R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-14-2003, 06:12 AM   #2461
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to AJC13B

Hi guys,

Forgive me for not wanting to go through 83 pages of information. I read through the last 5 or so pages though and there are a bunch of pretty clued up guys in here!

I need a hobby after spending a bucket load of coin on myRX7 ! Next logical step is a step down in size! The NTC3 is for me!

So whats the gun setup to have?

Everyone is talking up the RD Logic components and they definetely look the goods, but it sounds like a few people have had fitment issues, maybe just a bad first batch? Are any of the AE hot up bits worth it?

Basically I don't want to have to worry about bits breaking within a few meets. I will build the NTC3 like I did my RX7, can it be made stronger/quicker? Then do it!

Help is appreciated.

Steve
AJC13B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:34 AM   #2462
Tech Adept

First of all, WELL said FastHarry!!! Both of my ntc3's are still stock parts except for the fix (home made) and mugen tanks.

Steve,
Dont waste the money on eye candy stuff. Keep it stock and beef up the front bumper system with rpm and maybe a stiffer bumper material. You will be the envy of your local track when you take first without spending the bucks.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:06 PM   #2463
Tech Regular

HI!I'm having a problem with my gear, the first gear on my engine (the smallest gear) away comes loose when my car run. I don't know what happen, hope you gus can help me fix this problem! Thanx!
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:16 PM   #2464
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Ducati998
HI!I'm having a problem with my gear, the first gear on my engine (the smallest gear) away comes loose when my car run. I don't know what happen, hope you gus can help me fix this problem! Thanx!
My only suggestion is to go back and look at step 6 on page 22 to make sure that the flange bearing is not broken. Part number 2320. If the whole assembly is coming loose, then I would suggest a small beed of thread lock on part number 3934. Good luck.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 10:23 PM   #2465
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by sook
My only suggestion is to go back and look at step 6 on page 22 to make sure that the flange bearing is not broken. Part number 2320. If the whole assembly is coming loose, then I would suggest a small beed of thread lock on part number 3934. Good luck.
Your right my flanges bearing is broken. I got one replaced already but before I even run it I broke it again, by overtigten it. I thought it won't matter, so I used. Now I have a new one coming in. Hopefully I won't break this one agiain, do you know or anyone else know what can I do to prevent it from breaking again? That bearing don't seem top be very strong. Well anyway thanx for the reply!
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 10:16 AM   #2466
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to deanspoors
Default gearing

my friend is going to use a 6-tooth split 20-26 --- 48-54 is this any good has anyone tried this before? what is the differance between the 4 and 6 tooth split

Thanks, Dean
deanspoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 10:47 AM   #2467
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: gearing

Quote:
Originally posted by deanspoors
my friend is going to use a 6-tooth split 20-26 --- 48-54 is this any good has anyone tried this before? what is the differance between the 4 and 6 tooth split

Thanks, Dean
I know I have been running 48-54, not sure but I think I was running 21-27. using a rb x-12. I used to run a 4 split.With my engine, I have good low end, but in the mid range I usually start pulling away from most. I run on a large track used by 235mms and 1/8 too. with this gearing, I am competitive with the 235(impacts). Hope this helps a little.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:03 AM   #2468
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

deansport there is no perfect gearing combination.
you need to check for shift points and find out
if you are running out of gears. for ex. i use to run 54-48
with 21-27 but found that i was runnning out of gear in
the infield with out having it shift in the infield so i bump the
first gear pinion to 22 and found additional 3/10 of a second
per lap at my local track the reason people go to a big split
is so they could accelarate hard and still have the top end
at certain tracks.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:28 PM   #2469
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Baker wins 200mm class
Barry Baker has driven his TC3 to victory in the very first 1/10 200mm final ever at the Winter Nationals. But it was Burch with his Serpent 705 who took command early in the final, but fuel problems spoiled his chances to turn his early lead into victory, and finished 3rd behind Kenji Osaka with Mugen.

Results of 1/10 235mm 4-WD class not available. Poll-sitter Don Jones retired with a broken receiver.

Full report on the 2003 Winter Nationals to follow.

SO SAD......... ....I guess every jumped off the "POS" tc3 bandwagon to soon......
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:54 PM   #2470
Tech Addict

SO SAD......... ....I guess every jumped off the "POS" tc3 bandwagon to soon...... [/B][/QUOTE]

We always knew the car was fast. Seems there are always people out there who have to look for the next newest thing and claim it is better.

Harry, earlier you had said you were going to race with boards this coming season. Can I ask where? I am looking for some tracks to run at. I hear Englishtown has closed.

Thanksl
Old 02-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #2471
Tech Addict

Default rd logic parts

Well I have to say, I am impressed with their service. They delivered to the east coast free 2 day mail, and a Sat del too. The diff cases appear very nice. I had alot of things to do today, so I really didn't put them on the chassis yet. I did put a diff in, and tighten a few screws in, and they appear solid. They were just a little heavier than I thought they would be. I cannot wait to give them a go. Chassis looks nice too. Free air filters came with the order. I cannot wait till they finish with the ntc3 pipe. Frannie hurry up and do your thing. (lol) We are expecting another snow storm here in the east but I will let you know when all is installed.
Tks rd logics
Old 02-15-2003, 09:37 PM   #2472
Tech Elite

I thought some hobby shop in NY was going to have the racing..I don't know what the plans will turn out to be..

We race in nanuet NY on tues nites....we use fire hose,it's a big parking lot in a local business....(125 x100,maybe larger)....its good surface...and the racing is intense.....we all run serpents and tc3's...we don't run heats and mains,but its still a blast..and fast racing....

we're gonna start using the lap system this year,maybe every 2 weeks....

if you'd like,you can come out....BTW,its closed to the general public...but since I'm a charter member,you get an invite...

we start around 7,end sometimes at 2 in the morning....we are probably going to get that new "road rail" system also...there are lights and a stand too
Old 02-15-2003, 10:05 PM   #2473
Tech Elite

this is Serpents's Mike Meyers report off Starting Grid mag...

In the 200mm class Barry Baker built up a three to four lap lead, but
with nobody pressuring him, and Barry on cruise mode, he made a mistake
and the steering and throttle linkage came off his NTC3. This was
quickly fixed in the pits, but Barry lost his lead to Ralph and Kenji.
Barry took off trying to make up lost ground. Ralph meanwhile had
tuning problems, costing him the lead. As the race neared the end, it
was Barry fighting Kenji. Barry seemed to have more power, and as the
two cars entered the 180 in front of timing and scoring, Kenji bumped
the board and rolled over, as Barry stayed clean and took a commanding
lead for the few remaining minutes.

uh..notice a 3-4 lap lead.....

so much for "dominant qualifying".....(by the mugen )
Old 02-15-2003, 10:09 PM   #2474
Tech Addict

Thanks for the invite Harry. not quite sure where nanuet is, but if its not too far from Staten Island I would like to come down. I usually race at Floyd Bennet in Bklyn on sundays. I get there early, like 9:30 and mostly 1/10 are out As the day goes on, the 1/8's come out and I am getting tired of getting hit by the bigger cars. So I just got myself an mrx3 to play with them and go to edison this year.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:09 PM   #2475
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Craig

"seems to have more power"=drivetrain absorbs less power.
Good job Barry..
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote