Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Despite the short comings of the car(which they all seem to have), the ntc3 is still a great car. I almost picked up a mtx3 which is a good car too, but I am glad I didn't. I had the car out all day yesterday, using old tires, and the car still performed well. Part availablilty is just about everywhere too. I ran against a rtr yesterday and on the small track we were on, it wasn't bad at all. If you are going rtr its the way to go. I would suggest if you can afford the kit version, go for it. You will not be disappointed either way.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea i guess all cars have problems
Yes i cannot afford the kit im 14 years old with no job... i will be getting one soon though so i will be getting the rtr and then i will convert into a kit or even better thx again later all
Old 03-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Default Spur Gear

Does anyone know if there is a spur grear made of stronger material? If you do know where did you get them? The AE gears get chewed up so easily. Thanks
Old 03-24-2003, 02:28 PM

Fast Harry: I find you comments kinda insulting! You don't even know me! You may not have any troubles with the NTC3 at all! That's cool!
Theres quite a few people who does!
When I go out and play , I want to play! not work on it from the time I get there till I leave! Yea, we can't tune! HA! HA!

I Thought we were here to help?????

Last edited by bbntc3; 03-24-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

For the rtr whats a good ratio for streets like 50 feet distance whats a good pinion/spur and in nitro its only 32 pitch unlike electric? i am getting the ntc3 rtr

Cheers
Old 03-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ntc3 engine issue

Well, as wehave started about 8 to 10 drivers with ntc3, the ratio is now.... 3 left standing. in fact 2 of them are converting to mtx3 at the end of this month because of engine issue.

and BBNTC3 is right... there is an engine issue with this car.
i'm not new towards RC engines and so are my engine tuners whom tune both 1/10 cars and 1/8 lolas.

i just want to seek advise on how to solve it so that i can concentrade on car setup rather then find myself picking up the car every now and then on the track due to engine issue.

i'm the only person to bring a starter box to the main stand because i know the car will surely die half way .

i have tried nova, pico, and even the so called mighty sts rs3 but all of them had the same issue.

i hope we can help solve this issue and not give remarks on engine tuning..

cheers
Old 03-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

well have you guys Tryed the AE After market kooling head? if so should i get 1?and i dontk now what you guys are talking abuot engine problems cuz my engine runs at a smooth temp of 260-75 i cant get it any lower or i wont have good enough top
Old 03-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default side exhust

can anyone advise me if a nova normal pipe can fit into the side exhust manifold of the ntc3? or do i have to buy the AE pipe?
i would also like to know what is the most powerful side exhust around engine around? can the OS CVR15 fit the NTC3?

i'm giving NTC3 another shot with the side exhust.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: side exhust

Originally posted by fuse01
can anyone advise me if a nova normal pipe can fit into the side exhust manifold of the ntc3? or do i have to buy the AE pipe?
i would also like to know what is the most powerful side exhust around engine around? can the OS CVR15 fit the NTC3?

i'm giving NTC3 another shot with the side exhust.
Fuseie..
the Nova Side exhaust will be alot better than the OS CVR.
if u can get hold of the Last Gen of side exhaust.. get it...
Nova mega have one before they launch the Rear Exhaust.. the S12 side xhaust..
Old 03-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default engine issue

I am suprised to hear people are still having engine issues. Once I changed to the new tank, all is well there. And I am by no means an expert engine tuner either. Has anyone had any luck gettine the new gears yet? My lhs assked his distributor for the new ones, to check by hand, and you know what he got right. so i am still looking.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had huge tuning issues with my engine.
It was fine for around 2 meetings then the trouble started

It would run fine for half of the tank then lean out heaps as soon as it got to the top of the stone filter in the tank - There would be air in the fuel line.

My theory was it was sucking air in where the filter joined onto the end of the plastic tube inside the tank. That is why it only ran lean once the fuel got below the join.

I replaced my tank and all is better now. I am just wondering how many races before this tank fails in the same way.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

How do you tell if you have the new or old tank? Is there a different part number or even better can you post a picture of it and the old one?
Old 03-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Im using the SX .12 Side exhaust Its a Great Engine.The New Tanks has a PRessure noozle on top of the Lid
Old 03-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Yokomo_King
Im using the SX .12 Side exhaust Its a Great Engine.The New Tanks has a PRessure noozle on top of the Lid
I got a modded tank with the pressure on top is that goin to be allright, because im havin tuning problems aswell much the same thing as fuse01. and also the fuel goes from the carb back to the tank , it flames out as well. my engeni tunes perfect in my mugen.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:51 PM

Vibration , heat , tank mounting, and to much exhaust pressure from the bladder pipe is more the fuel delivery problem than the tank itself. The lid mod is really just to help keep the fuel in the tank not running out the stinger when off the throttle, when tank pressure is at a high. Thinks about it! AE has used this tank design for years without a problem till now.

Last edited by bbntc3; 03-24-2003 at 08:06 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.