Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me out on a question I have concerning throttle linkage. I'm running a rear exhaust MT12 with a slide carb. When I initially set up my servo throw there is only a very small slit in the carb at idle which is how it's supposed to be I believe. However, when I give the car throttle and then release the trigger the carb does not close all the way to where it was previously. It's almost like the carb is sticking or something. When I hit the brakes the carb closes back to idle, but shouldn't it do that even when I don't hit the brakes? Do I need to rotate the servo horn so there is more pressure on the spring to keep the carb closed when I'm not on the brakes? Seems like if I do that the servo is constantly under strain. (I can hear it working when I initially turn on the car.) Any suggestions?
Old 03-24-2002, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just sounds like you need to adjust the linkage to me!
Old 03-24-2002, 06:53 PM

Does the slide carb return to the closed position with the linkage unhooked? My slide on my RB was alot higher than the servo, the linkage was in a angle and binded up so I added a nut under the linkage to space the linkage up on the servo arm. Also turn the carb so that you have the straightest throw to the servo arm.
Old 03-24-2002, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Actually no the slide does not return all the way to idle when you pull it out and let it go. I think I just need to turn the servo horn a little more to get the throttle spring to compress the slide a bit more. Anyone care to post some pics of their set up?
Old 03-24-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Blimey, I picked the spring up today and installed. The steering feels much better now.

-Brock
Old 03-24-2002, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

You're welcome...makes a big difference huh!
Old 03-24-2002, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by bbntc3
Does the slide carb return to the closed position with the linkage unhooked? My slide on my RB was alot higher than the servo, the linkage was in a angle and binded up so I added a nut under the linkage to space the linkage up on the servo arm. Also turn the carb so that you have the straightest throw to the servo arm.
I used the "rotary shims" that come with the kit to do the same thing.They are in the rotary carb install instructions.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

brock sorry I couldn't give you a number for the part I just pulled one off the wall at the store and threw the package away, However I noticed today that the tension spring on the TC3 and the NTC3 diffs is the same one.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would check that....The diff spring from a GT,and the slipper pad spring almost look the same,but the slipper spring is a tad shorter,allowing the screw to catch the nut when installing on the servo saver...The diff spring is #6582....the spring you want is the "tourque control spring"#6587..........

BTW,when I mentioned the silocone on the engine mounts on the Veteq,it was for vibration with the monoque chassis.......I tried to find the original post,but couldn't..I have it printed up somewhere,but with 60 cars,Sometimes it's hard remembereing where I put everything......

Last edited by fastharry™; 03-25-2002 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I noticed the ball cup that holds the carb slider to be very tight and restrictive.That is what I found to be causing the non closure.A tighter spring would also work better too.
Old 03-25-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dennis: No problem brotha. Man your engine is awsome in my NTC3, I just need to fix the tank. I'll kick Dansby butt at the next race for you haha!!
Old 03-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

ya I got to get one in mine real soon to see what its like. been running a stock collari 5 port in it for the moment.
I figure it'll be less than minutes and john will be lurking to put some trash talk down.
you guys are so dang funny. LOL
Old 03-25-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dennis: What's up, how'd you get the Collari to fit? Just wondering because I had one a while back before I returned it and got the RTU. It didn't seem like it fit that well for me. It's just a matter of time till John post some smack haha!! I can't wait to put the smackdown on his million dollar mugen LOL! I heard that it got outlawed because it's so light. Later
Old 03-25-2002, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

The collari fit fine it was the collet that was a drag. I had to make a small precision split sleeve to put into the associated collet to make it work properly. The collari collet taper won't fit the associates flywheel. (actually associated uses a wierd taper that is why they supply a collet in the kit.) I know someone out there makes a collet that will work off the shelf I'm just not sure who.
Old 03-26-2002, 03:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by SuperMugen
Dennis: No problem brotha. Man your engine is awsome in my NTC3, I just need to fix the tank. I'll kick Dansby butt at the next race for you haha!!
Hey Super ntc3: hope you have figured out how to gear an RTU
to work at Castle or Antioch with the stock gearing...the lowest
you can go is 20/54 in first which works out to be 6.75 to 1.
A stock MT-12/RS12/RB12 needs 18/54 and my engines run at
17/53 with 62 mm diameter foam tires....(that is, if I was running
a NTC3, this is what I would need). Jeff Lewis is running
20/54 with as small as possible foam tires and he still wants
a lower gearing with a stock RS12....what does this all mean?
Ask your motor guru.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.