R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-20-2003, 09:02 PM   #3466
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to torchedlh

to fix your slow accellartion....your low end needle is probably too rich (too much fuel, not enough air). so you should lean it out 1/8 at a time till that is remidied

for your car locking up.... do you mean engine dieing too? otherwise you could just have rocks or debris stuck in your clutch bell/spur gear mesh.
torchedlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:12 PM   #3467
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by torchedlh
to fix your slow accellartion....your low end needle is probably too rich (too much fuel, not enough air). so you should lean it out 1/8 at a time till that is remidied

for your car locking up.... do you mean engine dieing too? otherwise you could just have rocks or debris stuck in your clutch bell/spur gear mesh.
I tried to lean my engien out but it the same, I checked my 2 speed but don't seem to be anything stuck in it, but I try my clutch. Thanx for the help!
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:26 PM   #3468
Tech Regular

I just recently sprayed up a quick & nasty day-glo orange/white Lola body for my NTC3, shouldn't get lost on the back straight of a big track, lol! FWIW, recent updates to the car include an RD Logics pipe, K Factory grahpite front bumper brace (w/Kawahara aluminum body mounts off my old MTX-2), and an MIP cluctch. I was able to run this setup a few weeks ago, and the clutch is much improved over the previous setups, which included lightened 3-shoe/HD springs, standard 3-shoe/soft springs, and the stock 2-shoe arrangement. I am not ready to splash out big $$$'s for a Centax yet. One thing I did do that improved handling immensely was to remove both front and rear swaybars. The suspension articulates much better and the car has more downtravel, or droop. I also reinstalled the rear diff (used to run the solid axle), but for the time being the Yokomo one-way up front hasn't been swapped out yet...more testing to come! The pipe makes engine tuning much less of an issue. For now I am running the Ofna/Picco 7-port turbo, and the powerband is insane! Shock oil is 55 front/45 rear, with the rear shock pistons changed over to #4's.

Roll on summer, please!
Old Skool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:30 PM   #3469
Tech Regular

Much too clean!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01696.jpg (154.7 KB, 192 views)
Old 04-20-2003, 09:32 PM   #3470
Tech Regular

The ususal view the competition gets? Bwahaha-hee!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01697.jpg (141.4 KB, 154 views)
Old 04-20-2003, 09:34 PM   #3471
Tech Regular

Naked left side...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01698.jpg (175.3 KB, 133 views)
Old 04-20-2003, 09:36 PM   #3472
Tech Regular

...and finally a view from the top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc01699.jpg (182.0 KB, 151 views)
Old 04-20-2003, 10:46 PM   #3473
Tech Apprentice

Old Skool what kinda masking tape did you use?? and what did you use to cut the engine hole on the body? because i used lexan scissors to cut the engine hole and roll bar it didnt even up at all...
Got Rice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 11:56 PM   #3474
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati998
HI! I just took my ntc3 out for a spin today. My car keep having some problem. When I gas it the car take a while for it to accelerates and it take off slow, can someone please help me out, telling me what to adjust? Also while running the car for a while I have another problem, my car suddendly locks up. I don't know what happen, I run the car and then brake, the car just locked up. The 2 speed won't move at all, can someone please help me out? Thank very much! HElp is very apperciated.

might be your throttle servo is locking up...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:09 AM   #3475
Tech Addict

