R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-22-2003, 02:48 PM   #3496

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Hmm? Everyone jumping off the NTC3 boat? What's the problem? Like I said from the begining the NTC3 is a very good car for short and medium tracks, due to the gearing and the shaft. Its also a very fast qualifier on all tracks, but its not the best car out there like some people here says.
Its like everything else new, everyone must have it!! I guess if the Ofna shaft car goes and wins a race or 2 everyone will want on that bandwagon.
It will be interesting to see how many so called die hard Ae owners here that swear by the car will stay with the car.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:01 PM   #3497

Speedy-OB4: The diff cases alone are alittle over an oz. of extra weight. I would'nt use anything else do to it being not stong enough, one good hit and I'd say its bye bye to those shocktowers. Remember, alum does'nt give it just bends! If you want a good chassis go with the GH chassis, or maybe try the new RD 7075 chasiss, it close to a direct copy of the GH. for the price and quality you can't go wrong, I have used the GH since its release, it's much better than the flemsy, flexy Ae chassis.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:29 PM   #3498
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: New NTC3 K-Factory Shock Towers

Quote:
Originally posted by TimA
Anyone know about pricing and availability for the new K-Factory NTC3 shock towers?

Thanks
In Europe they will cost appprox. USD 45,-- , and they are available within 2-3 weeks.
herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:44 PM   #3499
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default Re: Re: New NTC3 K-Factory Shock Towers

Quote:
Originally posted by herb
In Europe they will cost appprox. USD 45,-- , and they are available within 2-3 weeks.

this is the std one...

SHOCK TOWER W/ALUM MOUNT: NTC3 [TRIK1239]
by TRINITY
Category: CSO-Gas Car/Truck Option Parts Price: $63.89

this is the one with the extra support......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NYAFR SHOCK MOUNT, ALUM: TC3 [TRIK1243]
by TRINITY
Category: CSO-Gas Car/Truck Option Parts Price: $67.49

both are at Horizon hobby....

fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:46 PM   #3500
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
Hmm? Everyone jumping off the NTC3 boat? What's the problem? Like I said from the begining the NTC3 is a very good car for short and medium tracks, due to the gearing and the shaft. Its also a very fast qualifier on all tracks, but its not the best car out there like some people here says.
Its like everything else new, everyone must have it!! I guess if the Ofna shaft car goes and wins a race or 2 everyone will want on that bandwagon.
It will be interesting to see how many so called die hard Ae owners here that swear by the car will stay with the car.

wait till thad garner and Hara win a race with the HPI r40....that will be the new flavor for tc3 AND Mugen owners...
Old 04-22-2003, 04:49 PM   #3501
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
Anyone that says that any car is "The Best" is fooling themselves. Some cars work for some people, and some don't, it's that simple. The fact is that the NTC3 has worked for quite a few, just as I'm sure the Mugen will. But, you can't please all the people all the time, right? I will stick with AE because in the right hands, everything they make can be a winner. There's really no need to defend them, their track record speaks for itself.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:53 PM   #3502
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Do you guys mount your servos with the little rubber isolators? I just roasted one of mine that was mounted solid.
Peter Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:58 PM   #3503

Wink

A lot of the boat jumpers dumped the car because of the old gears when using a one way or solid axle. The tank problems were solvable (if you even had them) with common sense. The car was strong enough for most people, and can be made stronger. Track type does come into play, if I raced on low traction surfaces(which I normally don't) I think the engine torque would be an issue. All the teething is done now, and I'm really looking forward to this year, especially because there won't be nearly as many NTC3s to deal with.

I was thinking about the comment about people going to MTX3s turning better lap times and all I could think about was how easy it is to overshoot with this car because it doesn't bleed off speed like the belts do, One of my driving flaws and it is really tough for me not to do is overdriving the car and not letting off soon enough; that corner entry speed is a big problem

Last edited by OB42TC3; 04-22-2003 at 05:03 PM.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:59 PM   #3504

Quote:
Originally posted by spongebob
Do you guys mount your servos with the little rubber isolators? I just roasted one of mine that was mounted solid.
for the throttle I do, since you have to pretty much go to the stop, if it's off a little you'll strain the servo.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 05:31 PM   #3505
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default My fuel tank FIX

hey all. I know that most of you all have your fix, to stop the pipe from comming over and smashing the pipe. It took me 2 tanks to come up with this design. Please let me know your thoughts on my design..

J.

I hope these are not too large. This is my first time posting pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full view.jpg (85.6 KB, 158 views)
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 05:32 PM   #3506
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

here are a few others
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front nut.jpg (45.3 KB, 131 views)
Old 04-22-2003, 05:32 PM   #3507
Tech Addict

another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear nut.jpg (53.9 KB, 113 views)
Old 04-22-2003, 05:33 PM   #3508
Tech Addict

here is a pic of the rod that I used
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rod side.jpg (37.5 KB, 110 views)
Old 04-22-2003, 05:49 PM   #3509
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by OB42TC3
A lot of the boat jumpers dumped the car because of the old gears when using a one way or solid axle. The tank problems were solvable (if you even had them) with common sense. The car was strong enough for most people, and can be made stronger. Track type does come into play, if I raced on low traction surfaces(which I normally don't) I think the engine torque would be an issue. All the teething is done now, and I'm really looking forward to this year, especially because there won't be nearly as many NTC3s to deal with.

I was thinking about the comment about people going to MTX3s turning better lap times and all I could think about was how easy it is to overshoot with this car because it doesn't bleed off speed like the belts do, One of my driving flaws and it is really tough for me not to do is overdriving the car and not letting off soon enough; that corner entry speed is a big problem

yeah,but I'll tell you..when you hit that perfect line,does that car corner,OR what?.....
Old 04-22-2003, 05:55 PM   #3510

You got it OB4, overdriving the car, that's been our problem from the begining.
But... Like Harry says, man when you hit it right , theres nothing that comes off the corner like it can!!