Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yup...last week. It's built and ready to go....I can't wait to race this thing....
Old 12-18-2001, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

good to hear and how did it go together?
Old 12-18-2001, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Very easily, actually. The braking system is cool. it's pretty damn strong!!! Got Brakes??? You certainly will with this setup!!!
Old 12-19-2001, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Give us a report when you race it.
Old 12-19-2001, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got mine today @ Ultimate for $254.99. The packaging looks very organized and the instructions seem to be good. I'll find out tommorrow when I start building it.

TPhalen, any building tips or suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Glitch
Old 12-20-2001, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

The car goes together EXTREMELY well!!!! One tip is when installing the radio tray, make sure you put the steering link on the bellcrank FIRST before you attach the tray. I didn't follow that direction and ended up yelling at me car for not having enough room to attach it after....then had to remove the radio tray to install it.

Other than that, I didn't have any fitment problems. The new diffs are pretty cool, as is the two-speed!!!

Take your time on the two speed. If not done correctly, I think you might have shifting problems....
Old 12-20-2001, 02:41 PM

Ha! Ha! Got mine today looks very sweet!!! and will packaged! I did'nt think I could get it here in the east by christmas, Who said money can't buy happiness!!!!!!!! They're dead wrong!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2001, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

TPhalen,

Thanks for the info! I'm sure I'll be picking your brain in the future, like setups for Crystal and Revelation.

bbtc3,

Glad to hear it! I've been teased for over a year by Cliff and some of the R&D guys @ Crystal Park, one of the local tracks here in SoCal. Even the early prototypes accellerated pretty hot in and out of the twisties. By the way, how's the weather out there? I used to live in Chesapeake,Va. Kinda miss the eastern
hospitality. Have fun!!!

Glitch
Old 12-20-2001, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default want a ntc3 but what engine to buy?

do i get a side exaust with a normal pipe ,or do i get a rear exaust with the motocross pipe style??????
Old 12-21-2001, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: want a ntc3 but what engine to buy?

Originally posted by carpet_killa
do i get a side exaust with a normal pipe ,or do i get a rear exaust with the motocross pipe style??????
Depends on the kit you buy. You can get either the side exhaust or the rear exhaust....
Old 12-21-2001, 12:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking Look at the gas tank!

Man I had a RC10GT and hated the gas tank. Since the fuel always flowed back into the pipe if the truck wasnt running. They should have made the pressure nipple on top of the tank lid like everyone else does.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:05 AM

Glitch: Weather here is the best its been in years, 50 and 60's during the day, 30's at night. I know what you mean about the eastern hospitality, there's nothing else like it!! You guys can have the cali. living, it's just not the same!!!!!!! Give me the mountains anytime!!!! The car went together very well and is very strong!! You guys were right the conversion can't even compare!!! Although I think all the pivot ball stuff could be added with out much trouble, even the twospeed. I think I'll adapt the suspension to the conversion without the twospeed and use it on short tracks and race the NTC3 on only the long tracks.
I had only one problem putting the NTC3 together, the 2 speed shoes stick out past the 2 speed housing about .075 and it rubbed the front brg. support alittle! I took it apart 2 times and can't find anything wrong, Anyone have the same problem?
Everyone here have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!! BB

Last edited by bbntc3; 12-22-2001 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:15 AM

Ooops!!! Found the 2 speed touble, I have the shoes in it backwards!! If I had ran the car the 2 speed shoes would have walk out and rubbed the brg. support. Simple mistake!!!! Your right Toney you need to pay attention when assembling the 2 speed!! Must have been alittle tired when I put it together, then again it could have been the quart of tequila I drank!! Neh! could'nt be the tequila!!

Last edited by bbntc3; 12-22-2001 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-23-2001, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

bbntc3...where do you race? You should come up and run with us at CORCAR www.corcar.com
Old 12-23-2001, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the invite Blimey! I do all the work on the cars and my 14 year old son does the driving and does quite well! we race at 3 different tracks in WV, www.wvrock.com, www.ovrccc.com and a place in Virginia, www.linvillehobbies.com. Linville is a very nice facility and the owners are great! it's out the middle of no where, the track is over 800ft. and laid off in three different elevations. After the weather breaks in spring we'll try to get up to Columbus and race with you guys, its about a 3 hr drive so thats not to bad. You guys are'nt racing now are you? Blimey, if your email is'nt listed here leave it for me so we can keep in touch. Thanks : BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.