R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-27-2003, 08:11 AM   #2176
Tech Adept

aftalavera, you will not need different gearing to mellow out the torque of the engine. I have seen other turbo engines with stock gearing and it is fine. Have fun!
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 09:31 AM   #2177
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Buy a dual chamber AE pipe, and modify the manifold. Cut 1/2" off and port the inside where it attaches to the engine (photo attached). Dynamite makes a manifold that allows you to use any standard .12 pipe, but by design it's too long to provide a proper power band. If your looking for a chassis the GH chassis is awesome, the RD Logistics is a machined Associated chassis. The Hardcores nice, but too much cash. I imagine the K Factory would be ok, JT Racing also makes a nice machined one, similar to the GH. GPM has one also but I'm not too keen on their stuff. Hope this helps.
Thanks for all the good information bro...

Stupid question ......What does GH stand for and where can i purchase this chassis..
Never Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 02:39 PM   #2178
Tech Fanatic

Golden Horizons:

www.ghhobby.com

I bought mine off EBay, there are several online shops that carry them, here's one:

www.neweramodels.com
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:37 PM   #2179
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
That's the kicker, the parts pricing. My LHS (none of them in Toledo for that matter) stock Mugen parts to begin with. The NTC3 parts are inexpensive compared to almost anyone. As far as being fragile, once you take care of the shock towers and the toe links what else is there? The only other thing I can think of after a seasons worth of running is the ring & pinion gears, when running a one-way. That's it. Now lets talk maintenance, don't even get me started....

are you saying taht ina bad or good way?.....I think the tc3 is the easiest cars I own to work on..everything pulls "up"....no spliting bulkheads to get anything apart,or out.....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:46 PM   #2180
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default k factory tank

I ran my car yesterday with the short line off the exhaust pressure, and it ran fine. Good consistant runs till the tank was bone dry. If you can afford it its a good choice.

I agree, Fast Harry, I've bought all kinds of spare parts, and never needed them. I do work on my car eaach week, cleaning and going over the car to make sure its ready to race the next race. I can only think that the these complainers are not giving them the necessary routine service a real racecar needs. You can't expect to let a car sit around and perform, like it should.

I'm keeping my NTC3...and winning with it.

The GH chassis is the best deal for the money.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:05 PM   #2181
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

well,maybe he is right......after all how good can the car be,winning all the races it is..and notice NO ONE ever says its slower than their former car.,always faster...which I really believe is alot of everyones problems......when the NO SLIPPAGE shaft drive car wacks a board,and you stay on teh gas,it will tear stuff up.....and the car accelerates so fast,your always hitting things at a higher rate of speed...

but then again,what do I know?.....I started racing buggy this year(losi xxx Kinwald),and untill I got teh hang of jumping,I was sure it was the substandard quaility of ANOTHER world champion product that was allowing the arms to break every time I hit the metal pole right by our jump
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:39 PM   #2182

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I like all you guys blowing all this smoke about the NTC3. I too am a die hard Ae fan and I have probably spent more money on things to improve the car than anyone. Its a good car no doubt but its not as good of a car as you guys blow it up to be. Yes its fast and yes it won the Worlds, but the only reason it won the Worlds was do to the fact somebody made gears that would last for the Factory boys only!. The cars is fast on med. tracks but its not the fastest or most consistant car out there. The car won't last a 1hr. main with out delrin gears, the engine has to operated at 300+ degrees to make HP with that pissy exhaust. And then at the high temp the fuel vapor lock problems starts to appear. And yes the fuel issues the car has. But we won't go there since only a few of us guys has those troubles. Then we get into the fragile deal, I have'nt broke very many parts at all last season with the car but for you guys to come here and say its not fragile, ands its all driver error, I dunno about ya! you live in some other dream world!. Admit it! AE could do better!
But as FastHarry says, What do I know!

Last edited by bbntc3; 01-27-2003 at 10:41 PM.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:36 PM   #2183
Tech Fanatic

first fasthary I not a rookie second I made statments third you dont own this thread. my statement was I like the car but mugen and serpant parts hold up beter fact 6ntc3 at cinci I was there one finished billy Easton so If the pro drivers cars dont hold up I said the car is fast and every body doesent know all the tricks about shocktowers and other things that is why I came to this thread to get tips and help not bad attude we are all just racers. and if you can get all thoes parts for $35 give me your pay pall # I will buy from you. the car has lots of positive things but it has some neg I just wanted to here what other people had to say
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:46 PM   #2184
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by ilaybrk
first fasthary I not a rookie second I made statments third you dont own this thread. my statement was I like the car but mugen and serpant parts hold up beter fact 6ntc3 at cinci I was there one finished billy Easton so If the pro drivers cars dont hold up I said the car is fast and every body doesent know all the tricks about shocktowers and other things that is why I came to this thread to get tips and help not bad attude we are all just racers. and if you can get all thoes parts for $35 give me your pay pall # I will buy from you. the car has lots of positive things but it has some neg I just wanted to here what other people had to say
In truth, ilaybrk, I would love to converse with you but I just can't understand what you're saying.

Although comparing the way the pros run to the way we run, well, I saw a LOT of stupid things done by Barry and Tosselini at the Norrca Nats including Toss throwing his GT4 about 15 feet into a fence. . .I don't know a lot of people who do that. My general opinion of the high-end pros is that they drive at the VERY edge because they can afford to. That's my opinion of why Barry breaks so often even when he's leading. . .he just keeps pushing and pushing because he can afford to.

I really don't think you wanted to hear what other people had to say - your recent posts have been accusatory and confrontational. You're obviously not interested in AE but rather in proving AE inferior to Mugen and Serpent - completely your right.

But don't go to Oakland and start bashing the Raiders. . .it just ain't healthy, friend! especially right now. . .
Old 01-28-2003, 12:11 AM   #2185
Tech Fanatic

again I not trying to start a battle I said I race A ntc3 a tc3 a12l3 at3 agt and a mp7.5 other than my mp7.5 that is a lot of asc cars I just said a ntc3 car seemed to me did not hold up as well as some other cars weather it is a 13 year old newbee or if it is barry driving it and again I said I went a lap faster on almost every track I have been to.But I have also striped more diff gears and other broken parts were I had to bow out of a race. just rember we all drove other nitro 12 cars till asc came out with there car. so all you guys dont have to beet me up on this thread I am ntc3 racer so pick on the guys still driving thoes belt cars
Old 01-28-2003, 12:13 AM   #2186
Tech Fanatic

hey boomer pm me with your # I will call you and rap about rc racing any day I not a bad guy I just like to win races
Old 01-28-2003, 12:56 AM   #2187
Tech Fanatic

Hey bbntc3,

You're absolutly right AE could do a lot better, there online service in my opion is shit. I run a Ntc3 at my club in Australia and it's a fast car but it has taken me 3-4 months to get a decent and competetive setup for the car. Recently I asked the AE NTC3 forum about the pressure nipple the factory drivers put in their exhaust pipes, what advantage this causes, and the answer from AE was "because they wanted that fitting there". I say that's crap, Factory drivers don't do stuff like that for looks. The car has faults that's fine why don't AE admit it. The other subject about breaking shock towers, diff gears, etc. I've have personally had no problems with breakages besides fuel tanks ( 4 infact) all which split along the seam, once again after emailing AE all they could say was stop hitting the boards. Now this is not the first nitro touring car I've owned or raced , AE might have the the current world title, but I can bet the cars the Factory Drivers have is not the same as what you get of the hobby store shelf.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:05 AM   #2188
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.

Your right about the factory drivers having stuff anyone else can get. There tranny gears are made from different matterial, you can't get it and if you call AE they tell you that they don't have the gears in diff. matterial.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:26 AM   #2189
Tech Prophet

If I'm not mistaken, GPM already has Delrin spurs for the NTC3.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:36 AM   #2190
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Bryan N.

Im not talking about the spurs, but the sun and spider( I think) gears. They're the ones' inside the front and rear tranny.
Bryan N. is offline   Reply With Quote