R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2003, 11:45 PM   #2356
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cali.
Posts: 189
Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.
Default

Hey Francis check your PM.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 01:04 AM   #2357
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig
I can assemble the diffs without touching the grease.So yes its not messy
Craig, don't take it at heart. I was just messing with you

But seriously, you don't lube the diffs with the stealth lube?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 01:59 AM   #2358
Tech Fanatic
 
finchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 822
Default foam tyres

hey fuzzclub

here in australia at the club were I run my tc3 at pro level, we are only allowed to run foam tyres and we us 30 mm rears and 26 mm fronts. The 30mm rears see to stop the car from traction rolling, not the the car has that much traction roll. But the 30 mm rears fit fine and there is modifying needed. Hope this helps your quest to domination.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 03:24 AM   #2359
Tech Regular
 
Brett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Shellharbour NSW Australia
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Craig, don't take it at heart. I was just messing with you

But seriously, you don't lube the diffs with the stealth lube?
whats wrong with stealth diff lube ?????
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 04:00 AM   #2360
Tech Addict
 
thefuzzclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 704
Default Re: foam tyres

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
hey fuzzclub

here in australia at the club were I run my tc3 at pro level, we are only allowed to run foam tyres and we us 30 mm rears and 26 mm fronts. The 30mm rears see to stop the car from traction rolling, not the the car has that much traction roll. But the 30 mm rears fit fine and there is modifying needed. Hope this helps your quest to domination.
Thanks finchy, but what modifications will i do on the rear tires? shave it so as to fit?
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 04:03 AM   #2361
Tech Regular
 
Brett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Shellharbour NSW Australia
Posts: 348
Default

30mm rears fit fine

Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:03 AM   #2362
Tech Fanatic
 
NTC3NUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 988
Default

Brett, The screws on the shock towers are "The Fix" screws that you can pick up on Ebay. The uppers are machined 1-piece aluminum, with an exact fit. The 1-1/4"or 1-1/2" steel screws come all the way up thru the transmission case from the bottom of the car. Its a very solid set-up not requiring tubes of any type. I bought the set (front & rear) for $25 shipped. A few of the other racers here have made a similar set-up themselves for less, I just liked how this was done. Very simple and clean. The only issue I have with the car now is the rear toe-links. I have purchased captured ball ends, and longer Lunsford Punisher turnbuckles. I think this will prevent compression, and the popping off of the rod-ends. I will wait for AE, or another source, to come out with the delrin gears, then I'll go back to the new Yokomo one-way. Other than that I am ready to go.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:14 AM   #2363
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
we dont have a tyer class here

we can run what we want aslong as its no bigger than 32mm wide

i run the rubber on our small tight concrete tracks and the foam on our bigger asphalt tracks

and at both tracks the ntc3 with a cx12ps has beaten all the pro class running mtx3's with jps3's, v1rr's with s3's and so on

mind u wining on both foam and rubber

what that tell ya


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





THAT IS GREAT..........Sounds like the guys in Brisbane ought to be giving you a call..thanks again for the response.....






Last edited by fastharry™; 02-07-2003 at 06:17 AM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 01:51 PM   #2364
Tech Elite
 
Boomer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Southern Cal - Claremont
Posts: 3,346
Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer
Default Re: Re: foam tyres

Quote:
Originally posted by thefuzzclub
Thanks finchy, but what modifications will i do on the rear tires? shave it so as to fit?
You don't need to shave them to fit. They should fit just fine "as-is"
__________________
-
RC10L2.5W - RC12.4 - RCNTC3(bmi) - TC4 (modded) - B44.2 - plus rent-a-rides! :D
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 01:55 PM   #2365
Tech Adept
 
Aeon Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 163
Send a message via AIM to Aeon Racer
Default

Just got my RD logics stuff today. I'm fairly impressed, the finish is just beautiful and it looks awesome on the car. The braces were a tight fit, but everything else went together flawlessly. The company is awesome; I e-mailed them asking questions and they replied quickly to all my questoins, they shipped the stuff the same day I ordered it (I ordered around 3pm) and the stuff got to my house in two days. WOW is all I can say.

Here are a few pics of the parts on the car:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rdlogics1.jpg (94.5 KB, 149 views)
Aeon Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 01:56 PM   #2366
Tech Adept
 
Aeon Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 163
Send a message via AIM to Aeon Racer
Default

Pic 2:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rdlogics2.jpg (89.7 KB, 150 views)
Aeon Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 01:57 PM   #2367
Tech Adept
 
Aeon Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 163
Send a message via AIM to Aeon Racer
Default

Now all I need is a nice blue dual chambered pipe and blue manifold, and my masterpiece will be complete.

Anyhoo, pic 3:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rdlogics3.jpg (95.4 KB, 139 views)
Aeon Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:19 PM   #2368
Tech Master
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Brett, The screws on the shock towers are "The Fix" screws that you can pick up on Ebay. The uppers are machined 1-piece aluminum, with an exact fit. The 1-1/4"or 1-1/2" steel screws come all the way up thru the transmission case from the bottom of the car. Its a very solid set-up not requiring tubes of any type. I bought the set (front & rear) for $25 shipped. A few of the other racers here have made a similar set-up themselves for less, I just liked how this was done. Very simple and clean. The only issue I have with the car now is the rear toe-links. I have purchased captured ball ends, and longer Lunsford Punisher turnbuckles. I think this will prevent compression, and the popping off of the rod-ends. I will wait for AE, or another source, to come out with the delrin gears, then I'll go back to the new Yokomo one-way. Other than that I am ready to go.
Keep us posted on your rear toe mod. Can you give me a list on what you used(part number size, brand etc.)?

Thanks
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:42 PM   #2369
Tech Addict
 
thefuzzclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 704
Default Re: Re: Re: foam tyres

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
You don't need to shave them to fit. They should fit just fine "as-is"
Boomer, thank you sir.
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:43 PM   #2370
Tech Addict
 
thefuzzclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 704
Default

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brett
[B]30mm rears fit fine
Brett, thanks for the reply.
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net