Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 08:25 PM

If the arm is'nt centered and off to one side more than the other theres more angle which in some cases means less or more travel to one side or the other. ALot of people had this trouble when the TC3 electric cars came out, I believe Ae added a supplement sheet with the later TC3 cars before they rewrote the manuals. As for the ntc3 goes moving the arm a notch more towards the driveshaft will give it more turning, in some cases. If the servo spring is causing the trouble, which it may,, you should be able to see the servo saver move on the rack some when stopped and just working the steering.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Matt... go to their web site... they recomend a different gasket... they say its off a .15... they sell them on their page. Did you try the pipe I sent you?
Old 05-18-2003, 09:06 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Seems like something they should include with the pipe. Kinda lame.

Matt if you order a gasket from them, get one for me too. I haven't run mine yet but it has the same problem, manifold moves around the exhaust port...
Old 05-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Swen
Sorry not to sound like I'm bragging but I do race for Airtronics and the team manager has verified my suspicions about the 258, 358, 257, 357 servos not centering very well.
Bummer, I have a few 357s and 358s… do you know who I should contact at Airtronics to complain that they are selling faulty servos (since now there is an official report from the team driver that they are defective)?
Old 05-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Okay, so I'm a sellout!

Originally posted by fastharry
how fast were yoiu going?...........
I'll put it this way...the engine was a leaned-out Ritchy RTO and this occurred at the end of a 200' straight.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by bbntc3
If the arm is'nt centered and off to one side more than the other theres more angle which in some cases means less or more travel to one side or the other. ALot of people had this trouble when the TC3 electric cars came out, I believe Ae added a supplement sheet with the later TC3 cars before they rewrote the manuals. As for the ntc3 goes moving the arm a notch more towards the driveshaft will give it more turning, in some cases. If the servo spring is causing the trouble, which it may,, you should be able to see the servo saver move on the rack some when stopped and just working the steering.
yep..thanks.....

If I remeber correctly,the electric Tc3 does have more steering in one direction..and it was supposed to..that was that ATAC steering system..people where going crazy trying to make it equal,and it can't be done..its part of the design..

as far as the NTC3..you're right..some people put the arm straight up(despite wht it says in the manual)..or they don't angle it enough......

my car turns in a 1 ft circle if needed...

but if traction isn't there,has a slight tendency to not have enough low sp steering unless I get it down in speed...

but its still faster than just about all the other cars..and i've learned to hit my braking points..so the car runs well..
Old 05-19-2003, 03:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally posted by seamus0g
Bummer, I have a few 357s and 358s… do you know who I should contact at Airtronics to complain that they are selling faulty servos (since now there is an official report from the team driver that they are defective)?
There is no one to talk to because the servos are just fine. But they do not center as well/as precise as the 758 does. Some people can notice it and others can't, but it's not a problem with a servo. Like I said they work awesome in offroad cars. Did you have a problem with it until you read this thread? I'm guessing not. So don't become smart with me when I'm trying to help someone else out that asked for it. It's really not very nice to try to make fun of people that are giving advice that someone asked for and I only was correcting you on misinformation you were giving. So from here out let's leave the personal shots on the MTX-3 forum and act like adults ok?

Matt I'm glad you like the car. I was going to run the truck this weekend but I just didn't get the chance to go and race. Hopefully soon I'll get a chance to put some miles on it. I've driven it some but not on a track. Well time for work... see ya all later.

Jon
Old 05-19-2003, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Okay, so I'm a sellout!

Originally posted by Old Skool
I'll put it this way...the engine was a leaned-out Ritchy RTO and this occurred at the end of a 200' straight.

weren't you the one saying about a month ago that the 1/8th scale cars were breaking in the same place?...

what car do you think would have survived that?..and did you break the gearboxes?..
Old 05-19-2003, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mr. losi- Use a .15 gasket, and it shouldnt leak.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NTC3NUT
I also have a picture of the RD pipe with an Associated manifold, for you guys having problems with the original RD manifold and fuel tank clearance (like me). It worked great this weekend. I'll post it ASAP.

yeah?...how great?....give us the scoop on the Ntc3 vs MTX3 wars....
Old 05-19-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so I'm a sellout!

Originally posted by fastharry
weren't you the one saying about a month ago that the 1/8th scale cars were breaking in the same place?...

what car do you think would have survived that?..and did you break the gearboxes?..
No, that was another spot where the track owner 'strategically' planted a huge steel spike to hold down a board on the infield. Two MRX-3's and an SMP Slide got torn up there.

Actually, I've found out the problem. I am not returning to that track, or any track really, until I get some glasses. I can see (wear contacts), but between the nitro fumes and the spring weather out here, they dry out.

Blinking is not recommended when driving nitro cars. I now know that the hard way.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's the pic of the RD pipe & the AE manifold. The manifold has 1/2" cut off, and a slight flair added to it, to prevent it from coming off. It worked much better than the AE dual chamber pipe. I had problems 2 weeks ago with the RD manifold setting on the fuel tank's fuel outlet & melting it shut. The RD manifold has too large of a "U" to it. This is the only thing I could think to do, I really wanted to use the pipe because I believe it works well.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-51903-005.jpg  
Old 05-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Swen
There is no one to talk to because the servos are just fine. But they do not center as well/as precise as the 758 does. Some people can notice it and others can't, but it's not a problem with a servo. Like I said they work awesome in offroad cars. Did you have a problem with it until you read this thread? I'm guessing not. So don't become smart with me when I'm trying to help someone else out that asked for it. It's really not very nice to try to make fun of people that are giving advice that someone asked for and I only was correcting you on misinformation you were giving. So from here out let's leave the personal shots on the MTX-3 forum and act like adults ok?

Jon
Sorry Jon, was just joking around with ya.

- Factory drivers like Barry Baker have used the 357 as a steering servo in their touring cars for years. Some have recently switched to digital for steering, but not because of centering problems.
- Either a servo centers or it doesn’t. Servos that don’t center are either being used outside of their design specs or are broken/defective. This is a common symptom if you strip some teeth on one of the gears.
- Every 357 and 358 I have centers perfectly.

So my advice to the guy with the servo that isn’t centering (and you have determined the steering isn’t binding) is don’t just go run off and buy another high dollar replacement. Open the case and check the gears. Airtronics sells replacement gears, which are much less expensive than a new servo.

Also, digital servos like the 757 or 758 are the latest and greatest technology, offering high speed and precision. But be aware that they have higher power consumption. If you are running a small, low mAh receiver pack to save weight, and you decide to switch to digital servos, be sure to test that the pack has enough capacity to keep you powered up through a long main.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, so I'm a sellout!

Originally posted by Old Skool
No, that was another spot where the track owner 'strategically' planted a huge steel spike to hold down a board on the infield...
Hey Old School, do you ever race down at RCCAR?
Old 05-19-2003, 02:07 PM

I think the epa on the radio when the NTC3 is steering lock to lock and the servo arm in the right angle is about 65%. At least mine is with 2 different radios. Yea by moving the arm a notch on the TC3 you almost get the same amount of steering, left to right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.