Default Wanted Suspension Experts

I run my ntc3 in a bumpy track. Handling is sluggish and tends to oversteer on tight turns.
My basic set-up:
- 40wt shock oil (front and rear)
- copper springs - front
- silver springs - rear
- Cambers and toe-in/toe-out are all basic according to manual.
I race with mostly v1rr and serpents, generally my car is faster, but because their car is more steady especially on turns I am always left behind. Need your suggestions please.
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 06:15 AM   #3476
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Skool
I just recently sprayed up a quick & nasty day-glo orange/white Lola body for my NTC3, shouldn't get lost on the back straight of a big track, lol! FWIW, recent updates to the car include an RD Logics pipe, K Factory grahpite front bumper brace (w/Kawahara aluminum body mounts off my old MTX-2), and an MIP cluctch. I was able to run this setup a few weeks ago, and the clutch is much improved over the previous setups, which included lightened 3-shoe/HD springs, standard 3-shoe/soft springs, and the stock 2-shoe arrangement. I am not ready to splash out big $$$'s for a Centax yet. One thing I did do that improved handling immensely was to remove both front and rear swaybars. The suspension articulates much better and the car has more downtravel, or droop. I also reinstalled the rear diff (used to run the solid axle), but for the time being the Yokomo one-way up front hasn't been swapped out yet...more testing to come! The pipe makes engine tuning much less of an issue. For now I am running the Ofna/Picco 7-port turbo, and the powerband is insane! Shock oil is 55 front/45 rear, with the rear shock pistons changed over to #4's.

Roll on summer, please!

OLD SCHOOL......good to hear from you again...

tell us how the car has been running...have you raced against any of the Mugens yet?......
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 08:03 AM   #3477
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Rice?
Old Skool what kinda masking tape did you use?? and what did you use to cut the engine hole on the body? because i used lexan scissors to cut the engine hole and roll bar it didnt even up at all...
I lay out a strip of good masking tape on a piece of thick plexiglass (from the scrap bin of the local plastics store), and split it up the middle with a new X-Acto #11 blade. Use the fresh edge for masking. I used my trusty Dremel to cut out all the openings; I still need to clean them up with a small file.

Fastharry: Yeah, I've been running my XR & T-Maxx 2.5 (sweet engine!) all winter. Now that spring is here, time to break out the on-roads again. I'd love to enter the car in some races but winter doesn't want to seem to go away out here. I was looking at the MTX-3, but wanted to tweak the NTC-3 first...the stock chassis was replaced with a GH chassis late last year. The RD Logics pipe makes tuning sooooo much easier! Highly recommended.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:58 AM   #3478
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Wanted Suspension Experts

Quote:
Originally posted by thefuzzclub
I run my ntc3 in a bumpy track. Handling is sluggish and tends to oversteer on tight turns.
My basic set-up:
- 40wt shock oil (front and rear)
- copper springs - front
- silver springs - rear
- Cambers and toe-in/toe-out are all basic according to manual.
I race with mostly v1rr and serpents, generally my car is faster, but because their car is more steady especially on turns I am always left behind. Need your suggestions please.
1. move rear camber link to optional position
2. add rear toe-in... 3 degrees

*** are you using front one ways?
*** what is your diffSetting?
*** what tires are you using?
*** does your car oversteer on entry or exit?
*** does your car have rear sway bars?

- try loosening your rear diffs
- try moving front shock outward
- try moving rear shock inward
- try removing rear sway bars...

Last edited by highwayman; 04-21-2003 at 10:03 AM.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:41 AM   #3479
Tech Master

Default Future racer

Here is my pit mechanic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garage0203_2.jpg (98.4 KB, 150 views)
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:51 PM   #3480
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
OLD SCHOOL......good to hear from you again...

tell us how the car has been running...have you raced against any of the Mugens yet?......
hey fastharry: Just curious, you've been asking alot of Mugen questions lately. Are you having some doubts about your NTC3? Before you would slam people for getting Mugens just because you thought they were "the flavor of the month." And you wouldn't even budge on even thinking that it might be as fast,if not QUICKER, than a NTC3. Are you planning on getting one now?

I'll tell you this much about the MTX3, it's a really good car out of the box. I run a NTC3 myself and enjoy driving it. At Crystal Park, I am probably one of a very few left driving it, and the rest are Mugens. After looking at one and seeing first timers(who used to have a GT4 or NTC3 as their first car) all of a sudden run greatly improved quick laps with one, I'm thinking of getting one myself or maybe even a Team Magic G4. The MTX3, even when the track is a little loose, seem more stable than a NTC3. And alot of them run the box-stock setup.

(yeah Isuzuguy, I'm thinking about it. )
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote