R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-23-2003, 03:15 PM   #4171
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Thanks everybody, looks like Serpent lube for me....I agree, it's a bearing so it needs some kind of lube.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 03:45 AM   #4172
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to dvargas

where has everyone gone?
dvargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 03:59 AM   #4173
Tech Regular

can anyone tell me is the new hd one way better improved????

jeremy
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:35 AM   #4174
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by dvargas
where has everyone gone?
probably gone for the memorial day weekend. in fact i'm leaving for the whole week in a little bit
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 09:13 AM   #4175

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Hey guys got the new chassis under the car added a Smeltz Sirrio 12 and a K-Factory centax clutch. The car took alittle work to get it dialed but it seems very fast.
Smeltz builds a hell of an engine, it took awhile to get but was well worth the wait. Idles good holds tune well and has very very good power. We'll have to wait and see about the dreaded connecting rod issue the sirrio has. I saw 3 sirrio's break rods this weekend.
K-Factory clutch is a must for all you NTC3 owners! I love it! Very tuneable.
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/h...cat=350&page=2
The Border has the cheapest price on the clutch I have seen.
I'll show pics of the new setup and chassis this week.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #4176
Tech Adept

Default Re: NTC3 Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by joseviejo
Hi:

I have had my NTC3 for only a couple of weeks. I notice that when accelerating from stop the engine tends to hessitate. I am assuming that it is the stock clutch not engaging correctly. This has probably been widely discussed in the forum I think but I am still on page 53.

A lot of people recommend the centax, some the three shoe clutch with lightened shoes and stronger springs. Up to post 53 nobody mentioned the MIP clutch. I have one in my RC10GT and works good. Anybody tried it on the NTC3? What do you think?

Thanks

Jose
When you said 'hesitate', do you mean that the acceleration is somewhat slower than what you intended?

just think....
If you go for stronger spring, wouldn't you need to rev the engine more before if will start to move? To me, stronger spring will allow you to disengage the clutch once you release the throttle, but I doubt it will help to decrease the time that you car will response to your throttling.
mave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 11:47 AM   #4177
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

hey all I was wondering if, setting the optional camber links on the NTC3 really help and makes a huge difference in handling??

thanks Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:50 PM   #4178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i tried it on the rear, and didn't seem to have that huge a difference...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 03:21 PM   #4179
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to speedydave Send a message via Yahoo to speedydave

Mave, a harder clutch spring allows the engine to build more revs before the clutch engages, which gives a snappier feeling on the throttle. I doubt you'd really notice the difference in how long the clutch takes to engage, but you will notice the car feeling snappier on the bottom end.
speedydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 03:38 PM   #4180
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

Hey all, I have a JR XR3 radio. I have a nitro tc3 that is using the standard reciver that came with the XR3, hoever I want to get another reciver that i can use with a nitro truck that i own. What are the main requirements that go along with buying a different reciever company then radio company? besides the 75 mhz or 27mhz, am or Fm??

thanks all
J.
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 06:28 PM   #4181
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
Hey guys got the new chassis under the car added a Smeltz Sirrio 12 and a K-Factory centax clutch. The car took alittle work to get it dialed but it seems very fast.
Smeltz builds a hell of an engine, it took awhile to get but was well worth the wait. Idles good holds tune well and has very very good power. We'll have to wait and see about the dreaded connecting rod issue the sirrio has. I saw 3 sirrio's break rods this weekend.
K-Factory clutch is a must for all you NTC3 owners! I love it! Very tuneable.
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/h...cat=350&page=2
The Border has the cheapest price on the clutch I have seen.
I'll show pics of the new setup and chassis this week.
are those guys from sweden? how much was shipping? what is the gearing that comes with the kfactory centax? thinking about getting won.
thomasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:15 PM   #4182
Tech Fanatic

well seems to me that this car is having more issue then the new mugen. now i have rear tie rods issue.. poping out and also changing length if i hit a board. so much issue..

so how do you guys solve this the rear link issue? ..

and also what are the correct drop setting for a super high traction med size track..

1 more chance before i sell it away... way too much trouble this car has.. mugen out of the box is way much better car.
fuse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #4183

21/26 is the gearing that comes with the clutch, but I have also been told that the AE gears will also work, same thread. but looks like spacing may be off with stock pinions, but that was a selling point with K they say the stock gears will work.
Yes they are in Holland I believe. shipping not anymore than US shipping.
I got mine from my LHS, they have been a Trinity dist. here for many years. My K clutch only cost me $80.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:20 PM   #4184
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by fuse01
well seems to me that this car is having more issue then the new mugen. now i have rear tie rods issue.. poping out and also changing length if i hit a board. so much issue..

so how do you guys solve this the rear link issue? ..

and also what are the correct drop setting for a super high traction med size track..

1 more chance before i sell it away... way too much trouble this car has.. mugen out of the box is way much better car.

actually,I've never had the issue of toe links...how hard are you hitting the boards?..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:30 PM   #4185

Now Harry, tell them how many times you have run on a track with boards? once maybe twice? Yes it will pop links off and yes it will compress the links.
I went to captured ball ends made a set of links, at 0 toe,1degree toe and 2 degree toe. By Punisher buckles longer than needed and cut to fit at exact length. where the turnbuckle is screwed all the way into cup, so it can't compress.
I think I bought 1 set of buckles 2 inches long and 2 sets at 1.750 length and cut them to fit.