R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2003, 05:11 AM   #3421
Tech Fanatic

Default NTC3 clutch

Just my 2-cents on the clutches guys;

If your going to use the stock clutch, 2-shoe or 3-shoe, you will need to use the heavy copper springs, and you will need to lighten the shoes. Get your self a lightened clutch bell also.

I have been running a set of Kawahara clutches for a year now, both on JP modifieds, and have had nothing but good experiences to post about. I really don't know why Kawahara has been getting such a bad rap lately, especially when compared to the K-Factory stuff. If you take a look at the 2 side-by-side you'll see the differance in quality. I'm sure the K-factory functions alright, but most all of their procducts are not worth the exorbitant amount of cash they're asking for. As far as most of their aluminum products go, I don't see a big differance between K-Factory & GPM.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 05:48 AM   #3422
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by FREAKAH
You just won't give up will you?!

What do you have against MTX-3 owners anyway?

And wasn't there a similar wagon when the NTC3 first came out?

I own BOTH cars and I hop on this forum once in a while to learn and to help. I don't go around bashing a particular car because some people switched to it and actually liked it better. As a matter of fact, I spend more time thinking about improving the NTC3 than the MTX-3 even though I only run the MTX-3.

Like many, I bought the MTX-3 because of my previous experience with the MTX-2 and other Mugen products. Not because of some so called "Bandwagon".

and most of the owners were MTX2 customers....

Freakah..you gotta relax...you know the nature of people..they want the latest and greatest....if that HPI car turns out to be a front runner,you don't think TC 3 AND Mugen people will get one(esp with HPIs parts avilability????).....or the new G4 from team magic.....thats all I'm saying...you guys love that the mugen won speedline..and so do I ...different cars and competition are good for the hobby,right?..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:01 AM   #3423
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Striker- Try to find yourself the new Rody tuned RB X12's either the 3 port or if you can the 5 port. I think the numbers are the 215 and the 235. Both ot these motors will outperform ALMOST anything out there. The only thing I think that could be any better would be a Ritchey modified MT12 but I don't know where you'd get one of those.

Jon
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 07:27 AM   #3424

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I got the K-Factory centax for $80 and the 3 shoe K-factory for less than $40 so I don't think thats was too expensive if you shop around K parts are almost as cheap as anything else.
I tried the K centax once so far, but it was on short track and did'nt like it, because of the none slip. We race mostly short track where to me you need alittle clutch slippage. The centax was either in or out. I think it would be great on long tracks. I'm gonna be racing the RB X12 Turbo 5 port with the 3 shoe K clutch on short tracks and the Richey or Smeltz Sirrio mod that I have with the K centax on long tracks this year, we'll see.
I'd kinda watch the the new centax style clutches with the adjusting nut on the outside. Serpent and a few other companys tried this a few years ago and the lock nut would over heat and the plastic would melt out and the clutch would loose adjustment. Maybe if the new style used a metal lock nut without the plastic thread lock it would be ok.
I have switched to the new RD pipe and it is sweet!
For the record, all the mods I have done to my car has made it run and tune flawless now. It will run until theres no fuel left in the tank, it holds its tune well, and will idle a whole tank of fuel out without flameouts if I want it too. Damn! Its great to go to the drivers stand without a starterbox and a handfull of tools!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 09:05 AM   #3425
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I guess that's something I forgot to point out. Our home track is an 1/8 scale track, 230' straight, really big. I don't get to race on smaller tracks that often. I also will agree that the K-Factory stuff can be had for less if you don't mind shopping and sometimes a little wait. I have been tempted to get their tank and left brace, I use their 1-piece center bulkhead & brake cam now and it's ok. I have heard that their left brace interfears with the RD Logics pipe's pressure nipple & that the fuel outlet on the tank is in an odd place, but I have not seen first hand. Next time I place a big order to HK I'll pick these up.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:22 AM   #3426
Tech Fanatic

Thought I'd post a few pictures before I take it out next weekend and hack it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03ntc3 001.jpg (60.3 KB, 164 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 09:23 AM   #3427
Tech Fanatic

My $6 paint job, on the only 200mm body the shop had left in stock. Perfect for the season opener.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03ntc3 002.jpg (58.6 KB, 138 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 09:24 AM   #3428
Tech Fanatic

I have a bunch, let me know when to stop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03ntc3 003.jpg (60.9 KB, 125 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 09:25 AM   #3429
Tech Fanatic

One more with the body on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03ntc3 012.jpg (61.3 KB, 110 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 09:26 AM   #3430
Tech Fanatic

I have a few with the body off too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03ntc3 008.jpg (60.4 KB, 138 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 09:27 AM   #3431
Tech Fanatic

Another body off shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03ntc3 009.jpg (59.2 KB, 134 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 09:28 AM   #3432
Tech Fanatic

Last one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03ntc3 011.jpg (59.3 KB, 121 views)
Old 04-19-2003, 09:28 AM   #3433
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm kinda new to this thread, but I guess I will try to ask again. Has anybody tried the new white gears for the one way?
thomasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 09:31 AM   #3434
Tech Fanatic

Several peolpe on this board have tried them and had good results. They're the same price and part number as the older black gears, and soon you won't have a choice, you'll have to use them. It's a running change, for the TC3 & NTC3 both.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:41 AM   #3435
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks for the info, this thread seems very infomative. I was getting ready to give up on the ntc3 cause i was tiried of stripping the gear. You give me hope, thanks alot
thomasf is offline   Reply With Quote