R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-18-2003, 05:52 PM   #3406
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

fastharry - I do have first hand knowledge. It helped with my tuning issuesbut I'm one of the unfortunate few that has the "non-existent tank problem." Who knows, maybe I just had 3 bad tanks. The K-Factory tank runs better for me. Just added the RDLogics pipe and now the whole fuel delivery system, engine and tuning are rock solid. Speedtech has the tank for $39. Some online place has them for $21 but it'll cost you about $10 in shipping from HK. If I never have to buy another tank again, then it was well worth it.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 05:53 PM   #3407
Tech Regular

What is the difference between the new associated tank and the old? Did they improve on strength or just the pressure tap was moved to the top?
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 06:04 PM   #3408
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
fastharry - I do have first hand knowledge. It helped with my tuning issuesbut I'm one of the unfortunate few that has the "non-existent tank problem." Who knows, maybe I just had 3 bad tanks. The K-Factory tank runs better for me. Just added the RDLogics pipe and now the whole fuel delivery system, engine and tuning are rock solid. Speedtech has the tank for $39. Some online place has them for $21 but it'll cost you about $10 in shipping from HK. If I never have to buy another tank again, then it was well worth it.

OK..thats what I'm looking for..I actually never thought I had a tuning issue UNTILL I tried the top fill associated tank..It made my RB's run better(as far as not loading up as easy) and tune easier than the old tank...

I will have to try the new K factory tank...thanks again...

how about the K factory centax?.try that yet?...I've heard mixed things on that also.....I saw GS Silicone is coming out with a Centax that has a nut you adjust for play(like the new Serpent Centeax 2)...

also,K factory has a metal swing rack that looked pretty cool...
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 07:04 PM   #3409
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Fastharry - I saw GS Silicone is coming out with a Centax that has a nut you adjust for play(like the new Serpent Centeax 2)...
All centaxs are adjustable by tightening or lossening the spring... that includes the kfactory... i have always heard good stuff about it... not so much with the kawahara stuff... but i wanna try mip 2 shoe... and kfactory 3shoe with hardened flywheel (it looks tight...) any one know where you can buy the kfactory 3shoe?
ImportRacer1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 07:17 PM   #3410
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Drag Race Engine

I don't want this to sould like every other post asking what's the fastest... I need an engine, for one race.

I'm looking for the badest .12 or .15 engine out there. Modded not not. I'm building a car for someone, who has to win a drag race againest a friend. Money isn't a problem. The car's a NTC3 with a two chamber pipe, three shoe flywheel and copper springs. For now, the car just has to win this race. The person he's going to be racing has a Fourtec with an unknown Sirio. I'd perfure the race not to be close. What would all of you suggest? Thanks for all the help.

I currently the car has a MT-12, but I'm looking for all options. I'm going to be putting a 6 tooth split for the gearing, 21/27 with 54/48. If you don't think that is wise, tell me otherwise. Thanks again.

Last edited by Striker; 04-18-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 07:41 PM   #3411
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by ImportRacer1187
All centaxs are adjustable by tightening or lossening the spring... that includes the kfactory... i have always heard good stuff about it... not so much with the kawahara stuff... but i wanna try mip 2 shoe... and kfactory 3shoe with hardened flywheel (it looks tight...) any one know where you can buy the kfactory 3shoe?
yep..they are..but by using shims...the new centax 2 from serpent has a nut on teh end of the bell you can adjust end play with..(same as the GS)..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 10:37 PM   #3412
Tech Fanatic

Default k factory centax clutch

Fastharry the k factory centax clutch is a must have. Engine tuning problems seem to go away, and most of all the clutch is consistent lap after lap. Another bonus is the tunibilty of the clutch you'll get more punch out of the corners (when set up correctly). I've been running one for about 5 weeks now and they are fantastic.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 11:15 PM   #3413
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
hey,thats what I like to hear...except you won't hear that on the Mugen forum ....but the next big car out,half those guys will be off the bandwagon anyway....
You just won't give up will you?!

What do you have against MTX-3 owners anyway?

And wasn't there a similar wagon when the NTC3 first came out?

I own BOTH cars and I hop on this forum once in a while to learn and to help. I don't go around bashing a particular car because some people switched to it and actually liked it better. As a matter of fact, I spend more time thinking about improving the NTC3 than the MTX-3 even though I only run the MTX-3.

Like many, I bought the MTX-3 because of my previous experience with the MTX-2 and other Mugen products. Not because of some so called "Bandwagon".
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:07 AM   #3414
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
hey,thats what I like to hear...except you won't hear that on the Mugen forum ....but the next big car out,half those guys will be off the bandwagon anyway....

I saw the K factory tank today..its pretty impressive looking..don't know if its worth 50 bucks,but it sure looks nice..

A couple of people didn't like the way they ran with that tank..

anyone else have any FIRST HAND knowledge?...

i have a k-factory tank on my NTC3 for about 1.5 months now, and aside from looking pretty good, the difference in handling is pretty negligable, because it rides on the same side as the motor which has a high CG...

with regards to fuel flow, i think the stock was better,...

dude... nice signature about the NTC3, people in my club said that this car was fragile compared to mugen cars... now i have a "thing" i can say back to them...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:12 AM   #3415
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rcpilot
What is the difference between the new associated tank and the old? Did they improve on strength or just the pressure tap was moved to the top?
just the direction where they open from...
Old 04-19-2003, 12:17 AM   #3416
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to torchedlh

actually they open from the same direction. they're the exact same tank except that the new one has the pressure nipple on the lid instead of near the fuel outlet. it's cheaper just to tap a hole yourself and buy a 8-32 nipple and epoxy the old one.
torchedlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:19 AM   #3417
Tech Elite

Default Re: Drag Race Engine

Quote:
Originally posted by Striker
I don't want this to sould like every other post asking what's the fastest... I need an engine, for one race.

I'm looking for the badest .12 or .15 engine out there. Modded not not. I'm building a car for someone, who has to win a drag race againest a friend. Money isn't a problem. The car's a NTC3 with a two chamber pipe, three shoe flywheel and copper springs. For now, the car just has to win this race. The person he's going to be racing has a Fourtec with an unknown Sirio. I'd perfure the race not to be close. What would all of you suggest? Thanks for all the help.

I currently the car has a MT-12, but I'm looking for all options. I'm going to be putting a 6 tooth split for the gearing, 21/27 with 54/48. If you don't think that is wise, tell me otherwise. Thanks again.

Sirio engines have a "kick" towards the end of the straight... like an overdrive of some sort, maybe because of the additional portings that they have... anyway just a suggestion, JP Racing Novarossi 5 port, and for fuel get 1 with the highest nitro content you can find...

I'd say that's the best gearing you can possibly have, but i'd put in a centax clutch for good measure... good luck!
Old 04-19-2003, 12:24 AM   #3418
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by torchedlh
actually they open from the same direction. they're the exact same tank except that the new one has the pressure nipple on the lid instead of near the fuel outlet. it's cheaper just to tap a hole yourself and buy a 8-32 nipple and epoxy the old one.
i stand corrected...
Old 04-19-2003, 01:31 AM   #3419
Tech Apprentice

ok ntc3 racers i have been reading this forum for ages now and all i hear is winging and complaing about the car eg. tank and clutch. i know i had my fair share of winging about it if its that bad you should all go back to associated and tell them, theres is enough of you people out in the states to stand up for your selfs, they will have to help or the kit should be revised, and if they say the team cars work, tell the team to come and set your cars up, because you should be able to buy the kit and it should do its job properly obviosly there is then faulty. I now simply dont use my ntc3 know because of some of the reasons with tank and clutch, and i also dont get fed up and stressed about the car anymore.

The way i look at it , if i cant go and buy a car and race and its not meant for todays high power motors and wont funtion properly i wont put up with it at all, if the car has got problems from day 1 well its always going to be that way.

I like the way the ntc3 is layed out and all but i wont use it anymore, so all in all im goin to stick with my vone rr and my mugen because thats the only cars out there that are competitive and do there job properly.

If you people are haveing tuning and clutch problems i would suggest to go for the centax style cuz over hear in australia i know one of my friends put this on his ntc3 and it solved his problem, but i didnt wish to do this because i didnt want to spend the extra cash!

Jeremy
mugen_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 01:36 AM   #3420
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

has any body tried the new gears for the one way and pinion (the white ones)? Do they hold up? I hope so.
thomasf is offline   Reply With Quote