Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 09:04 PM

Default Re: My fuel tank FIX

Originally posted by jscamry
hey all. I know that most of you all have your fix, to stop the pipe from comming over and smashing the pipe. It took me 2 tanks to come up with this design. Please let me know your thoughts on my design..

J.

I hope these are not too large. This is my first time posting pics.
Pretty good, but what's the RAID and ?baby powder? for?
Old 04-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

its called torque steer its the only problem with Shaft Driven carz thats why your car pulls to one side. just by adding a lil more weight on the Right side should help. onroadmaniak the reason is the shaft is rotating to the left or counter clockwise so thats why your car drift up left to find the right spot to put a lil more weight to the right side. Just got back from work and im falling asleep hahaa
Old 04-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2 Speed Tranny

I heard MIP has made a 2 speed, and right now the opinion I got was to stay away from the Kawahara Centax clutch because of some people not being satisfied with the engineering and setupability...hehe new word.

MIP supposedly made one with 1 spring that goes all the way around the clutch shoes but I'm unable to find any info on it...retail sales or otherwise.

Any ideas or links you have avail?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Have you guys tested or heard how the Proline 350 Z body handles?
Old 04-23-2003, 05:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally posted by Yokomo_King
its called torque steer its the only problem with Shaft Driven carz thats why your car pulls to one side. just by adding a lil more weight on the Right side should help. onroadmaniak the reason is the shaft is rotating to the left or counter clockwise so thats why your car drift up left to find the right spot to put a lil more weight to the right side. Just got back from work and im falling asleep hahaa
Sorry king but torque steer is not the reason. It sounds to me alot like the car has some tweak in it. I had an MTX2 before and when that car shifted from 1st to 2nd it would side step about 10 inches. Would that be considered torque steer? No it was just a tweak problem. Work on the tweak on the NTC3 and you'll get it figured out. Also check to make sure that your steering servo saver is tight. Did you replace the stock sprink in the servo saver? If not the power going to the wheels could be overpowering the spring in the servo saver and causing it to pull to the side. Just something to check out. Hope you like the car.

Jon
Old 04-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: 2 Speed Tranny

Originally posted by RedScorp
I heard MIP has made a 2 speed,
Not a 2-speed, but a clutch kit with the circular shoes. I have one and it works great.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

SWEN.... there's no servo saver on a TC3.......SWING-RACK is called
thanx for the info anyway......never had problems with me IMPULSE......i might try to hook up with fastharry and see.
i'm gonna put the ball diffs back in the car and see.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by onroadmaniak
thanx for the info anyway......never had problems with me IMPULSE......i might try to hook up with fastharry and see.
The servo saver is built into the swing rack. There is a spring in the swing rack that is not quite stiff enough out of the box. Find a slipper clutch sping from an RC10GT and put it in the swing rack in place of the one that came in the kit. This will make the steering more reponsive. This is an important issue with the car! A must do fix.

Jon
Old 04-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by onroadmaniak
sorry Onroadmaniak - there IS a servo saver on the NTC3.

It is built into the swing rack. Did you purchase the RTR? If so, then you didn't build this piece and may not know it's there. If you did, then you should remember the funky little cam-shaped linkage that connects the servo to the actual swing rack - and the spring that is in there - THATs the servo saver. It works pretty well and is a decently simple design.

However, the spring in it (part no. 3929) is stupid weak and just doesn't hold up. Replace it with part no. 6587 - the spring from the slipper clutch on the RC10GT. You still get servo saving action but much more positive action.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default rcpilot

no it is not hollow is is just a light piece of allumium. I bought it at a place called skycraft, wich is a parts ans surplus store. here is there Website I just bought jthe piece at the store, since it was located here in Fl.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Regional Moderator

As always well put Boomer.

Jon
Old 04-23-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

any of you guys know the link to the gear ratio chart that associated had..or can you paste it here(you know,pinion and spur combos)..as I recall,there was one on their site,and someone had posted an even more varied one..I looked in teh tc3 forun archives,but could locate it..thanks..
Old 04-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
any of you guys know the link to the gear ratio chart that associated had..or can you paste it here(you know,pinion and spur combos)..as I recall,there was one on their site,and someone had posted an even more varied one..I looked in teh tc3 forun archives,but could locate it..thanks..
Here is the

Chart
Old 04-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thank you ..what site was that on,if you don't mind me asking...
Old 04-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

I have no idea to tell you the truth. A friend of mine just showed me that and I bookmarked it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.