Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-22-2003, 05:07 PM   #2116
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer
Default Re: ofna sh!te

Quote:
Originally posted by deanspoors
well i just don't believe this! i was looking through the new posts as you do when i came to the ofna ld3 post took a look and someone had just put a pic on of what the car looks like 1st pics its looks totally like a ntc3 rip-off same layout nd everything what the fcuk are they playing at????? go take a look!
The Ofna is quite literally an NTC3 with upgraded shock towers/diff cases and gear diffs.

Even the visible holes on the diff cases are the same as on the NTC3. . .

I do wonder about the geometry though. . .there is a difference at the rear. AE uses the same carriers as at the front and then a link to a rear stud to change toe (we all know this, duh) but this one uses a traditional 2 bottom pivot ball setup. . .

Anyway, it's a complete NTC3 ripoff.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #2117
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default Rear pivot system

Yes it has alot of the same ideas but Boomer what do you think of the rear pivot system... would it work better than what is on the NTC3? I love the way my NTC3 drives and actually haven't had any of the problems with the rear toe that people have talked about but I almost think this way would be more durable.

Jon
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 07:27 PM   #2118
Tech Fanatic

i like the rear end as well.. no more toe in linkage issue

i wonder whats inside the gear box... oil sealed metal gear diff?
fuse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 07:28 PM   #2119
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by fuse01
i like the rear end as well.. no more toe in linkage issue

i wonder whats inside the gear box... oil sealed metal gear diff?
I believe that it is a sealed gear dif.
thebutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 08:02 PM   #2120
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Craig

I would almost buy it,if it didnt say Ofna on it.....but it looks good
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:27 PM   #2121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO
Default K Factory fuel tank

Anyone have any problems with them? My car ran alot leaner with the new tank on and I noticed bubbles(tiny ones bunched together like foam) in the fuel tubing going into the carb. On the backstraight, the car started to bog and almost stall once it hit peak rpm. I put the stocker back on, made a few needle adjustments(had to make changes while using the new tank) and after the second tank, the engine went back to normal. I'm going to give it one more try and see if the K Factory tank is causing all this.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:53 PM   #2122
Tech Prophet

Default Re: K Factory fuel tank

Quote:
Originally posted by BOLISARIO
Anyone have any problems with them? My car ran alot leaner with the new tank on and I noticed bubbles(tiny ones bunched together like foam) in the fuel tubing going into the carb. On the backstraight, the car started to bog and almost stall once it hit peak rpm. I put the stocker back on, made a few needle adjustments(had to make changes while using the new tank) and after the second tank, the engine went back to normal. I'm going to give it one more try and see if the K Factory tank is causing all this.
When the engine bogs when it reaches peak rpm means that the high speed needle is lean.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 11:33 PM   #2123
Tech Master

I will agree with InitialD....I've had no problems with mine.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 12:11 AM   #2124
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Swen
Yes it has alot of the same ideas but Boomer what do you think of the rear pivot system... would it work better than what is on the NTC3? I love the way my NTC3 drives and actually haven't had any of the problems with the rear toe that people have talked about but I almost think this way would be more durable.

Jon
I don't like the traditional rear that the Ofna is using. If you change the camber (by tightening or loosening the front pivot ball) it doesn't just change the toe. You're actually moving the center point of the rear IN, thus also affecting the CAMBER. In order to change the toe, you have to tighten/loosen the front and loosen/tighten the rear pivot balls an equal amount else you change the camber and, slightly, the track.

I tested this on my Hudy (at the time. . .) to see exactly how it worked. I used my old GT-4 which had very close to the same system (the GT-4 has a top pivot ball as well).

I like the system that the NTC-3 uses - it's cheaper (two fewer parts to purchase. . .) and simpler (top pivot ball moves the top, bottom pivot ball moves the bottom and the tie rod changes toe. . .). It does require some reinforcement, but since I've changed the tie rods to Lunsfords and changed the ball caps I've had no significant problems with them.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:39 AM   #2125
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: K Factory fuel tank

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
When the engine bogs when it reaches peak rpm means that the high speed needle is lean.
Yeah, I'm well aware of the high speed needle being lean when experiencing those symptoms. That's not what I'm asking about. Just wondering if the new tank is causing big changes to be made to the needle settings.

Anyways, the stock tank works well for me. But since I got this K Factory tank(more $$ than a usual tank), I want to make sure there's no tank issues. I want to use it if possible.

Did you guys mess with the adjustment for the pressure chamber(the inside part of the lid)?

Hmmmmm, maybe it was the cold, chilly weather we had today.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:01 AM   #2126
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: K Factory fuel tank

Quote:
Originally posted by BOLISARIO
Yeah, I'm well aware of the high speed needle being lean when experiencing those symptoms. That's not what I'm asking about. Just wondering if the new tank is causing big changes to be made to the needle settings.
Well, I would expect that you would have to make changes to the carb settings when you change to a different tank design, just like when you have to change the carb settings when you use a longer pressure tubing or when another different new pipe is installed. All these things vary the back pressure that the engine will experience and the pressure of the fuel going into the carb.

In all things, the K-factory tank may cause a lean situation because it equalises pressure better. Just like using a longer pressure tubing.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:01 AM   #2127
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Boomer...what lunsfords did you change to?....also,what caps,and did you modify in any way....thanks
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #2128
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: K Factory fuel tank

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
In all things, the K-factory tank may cause a lean situation because it equalises pressure better. Just like using a longer pressure tubing.
Since adding the new tank, did you make any changes to the length of the pressure tubing compared to the stock tank? And the little bubbling in the tubing leading to the carb, will that cause a leaner setting?

Anyways, K factory has more new stuff for the NTC3. Like a new one-way and front anti-roll bar.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:51 AM   #2129

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Does the K-Tank mount any dfferent than the stock tank? Does it have anything besides o'rings under the tank? If not it will always have tiny air bubbles in the fuel line. You guys know this will cause a high speed leaning issue, no matter how long or short you make the pressure line. The vibration issue has to be addressed before you add the pretty, over priced fuel tank.
Adapted the Mugen or Impulse tank into the car for 1/3rd the price and be done with it.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:22 PM   #2130
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
The vibration issue has to be addressed before you add the pretty, over priced fuel tank.
Adapted the Mugen or Impulse tank into the car for 1/3rd the price and be done with it.
Well said......its really not a secret. Nor the shock tower fix for 2.50 instead of 25.00. But if people want to spend more than they have to, I say let them. Too bad it cant be thrown my way.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote