R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-21-2002, 04:04 PM   #376
Tech Apprentice

Anybody know if the #1713 AE turnbuckle set is the titanium set?I looked on their site but it doesn't specifically say they are titanium. Thanks
blimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:38 PM   #377
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea the spring works though its so stiff you cant really call it a servo saver anymore. I may just get rid of it all together and trim the top plate a little and put a GS servo saver on the servo.

The car runs much better with the tank rework too but the fuel still looks like its in a blender when you rev it up. As long as the bolts touch the chassis the orings that isolate the tank are basically useless. ( gt's dont shake the tank like this thing does, well not as bad, must be the north south mounting of the engine) I think I will switch to a different style tank all together so I can suspend it on grommets and posts and get it Isolated from the chassis. The cg will go up a little but Its hard to tune an air bubble. LOL

Its a small price to pay for a car that drives and accelerates as good as this thing does.

Ben the SX12 EV1 is identical to an RB X12. short rod, non turbo crank,standard plug. EV2 has the turbo crank like an non turbo RS 12 but it has a turbo plug. and the EV2 MS has the teflon backplate with replaceable inserts for the carb. All the Nova Megas are short rod.

Or the other way around is to say it is the same as the mt 12 with the exception of the case and the rod. The head and finset are a little different but they all interchange and the combustion chambers are literally Identical too.

Last edited by Motorman; 03-21-2002 at 08:50 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:46 PM   #378
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

motorman,how about silicone between the motor mounts like Serpent advised for my Veteq??
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:58 PM   #379
Tech Master

harry werent they doing that for heat transfer?? I saw some with heat sink compound on them at FT Myers. I didn't ask why they were doing it? I guess if they are recommending silicone must not be for heat transfer. Why did they say they were doing it.

Seems to me that if you could take a couple of posts off an HPI car (the ones between the deck ) you could bolt the rear post in the rear tank mounting hole and drill and countersink a new one in the front for another post and mount a serpent tank right on them with grommet Isolaters. Might have to put a square hole in the chassis for the bump in the bottom of the tank to sit in and give it a little clerance. Then bolt an Impulse or impact tank on it. Heck then you could use the new afl fuel cap. This is probably what I will do to mine. I would like to get the tank a little further from the hot exhaust header if I could anyway.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:50 AM   #380

Heat transfer compound greatly improves the heat transfer, on computers if you don't use it between the chip and the heat sink the cpu will fry, I think it's at least 10X more efficient than bare metal transfer. I thought it's not entirely a good thing to remove heat from the crankcase? Isn't it desirable to remove heat only from the combustion chamber?
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 01:53 PM   #381
Tech Master

benny your stuff is on the way
Old 03-22-2002, 09:03 PM   #382
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

Doesn't look nice(not to mention the pipe) but it works anyways.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ntc3.jpg (51.7 KB, 319 views)
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 01:42 AM   #383
Tech Master

Ok lovin this car and glad I traded the GT-4 in for this thing.I see some familiar names on here as ex GT-4 owners as wee tho......hmm I think I am not the only one that jumped to the AE bandwagon.Oh well.I am running on rubber this year and want to know what is the tyre of choice?

Last edited by INFERN0; 03-23-2002 at 01:44 AM.
INFERN0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 07:53 AM   #384
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

Inferno:
I still have my "frankenstein- modified" GT-4W. I am hanging on to it in my collection.
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 02:09 PM   #385
Tech Master

Well that's cool.Hey how come my pics don't show up on here?I can't even get a file attachment to show up.
Old 03-23-2002, 05:24 PM   #386
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Kaliboy

Quote:
Originally posted by INFERN0
Ok lovin this car and glad I traded the GT-4 in for this thing.I see some familiar names on here as ex GT-4 owners as wee tho......hmm I think I am not the only one that jumped to the AE bandwagon.Oh well.I am running on rubber this year and want to know what is the tyre of choice?
Yeah, I picked up an NTC3. I was a little hesitant at first. I'm still holding on to both of my GT4s in case I can't get the NTC3 to handle well. As a matter of fact today was the first day I got to run my car. The car turned in well with a push coming out of the turns. It's an easy fix but my fingers were to numb to do any wrenching. It was in the 50's which wasn't too bad but the wind really made it hard on my hands. The car accelerated well but you had to really listen to the 2spd kick in. This car has amazing acceleration and handles very well. It looks like my GT4's may be gathering dust this season.
Kaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 09:52 PM   #387
Tech Master

Jeff change the servo saver spring and I think your push will go away. mine did
Old 03-23-2002, 10:36 PM   #388
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to SuperMugen
Servo saver spring

What's up gang, can someone give me the exact part number for the slipper clutch spring that is used for the servo saver? I think someone mentioned it a while back...I'm just to lazy to look for it. Thanks.

-Brock
SuperMugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 03:40 AM   #389
Tech Master

Ya I know what you mean.I had a hell of a time adjusting the two speed cuz it shifted so smooth I could not quite tell where even if it shifted.Now I can tell but I have to listen close and have no other cars running to blank out the slight change in tune.
I also noticed the Pit tyres are working well in the cold 20's and 25's
Old 03-24-2002, 04:30 AM   #390
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Servo saver spring

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperMugen
What's up gang, can someone give me the exact part number for the slipper clutch spring that is used for the servo saver? I think someone mentioned it a while back...I'm just to lazy to look for it. Thanks.

-Brock
Try 6587...it is real stiff!
blimey is offline   Reply With Quote