R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-22-2002, 09:39 PM   #271
Tech Rookie

And Disaster999....as a moderator...there's no need to get nasty. We're discussing our different opinions. I'm not questioning anybody's intelligence...just explaing how I see it. You explain your theory, and I explain mine. We can agree to disagree.
Kevin P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 09:41 PM   #272
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin P.
And Disaster999....as a moderator...there's no need to get nasty. We're discussing our different opinions. I'm not questioning anybody's intelligence...just explaing how I see it. You explain your theory, and I explain mine. We can agree to disagree.
i dont see Disaster999 was being nasty here. he is a nice gentleman. But a moderator could be as nasty as a manticore.

Yes you are right, we are disagreeing with your theory !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 09:51 PM   #273
Tech Rookie

So what is your theory behind the tank being designed this way? Lazyness? CLiff Lett and Gil Losi Jr. went to the KevinP. school of physics? Why do you think the tank is designed this way...and has been for years? Give me a good reason. Besides "I don't know".
Old 02-22-2002, 09:54 PM   #274
Tech Champion

Quote:
So what is your theory behind the tank being designed this way? Lazyness? CLiff Lett and Gil Losi Jr. went to the KevinP. school of physics? Why do you think the tank is designed this way...and has been for years? Give me a good reason. Besides "I don't know".
not much attention to details.

lazy design.

low cost production.

tell me if you still dont understand......
Old 02-22-2002, 09:56 PM   #275
Tech Champion

that's the end of my lecture.

keep it or not, its your freedom !
Old 02-22-2002, 10:00 PM   #276
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Ok...if you think you're right..that's cool. But reread what I said. I said the fuel flow slows down if you have no tank pressure. I didn't say it would stop. You can run your car with no tank pressure at all, because like you say, the engine creates a vacuum, and the fuel will flow. You'll have to retune it to run correctly without any pressure, but it will run just fine. As for the fuel splashing out when you open the lid.....that happens on any nitro car, regardless of where the presure line is. Open the tank and rev up the engine. What happens? Fuel splashes out. Now how do you suppose that happens if the pressure line is on the cap? It's not the exhaust pressure blowing it out. Right? So what is it? If you guys think the small amount of pressure coming from the presure line is enough to blow fuel out of the tank...well....I obviously am not going to change your minds. But that's alright...a friendly debate is fun sometimes. Kinda makes you wonder how Associated can engineer such an awesome car as the NTC3, but "overlook" this tank issue.
my tank with the pressure nipple on top on the lid doesnt flash fuel around....non of the ppl who run nitro at our local track have that problem because the pressure nipple is ontop of the lid...how is fuel going to come out? because of the VIBRATION of the engine?? might be...but that cant cause the fuel to jump around and flash everywhere...who ever told you to rev up the stupid engine when you have your tank open for refueling?? no idiot in the world would do that!! it would only get oil goo and exhaust in your face!!

you think the engine creats a small amount of pressure?? then you must have something wrong with YOUR engine because these engine creats a lot of pressure...im beginning to wonder if you have a ntc3...or even....an AE car...if you have a chance..go have a look some ppls AE car and focus on their fueltank!...you WILL be surpriced!
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:00 PM   #277
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Really,

My question started all this???

What I wanted to know was:

Should I put a pressure fitting on the TUNED PIPE....

I used to run a Mugen with a Novarossi pipe and that had a pressure fitting on the PIPE.

The associated rear exaust pipe comes with no such fitting, the instructions state your just supposed to push the fuel tubing in the hole about 3/8ths of an inch...

Any thoughts?
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:05 PM   #278
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kansasracer
Really,

I used to run a Mugen with a Novarossi pipe and that had a pressure fitting on the PIPE.

The associated rear exaust pipe comes with no such fitting, the instructions state your just supposed to push the fuel tubing in the hole about 3/8ths of an inch...

Any thoughts?
thats another thing about AE cars...they just have a whole in their pipe as a pressure fitting and they expect you to just stuff the pressure line into the pipe...

tell me...are they lasy or what??
Old 02-22-2002, 10:08 PM   #279
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kansasracer
Really,

Any thoughts?
yes...you should put a pressure fitting on your pipe!!
Old 02-22-2002, 10:20 PM   #280
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Disaster,

I don't know if their lazy...that's what they chose to do with their design...

Do you hate AE for some reason, or am I misreading your sarcasm?
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:30 PM   #281

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I had the same problem on the RB 5port, but I thought it was too rich , correct me if wrong but a lean mixture will make the engine speed up instead of die down. When I pit mine would try and quit and it would take about 2 laps before it would run right again. It acts too rich not to lean, I drilled the exhaust outlet to 6mm and it cured my problem. By installing the pressure inlet in the tank lid all your doing is keeping the fuel from foaming, because its pressuring the tank from the top of tank or above the fuel instead of blowing pressure through the bottom of the fuel tank. Like some one stated earlier the tank should be a considered a washing machine. My NTC3 seemed to smoke or richen up more torwards the end of a run, which is backwards from the 2 stroke theory, which I thought it should always lean out alittle towards the end of the run. So I drilled the exhaust outlet out some and also added the serpent new fuel tank lid which helps keep the fuel under more regulated pressure and my prob. went away! A properly tuned engine will run with out a pressure line coming from the exhaust, have you ever seen a car run through a heat race without a pipe on it? I don't do it but I have seen it happen before! Hope this helps! BB
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:39 PM   #282

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Sorry diaster999 for not really answering your question! No it don't really matter, if you want a proffessional look add the fitting! I do it both ways there's really no performance difference. There might be a more regulated pressure using a fittting but you won't notice it!!!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:54 PM   #283
Tech Rookie

Disaster999,

So you think the tank design is that way because of laziness? Ok. That's an intelligent answer. Or are you too stubborn to admit there might be SOME advantage to having the tank that way? Sounds like you might have a slight bias against Associated/Losi designs. I got it...they designed it that way so the fuel will act like a dishwasher and soak the car when the tank is opened.....and the advantage to that is......???? And don't you think it would cost more to make a tank with the pressure to the bottom, than just put a nipple on the cap and be done with it? We're obviously not going to agree on this, but saying Associated and Losi are lazy is taking the easy way out.
Old 02-23-2002, 02:29 AM   #284
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to NEMMITH

YEAH EASY !
NEMMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 10:14 AM   #285
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
........................If the pressure is coming from the bottom of the tank, when you open the cap, what happens to the pressure? Nothing. .....................
Hahaha....thats the funniest thing I have read through out this entire forum all year. You open the cap and the pressure stays in the tank...... thats is totally wild..... I love it!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah.....

Pick me up from the floor someone!!!!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote