R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-03-2003, 03:10 PM   #4321
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by crashed_1
Guys...need help. Just got KFactory Centax Clutch for my NTC3. It rocks...that's until something gave...the thrust bearings. Just wondering is that common for Centax cluthes or did I do something wrong...one more problem is the spares for these bearings...will bearings from other cars fit? Its pretty hard to get hold of the ones for NTC3.

Thanx.

you have your end float set wrong this destroys thrust bearings on these style clutches
Old 06-03-2003, 05:50 PM   #4322
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by Fatboy Joe
FASTHARRY...

what are the ball caps that you are using?

those are the RPM yellows....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:04 PM   #4323
Tech Elite

well,just an update on teh lunsford stuff....

the hinge pins are the wrong size...he can't get them the right size due to variances in the associated holes on the arm and bulkheads..the arms are to big...and he said due to the nature of titanium,you wouldn't be able to get them through the bulkheads if you made them the right size for the arms...

so much for that....

as far as the balls,he said they're the right size,but its the associated mouldings that are the problems..and if he made the ball bigger,it would not rest in the bottom cup correctly...Some of the one s I had fit OK....but some had slop in them....

as far as the threads..they are smaller in diameter..so if you use the balls,you might have to replace some arms to cut a fresh thread..

well,I bought a set of Associated balls home..they are the same size,ball and thread wise,as the stock steel balls..actually,the balls are 1 thousanth smaller...not 2 or 3 like the lunsford..

so I don't get it...
how can everyone else be wrong?..asociated,Ti racing,hardcore,etc...

so returned they shall be......

Now the question is....if the Ti' racings are out of stock....

How bad are the associeted Ti balls?........

titanium is only 5% stronger the grade 5 steel...its the memory action your looking for anyway..

are they really that bad..are they ANY better then the steel ones?...which,btw,I haven't bent...I'm really looking for lighter weight....I'm not expecting them to take a 40 mph shot into the boards....just be a little more resielent to the steel ones...

are they equal to hardcores,and everyone else's???

Last edited by fastharry™; 06-03-2003 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:19 PM   #4324
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Yokomo_King
HEy everyone Try out theAE compsite CVD wow such a nice accelration i haved use the TC3 one but not the 200mm yet its still works the same but i guess the the 200mm Ones are stronger.
I thought they only made one type of composite cvd's (part #3887) that work on both the elec and nitro. What is the part # for the other ones?
thomasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 06:28 PM   #4325
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by thomasf
I thought they only made one type of composite cvd's (part #3887) that work on both the elec and nitro. What is the part # for the other ones?

the 200 mm one s are longer..thay are made for the rally car conversion...I don't think they'll fit..I remember someone saying thay were to long..

here that are.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWH16&P=7
Old 06-03-2003, 09:27 PM   #4326
Tech Addict

Default get a load of this

I had ordered the new pinion gears for the diffs weeks ago and my lhs got the wrong ones in. I told him when he gets them to call me. I go in today and ask himif he ever got them in by chance. He tells me he just sold out and is reordering I am the one who told him about them when we first started talking about them, and he got rid of MY GEARS. LoL Hopefully the new ones will be in tomorrow.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 11:30 PM   #4327
Tech Adept

Default Titanium ball cups

Sorry to hear about the Lunsford ones, I always thought they made quality stuff. I have been using TIR titanium ball cups and these are well finished and the fitments was exactly like stock. No stripping issues or unequal lengths except for the special short one for the steering servo arm since that had to be really short to fit correctly. Their products in my opinion are better than hardcore or others out in the market. I also have the TIR ball cups on my electric TC3 and the Ti screwsets as well. Amazing finish, very topnotch compared to the Hardcore ones, definitely no comparison, and cheaper to boot. I've been trying in vain to get the Ti screwset for the NTC3 but I'm still waiting for them to resume manufacturing the parts.
XtremeMDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 11:42 PM   #4328
Tech Adept

Default White AE gears.....

I am using the white gears for my Yokohama one ways. I had been waiting for these gears before buying the one-way because of the problems with the stock ones. I needed to enlarge the hole a little with the help of my reamer; besides that mod, it just went right in. Just remove a little material at a time, and be patient, test fit the gear everytime you take out material. It's held up even after I hit the boards hard, messed up servo, combined with radio glitches equals huge hits hard enough that I needed to replace the stripped gears from my servo. My 2 speed did not hold up though. was loosing drive to the wheels. One way bearing on the lightened 2 spd hub is shot. Still waiting for parts on this one.
XtremeMDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 12:43 AM   #4329
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

Has anyone tried the Srew kit from Benderstore for the ntc3 to fix the soft srews that come with the ntc3??

Thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 05:10 AM   #4330
Tech Elite

Default Re: Titanium ball cups

Quote:
Originally posted by XtremeMDX
Sorry to hear about the Lunsford ones, I always thought they made quality stuff. I have been using TIR titanium ball cups and these are well finished and the fitments was exactly like stock. No stripping issues or unequal lengths except for the special short one for the steering servo arm since that had to be really short to fit correctly. Their products in my opinion are better than hardcore or others out in the market. I also have the TIR ball cups on my electric TC3 and the Ti screwsets as well. Amazing finish, very topnotch compared to the Hardcore ones, definitely no comparison, and cheaper to boot. I've been trying in vain to get the Ti screwset for the NTC3 but I'm still waiting for them to resume manufacturing the parts.

we were taling about the Pillow balls that go into the arms...

which ones are you using there?...
Old 06-04-2003, 05:11 AM   #4331
Tech Elite

Default Re: get a load of this

Quote:
Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
I had ordered the new pinion gears for the diffs weeks ago and my lhs got the wrong ones in. I told him when he gets them to call me. I go in today and ask himif he ever got them in by chance. He tells me he just sold out and is reordering I am the one who told him about them when we first started talking about them, and he got rid of MY GEARS. LoL Hopefully the new ones will be in tomorrow.

that is a problem.....

but we haev bigger problems......RAIN!!!

you think they have a rain date?..
Old 06-04-2003, 05:52 AM   #4332
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: White AE gears.....

Quote:
Originally posted by XtremeMDX
I am using the white gears for my Yokohama one ways. I had been waiting for these gears before buying the one-way because of the problems with the stock ones. I needed to enlarge the hole a little with the help of my reamer; besides that mod, it just went right in. Just remove a little material at a time, and be patient, test fit the gear everytime you take out material. It's held up even after I hit the boards hard, messed up servo, combined with radio glitches equals huge hits hard enough that I needed to replace the stripped gears from my servo. My 2 speed did not hold up though. was loosing drive to the wheels. One way bearing on the lightened 2 spd hub is shot. Still waiting for parts on this one.
Asc part #1732 is the gear you want, no modification nessasary, a direct fit, it is made for the asc hd one way, which is made by yokomo with asc packaging. The one way is basically the same, but the flange that holds the gear is a little bigger to give the gear more strength i guess. it also comes with shims to shims out the bearings for proper mesh(#1731)
thomasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 06:02 AM   #4333
Tech Fanatic

I was going to offer the same advice on the gears. I think he had the standard diff gears and had to ream them out. I had similar problems early last season. Some of the AE parts where still hard to get locally. When ever I had a problem with my one-way or solid axle, I had to use electric gears and ream them out. Not a problem now, as long as you have the right part numbers.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 06:11 AM   #4334
Tech Elite

het nut..good morning....

let me ask you a question....I'm returning the lunsford balls..the ball are smaller,and there is varying amounts of slop...to me,slop in that area is no good....Lunsford seems to thing it seats better in the cup.....My answer is,if I bring home Factory Team balls,and they are the same size as the steel(which means BOTH are biggre than the Lunsfords)..AND they FIT GREAT,wouldn't associated know what size goes it their own car?...

I was right on the hinge pins..they are wrong...why evryone else can make them,I don't know....

I'm going to use the new FT polished hinge pin set...

and,since TI racing is out of stock,the FT balls.......

how bad were the FT balls?..were they softer than teh steel ones?

any other brand you'd try?...
Old 06-04-2003, 06:24 AM   #4335
Tech Fanatic

The FT balls are not bad, I just had better luck with the TiR balls. I personally think the FT titanium balls will bend easier than the original steel balls, but that may just be my perception. If you don't bend the originals, you won't bend the FT titaniums either. It's all a matter of your driving skill. Personally, I need thicker pillow balls due to my driving style (if you want to call it that). That's the reason I'm going to try the Mugens, the shaft is much larger. If they work out I'll get a set from them in titanium. I'm not sure who makes their titanium stuff, but the parts I've bought from them in the past for my MRX-3 & MBX-4 where all top notch. We'll see.

On the hinge pins, I think the FT polished hinge pins are made for AE by Yokomo. If that's the case you won't go wrong there. I have 2 sets from Yokomo in my pit box and they look awesome. I haven't tried them yet because my TiR pins are doing so well. It baffles me why Lunsford can't make them fit. To say that "If we make them the right size they won't fit" sounds a little silly.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote