isnt bad but it can be better, the very stock tank was pressurized from the bottom which created some foaming problems. I corrected this by plugging that hole and drilling one in the top and screwing in a fitting.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:20 PM   #4698
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: no no no no no

Quote:
Originally posted by frank13
NO FReaking way can anyone put the blame on faulty parts,,,, i can understand a part or two ,, amybe ,, as a long shot,, but to blame the 50 kits from the guys who post here, i really doubt i t,,

the percent of faulty parts in any cars kits may be at the most 1-2 percent ,,tops,,

the car is fine,,

3. exhaust --nope ,, the ONLY THING THE DUAL CHAMBER PIPE DOES IS LOWER THE DECIBEL LEVEL , THATS IT ,, YOU CAN ASK THAT TO ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE IF THE PIPE AND CAR,
4. REAR LINKAGE - HIT SOMETHING IT COMES OFF , SIMPLE --- BUT YOU HAD TO HIT SOMETHING , IF IT WAS A SERPENT OR MUGEN OR LD3 YOU WOULD BE REPLACING PARTS, I RATHER POOP A BALL BACK ON
5. SHOCK TOWERS -- ILL GIVE YOU THAT ONE , BUT AGAIN IF YOU DONT CRASH AND JUST TIGHTEN IT DOWN BETWEEN ROUNDS YOU WILL BE FINE
6 GEARS ,, COME ON ,, ARE YOU SERIOUS , YOUR MOTOR DOES NOT PU OUT THAT KIND APOWER TO KILL THE GEARS ,, A BUDDY OF MINE HAS A ,21 POWERED NTC3 HE USES FOR SPEED RUNS WITH THE ORIGINAL GEARS, AND YOU THINK THE LIL .12 WILL HURT THEM , BE SERIOUS ,

FRANK13 .

I agree 110% ntc3 is a great car from the box
LakasTama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 04:23 PM   #4699

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

O i know its a great car from the box, i TQ'ed and won with the stock setup. I just had a problem with the tank, thats about it. and it was only a problem when i started to get pretty low on fuel.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:28 PM   #4700
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What size are the wheel nuts on the NTC3 8/32 or 10/32? Quick response appreciated.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:01 PM   #4701
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked_on
What size are the wheel nuts on the NTC3 8/32 or 10/32? Quick response appreciated.
exactly what it says in your manual..

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX3323&P=7
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 06:04 PM   #4702
Tech Elite

Default Re: lol

Quote:
hey fast harry are you going to hpi challeng ein nj this year,,,,

and just so you know we are racing at the millville track tomorrow ,, it will be a small turn out ,, but good to get some pratice in ,,,,

i was just stating what i see,,,,, its a shame to seeNTC3NUT leave the hobby for a while , ---i boght his car last month ,, so now i am using his car for the time being ,, just for a new car ,, i couldnt belive how nice his car was, ,,

i love this car,, i am used to hpi nitro cars, and i have tried a serpent and a trinity ,, -- to no avail ,,, and i really like teh way this car is ,, the handling is prdeictable,, the brakes work great ,, the car is incredibly easy to adjust ,, support is incredible , the kit goes together extremely easy ,

i couldnt wait to get my hands on one when it came out ,, i have already raced a ntc3 conversion ,, and was very happy with the car, but i am sooo happy associated came out with the ntc3 ----

frank13

yep,I'll be there......
Big red tarp....come say hello......(should I bring my tc3?)..

Why is Nut getting out of racing?.....He's a good guy..
Old 07-05-2003, 06:57 PM   #4703
Tech Adept

Default NOT EXACTLY SURE WHY

i am not sure why ,, all i know is he sold ALL of his stuff,, i bought all of his ntc3 stuff, i couldnt believe the deal he gave me,,, over 1400 worth of stuff for 400 bucks , i couldnt be happier,, over 200 in absolutely nib stuff, and the bad news is for the past 5 weeks of racing i havent broke one damn part.. and you should see the crashes i have on video ,, damn i cant drive well yet ,,

as for the challenge,, i say bring it,, we can put our hpi wheels and bodies on it and just swap cars on the way to the tech table, --- but damn that wont work ,, i never ever saw a hpi handle like a ntc3 --lol
but i will be there, i actually am looking forward to it ,, i see it as 15 bucks for 2 bodies and a hat , lol

frank
Old 07-05-2003, 07:23 PM   #4704
Tech Elite

was all his stuff on Ebay?.....how did I miss that deal?
Old 07-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #4705
Tech Adept

Default Re: no no no no no

Quote:
I agree that there are not really any serious faults in the car. There are some issues, but every car has some issues.
1. Good tools certainly help. I've built several NTC3 kits. None had screw problems. I use Trinity and Hudy tools instead of the allen wrenches.
2. The stock tank sucks. They did eventually change the kit to include a tank with the pressure tap in the lid, and that helped a lot. Another trick (which should be done on every nitro car) is to use a long pressure line. 12-18 inches is about right. I still see guys fighting the fuel foaming problem with the old tank and about 4 inches of fuel line. It's an easy fix.
3. I've run both pipes. The dual chamber feels snappier on the low end, and certainly helps reduce ear strain. For the sound issue alone, I wish the dual chamber was the stock pipe. Both pipes are extremely durable. I have yet to see one break or even bend.
4. The only time the rear linkage ever gets knocked around is during a serious smack with a car or a wall. Guys need to slow down if they keep breaking. It's that simple.
5. The stock shock tower will break during a hard smack. Most of the aftermarket ones are no better. The solution is the same as any other part breakage. Slow down and wreck less. But that is true with every car.
6. I've smoked four spur gears so far this year. They get hot and strip. I'm running a Rossi Black Pixi and use aluminum clutch shoes and the smallest pinion combo. With this much power, I expect a few things to wear out. I did just order a delrin 1st gear spur to hopefully end this trouble. The stock plastic material is not really strong enough for the amount of wear I can throw at it during a race. I replaced the bevel gears with delrin as soon as those came out. Also, I shim the NTC3 tighter than I shim the TC3. With the TC3, it is common practice to shim everything so there was some play. With the NTC3, the nitro motor adds play to everything the first time you run it, so it is best to shim everything tight from the start. The only local driver who torched a bevel gear was a guy who was very good at freeing up the drivetrain in the electric TC3 and had tried the same tricks on his NTC3.

Overall, I do not think the NTC3 is any less solid than any other nitro car. The main reason we see more guys complain about the NTC3 is due to the extra speed it has. No 3 belt car can accellerate as hard or obtain the speeds that the NTC3 can. Like many have said, faster on the straight leads to faster collisions into the wall.

Other people simply have unrealistic expectations. For example, some guys think the car should be able to hit an immoveable wall at 60mph without breaking. My 6500 pound SUV cannot even do that, so there is no reason to think a 3.5 pound car could.

The other possible reason for more complaints with the NTC3 may be the sheer number of people using the car. The NTC3 is extremely popular, so it is logical that more people will talk about it. And a certain percent of all talk will end up being complaints. I do not hear many complaints about the V1R, but I only know one guy who drives one. Nearly everybody around here runs the NTC3.
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #4706
Tech Adept

Default shiloh

i love you man

lol
Old 07-05-2003, 08:04 PM   #4707
Tech Adept

Default fast harry

fast harry,

when he listed the bulk of his stuff, he added at the end that he was gonna put up a ntc3 online aslso in a few days ,, but i saw that , and after seeing a lot of pics of his car online and knowing what parts he has [icked, up i knew that would be a great deal, so i emailed him right away ,, and bought it that very night before it was every even on the rctech for sale section ,, lol

i know a good deal when i see it ,

frank
Old 07-05-2003, 08:46 PM   #4708
Tech Elite

well,I'm glad you got it..
Old 07-05-2003, 08:53 PM   #4709
Tech Adept

not as happy as i am ,

hey are you looking to race tomorrrow milville at 10 tomorrow,

i cant wait to get some good quality laps in ,,

frank13
Old 07-05-2003, 09:57 PM   #4710
Tech Elite

nope...I live all the way in North jersey...gonna get ready for edison next week.

but thanks for the invite.