R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-27-2003, 08:15 PM   #3676
Tech Initiate

do i have to shim my SIRIO if i go 30 %?
or just RIPPEDDDDDDDDD
onroadmaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:23 PM   #3677
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
not set up board..tweak station..got one of those?..

and we'll be racing in Nanuet ny on tues nites....in a couple weeks...
where in Nanuet are u going to race? every tues no weekends?
penggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:57 PM   #3678
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by onroadmaniak
yes i do HUDY ......i hope to see u guys soon...should i bring my IMPULSE too or just leave it in the closet?
nope..not a HUDY set up board..this little item......

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNY22&P=7

you got one of these?..

yeah,leave that Impulse home....why be slow?..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 09:00 PM   #3679
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by penggoy
where in Nanuet are u going to race? every tues no weekends?
we race at a Private business....its just a group of guys that have been doing this for 6 years.....

when we start,post here..I'll tell you where is.....its sort of private,but you can stop by and say hi...bring your tc3..
Old 04-28-2003, 12:36 PM   #3680
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys. Had my season opener this past Sunday. Didn't turn out the best, but still had alot of fun.

First of all, the aluminum trany cases & "The Fix" are awesome. I had a few hits that last year would have ended my day, and these parts did not budge. Our track is an 1/8th scale fixed board track, with doubled up 2 x 4's in the infield & bolted down 2 x 8's for boarders, it tears cars up. If you don't have these parts get them, you will never have to replace another trany case or shock tower again.

I also tried the RD Logics pipe & was impressed, but ran into problems with a hole in the weld on the pipe flange, and the manifold hitting on the fuel outlet of the stock tank (actually melted my fuel feed nipple shut, thru the fuel tubing). I have to send the pipe back for replacement.

We had 10 sedans, an A & B main, missed the A by less than a second. I had qualified 1st in the B, but had an accident with 2 cars stopped in the in-field during warm-up for the main with less than 1 minute to the start. I had hit the wall at full speed trying to avoid them and actually broke my steering racks servo saver arm right off, no other damage to the car, but it was the one part I didn't have (put my extra NTC3 steering rack on my electric TC3 & forgot to restock, dammit!)

One last thing, the MTX-3 is the real deal. 2 of my friends made the switch from a NTC3 & Reflex, and their cars where dialed right out of the box. They had no problems on our 230' straight either. One of these guys hadn't raced all season indoors and came out with a brand new car (to him), and TQ'd & won the A. Very impressive, hats off to the Mugen guys, a very nice car.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:23 PM   #3681
Tech Adept

10% is the car
30% is setup
60% Is your driving.
IF you have the skills of driving and the speed needed for the track there is no stopping you only the Drivers that your lapping. My Friend and i always have competion against each other
My Car
NTC3 Stock
Sx .12
airtronic servo all around Not the chepa kind
XXTra for RX
MY friends car
NTC3 New Style kit
Yokomo RX .12
Airtronic servos same kind
XXTRa
He made that engine fast we run i would kick his ass on the STraigh (diffrent Gearing) but DAmn him he gets everyone in the infeild
The Infeild is the most important Straight aways is only So long b4 you get into the infeild so get better in the infeild then the sTraight away
Yokomo_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 02:25 PM   #3682
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

I'm sorry, but,

whaaaaaa?
Old 04-28-2003, 05:24 PM   #3683
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Hi guys. Had my season opener this past Sunday. Didn't turn out the best, but still had alot of fun.

First of all, the aluminum trany cases & "The Fix" are awesome. I had a few hits that last year would have ended my day, and these parts did not budge. Our track is an 1/8th scale fixed board track, with doubled up 2 x 4's in the infield & bolted down 2 x 8's for boarders, it tears cars up. If you don't have these parts get them, you will never have to replace another trany case or shock tower again.

I also tried the RD Logics pipe & was impressed, but ran into problems with a hole in the weld on the pipe flange, and the manifold hitting on the fuel outlet of the stock tank (actually melted my fuel feed nipple shut, thru the fuel tubing). I have to send the pipe back for replacement.

We had 10 sedans, an A & B main, missed the A by less than a second. I had qualified 1st in the B, but had an accident with 2 cars stopped in the in-field during warm-up for the main with less than 1 minute to the start. I had hit the wall at full speed trying to avoid them and actually broke my steering racks servo saver arm right off, no other damage to the car, but it was the one part I didn't have (put my extra NTC3 steering rack on my electric TC3 & forgot to restock, dammit!)

One last thing, the MTX-3 is the real deal. 2 of my friends made the switch from a NTC3 & Reflex, and their cars where dialed right out of the box. They had no problems on our 230' straight either. One of these guys hadn't raced all season indoors and came out with a brand new car (to him), and TQ'd & won the A. Very impressive, hats off to the Mugen guys, a very nice car.

enough for you to switch?.....do you still see advantages that teh tc3 has(cornering speed,acceleration,transition through switchbacks etc)...also,is teh mtx3 proving to be durable?..I hear from guys that watch them that the front uni's are a real problem...not popping out,but breaking..
Old 04-28-2003, 05:30 PM   #3684
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Re: Full view w/ K-Factory Bumper brace.

