R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-08-2003, 11:36 PM   #3241
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jscamry
Hey all I am looking for a list of bodies and their characteristics. I think that I have seen a list on this forum, but I can't seem to find it now. I plan to start to race and I just wanted to get an inside info on bodies and their handling.

I hope someone can help

THanks Jason
Go with the old stand by Protoform Stratus body. You can't go wrong there.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:56 PM   #3242
Tech Master

Default RD Logics NTC3 chassis

I just got the 6061 T6 NTC3 chassis when I purchased the die cast aluminum kit. Has anyone used this chassis? How close to the factory chassis is the T6 chasis? Thanks
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 05:13 AM   #3243
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to simonfdr

Very good chassis.
simonfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 06:22 AM   #3244
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

It's going good. Sorry to hear about the bad plug. What kind of fuel are you using again? I was thinking of trying some Byrons. I'm using Wildcat now but I've heard alot of good things about Byrons. Especially from Richey. I've used Blue Thunder, O'Donnell and now the Wildcat/Trinity Platinum race fuel. So far I've liked the Wildcat the best. That envelope is in the mailbox for you. Racing is starting to look very good. I am in the process of accuiring some land for an awesome outdoor offroad track. It is city land that had been used by BMX racers and is no longer being used so we can take it over now. Should be an exciting summer for us here. On road will start for me in about a month. It actually starts in a week and a half but I'm getting married in two weeks. So I'll be kinda busy for the next couple weeks after that. Take it easy and I'll talk to you soon.

Jon
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #3245
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Swen
It's going good. Sorry to hear about the bad plug. What kind of fuel are you using again? I was thinking of trying some Byrons. I'm using Wildcat now but I've heard alot of good things about Byrons. Especially from Richey. I've used Blue Thunder, O'Donnell and now the Wildcat/Trinity Platinum race fuel. So far I've liked the Wildcat the best. That envelope is in the mailbox for you. Racing is starting to look very good. I am in the process of accuiring some land for an awesome outdoor offroad track. It is city land that had been used by BMX racers and is no longer being used so we can take it over now. Should be an exciting summer for us here. On road will start for me in about a month. It actually starts in a week and a half but I'm getting married in two weeks. So I'll be kinda busy for the next couple weeks after that. Take it easy and I'll talk to you soon.

Jon

How much is the Wild cat? I've used Traxxas Top Fuel and some other fuel from my friend...
Old 04-09-2003, 09:43 AM   #3246
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

It's generally all around 25 a gallon give or take a couple bucks.

Jon
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 09:44 AM   #3247
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

so far i have found odonnel to be the best, however i have not run the trinity......i would like to try their plugs also....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 09:46 AM   #3248
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to NTC3Dvr

If you Get the Chance Try Sidewinder Fuel From Morgan Fuels I have Been Using this Fuel For 2 years And No Problems What So Ever and the Price Is right Less then 20.00 a gallon in Most Places. Morgan Fuel (sidewinder) I run It in All my engines MT12s /Ritchey RTU/OS engines
NTC3Dvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 10:57 AM   #3249
Tech Adept

Default pipes

Hi Guys,

what is the difference in performance between a dual chamber pipe and the stock pipe? WIll the stock pipe harm a 5 port engine?
mave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 02:29 PM   #3250
Tech Fanatic

Got my "non-turbo" RD Logics pipe today, looks good. I had a few minor things to do to get it right. I had to grind off a little welding slag on the outside of the inner part of the bend on the pipe itself, mostly just for a cleaner look. Also had to do a little clean-up inside the manifold itself where it attaches to the engine, the ring was not matched up with the tube causing a noticeable overlap. Some very fine Dremel work took care of that. Last but not least, the manifold itself is slightly longer (a bigger "U") than the factory manifold, causing the manifold to hit on the lip around the gas tanks fuel line. Hopefully this won't cause a problem. I know to many it may seem like I'm complaining, but I'm not, I really am satisfied with the pipe. I hope it works as well as it looks.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 02:44 PM   #3251
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Got my "non-turbo" RD Logics pipe today, looks good. I had a few minor things to do to get it right. I had to grind off a little welding slag on the outside of the inner part of the bend on the pipe itself, mostly just for a cleaner look. Also had to do a little clean-up inside the manifold itself where it attaches to the engine, the ring was not matched up with the tube causing a noticeable overlap. Some very fine Dremel work took care of that. Last but not least, the manifold itself is slightly longer (a bigger "U") than the factory manifold, causing the manifold to hit on the lip around the gas tanks fuel line. Hopefully this won't cause a problem. I know to many it may seem like I'm complaining, but I'm not, I really am satisfied with the pipe. I hope it works as well as it looks.
I love my pipe too. Its the turbo version though.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:57 PM   #3252
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to racecar850 Send a message via Yahoo to racecar850 Send a message via Skype™ to racecar850
Thumbs up RD PIPE

NTC3NUT.... its not complaining....its called enjoying your hobby
(making sure things fit right & look good). When you get five post a picture

DRIVING...An inconvenient way of getting from A to B
racecar850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:05 PM   #3253
Tech Adept

Yes i have Also been running sidewinder for a year now and i love that stuff. I use PRo blend 20% its great stuff i cant complain. Blue thunder CRap Shit dont like. Trinity Fuel Is Puke make your engine rust a lil quicker. O donnel i liked it was awesome fuel but i always went back to sidewinder Parking lot race at camrillo anyone going ? its the HObby shack race
Yokomo_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 12:11 AM   #3254
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry

Hey all here is a ratio chart for the NTC3. It was created by a moderator on Rcnitro.com

http://www.asistem.com/rc/images/ntc3_2speed.htm
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 12:52 AM   #3255
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

For those who are not able to get the RDL NTC3 1 piece NTC3 Pipe, Please try Elite Hobby Shop, I double checked with them Today, they still have 1 or 2 available.

FYI
rdlken is offline   Reply With Quote