Quote:
Originally posted by XtremeMDX
From front to back.
What kind of wheel is that for the radio?
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:27 PM   #3685
Tech Fanatic

Swen,
That's a plastic aftermarket wheel distributed sy Schumacher. I have one on my M8 & my 3PK. They're nice, but billet would be better.

Fastharry,
Not good enough to switch, but definetly good enough to pick one up. On Saturday while practicing they where having trouble keeping up on the straights, and I honestly think they benifit from the belt drag when cornering. I am forever having to correct for overshooting a turn, I think I'll add a little drag brake for the next race weekend and see what happens. As for durability, all these guys spent the extra cash when assembling their MTX-3's, universals, aluminum braces & brackets, better chassis, lightened shafts, ect.. Not stock by anymeans (if you've seen the car up close in box stock form some of the parts just have a very cheep feel/look to them). They all tell me anyone can drive the car & do well, but I think the driver is the most important factor. One of our group bought a Serpent 705, MS modded .12, ect., spent big cash, and he hated it. He ran 2 qualifiers with the brand new package and put it up for sale. All depends on the driver.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:42 PM   #3686
Tech Adept

What i ment its your Driving that really counts in racing the straight it was is of less concern its the infield .
Yokomo_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 08:03 PM   #3687
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Swen,
That's a plastic aftermarket wheel distributed sy Schumacher. I have one on my M8 & my 3PK. They're nice, but billet would be better.

Fastharry,
Not good enough to switch, but definetly good enough to pick one up. On Saturday while practicing they where having trouble keeping up on the straights, and I honestly think they benifit from the belt drag when cornering. I am forever having to correct for overshooting a turn, I think I'll add a little drag brake for the next race weekend and see what happens. As for durability, all these guys spent the extra cash when assembling their MTX-3's, universals, aluminum braces & brackets, better chassis, lightened shafts, ect.. Not stock by anymeans (if you've seen the car up close in box stock form some of the parts just have a very cheep feel/look to them). They all tell me anyone can drive the car & do well, but I think the driver is the most important factor. One of our group bought a Serpent 705, MS modded .12, ect., spent big cash, and he hated it. He ran 2 qualifiers with the brand new package and put it up for sale. All depends on the driver.

thats the biggest problem with teh car..and its not the car,its the free wheeling shaft drive....when you get off the gas,there's no foward shift of weight to the front wheels....AND no braking....so if you dont stop that car,you aint turning it...thats why every one says it pushes..they are used to the drag from the belts...which gets weight to teh front wheels so they have traction and turn..

also,the car is faster acceleration wise,so any corner you enter, you're traveling faster....and that really compounds the problem..

what I did last year was added drag brake..got really used to the car,and then reset it with none...I got to the point where I could really nail every corner.....I've learned not to overdrive the car..I just put in inputs,and let the car do its thing....

with my Lola impulse,through the sweepers,and chicanes,I drive the car through with the gas..

with the tc3,I hold the gas on,and just flick the wheel...and I trust the car to get through....and it does......
]

not for nothing,have you seen the new GS team magic car?.....that car looks like a killer....there will bbe a slew of tc3's AND mugens for sale when that car comes out...

but not me.....I love that shaft drive....

BTW,You're right about the Mugen..those guys have a lot of nerve complaining about the race ready things you have to do to a tc3.....every one of those cars has so many hop ups in it,I'm suprised its Not Mugen mtx3/rs4

and i hear that even with the new uni's,they are still breaking at the joint....

take a brand new Tc3,(with teh gears in the kit),add the fix,maybe a pipe..what else gives you that performance dollar.....nothing I know of...

plus,teh tc3 comes with dual ball diffs...no grease,silicone,or BIG disasembly to worry about..

Last edited by fastharry™; 04-29-2003 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:10 PM   #3688
Tech Apprentice

Man,

Ive been posting on the MTX-3 thread fully having decided on getting an MTX-3, but now a friend of mine that I hadnt talked to in while wants to get rid of his NTC3 and is willing to let me take it off his hands for 150 bux... I'm so conflicted and confused... AAUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know what to do. They both look like great cars. I like the look of both cars, but my biggest worry is that I might opt for the NTC3 and have some trouble getting it dialed in cause im so new to the hobby, where as the MTX-3 sounds like its pretty dialed in box stock setup.

Last edited by BossPlaya; 04-28-2003 at 09:18 PM.
BossPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:12 PM   #3689
Tech Elite

wants to get rid of his what?.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:18 PM   #3690
Tech Apprentice

did an edit, sorry about that...
BossPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote