R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-19-2003, 12:43 AM   #2101
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hi Twist, I've heard of the Peach Bowl, think it closed, I started racing in the mid 90's after flying planes for 15 years.

I race at the Sugarbowl,www.sugarbowlrc.com awesome playground asphalt track! I got my STS from a guy here that orders lots of stuff from CRC, and get them cheap. I can prolly get one for you.....email me if interested.

There's another on road track that's going to be built north of Atlanta early this year, but its going to be a little smaller than the 'Bowl's....

I got the STS 3 port turbo when it first came out this past summer, it's run great right out of the box. I did a std. break-in, like any other engine. Now it ripps anything else on track. I had it come in after a few laps once, and the temp. was 450 degrees, after readjusting, it ran the rest of the day. I ordered a cylinder and piston, just in case. But the next weekend it ran fine and haven't put the Piston, sleeve , AND con rod that came in the next week. Piston & sleeve(and con rod) cost me $34.00.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 01:18 AM   #2102
Nitro Tech

450F

Are you cooking your engine??
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 02:35 AM   #2103
Tech Regular

i like my engines to be quite rare

unlike theRED5's well done STS 3 port turbo
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 05:47 AM   #2104
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5

I race at the Sugarbowl,www.sugarbowlrc.com awesome playground asphalt track! I got my STS from a guy here that orders lots of stuff from CRC, and get them cheap. I can prolly get one for you.....email me if interested.

I got the STS 3 port turbo when it first came out this past summer, it's run great right out of the box. I did a std. break-in, like any other engine. Now it ripps anything else on track. I had it come in after a few laps once, and the temp. was 450 degrees, after readjusting, it ran the rest of the day. I ordered a cylinder and piston, just in case. But the next weekend it ran fine and haven't put the Piston, sleeve , AND con rod that came in the next week. Piston & sleeve(and con rod) cost me $34.00.
I'll ck the STS motors out then, thanks

Bummer about the Peach Bowl, really nice track. I remember the Sugar Bowl. Seems times have changed for it as well. Best I remember it was a HUGE dirl oval. Never raced there but went by there a couple of times. Also, there used to be an indoor off-road track in Cummings that was ok.
Thanks for the input, Rick
Twist 2 Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 11:07 PM   #2105
Tech Addict

Default .12 engine

I have the rtr ntc3 and I'm my way to my 4th tank already, what pull start .12 engine can you recommend that is long lasting and would give top speed and power. I'm not racing but I'm the speed freak thrill seeker who bash on parking lots. No budget for a strater box yet that's why I'm looking for a pull start engine.
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 01:20 AM   #2106
Tech Master

It wasn't run that hot on purpose!! The air had changed or something! I was just trying to point out the STS's durability....after a long cooloff, it run great...Still.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:21 PM   #2107
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys, I posted a deal on a MT-12 with a few FT options on the "For Sale" forum. I'm going to run my JP next season so I won't be needing it. Thanks.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:30 AM   #2108
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to deanspoors
Default K-Factory Tank

just to let you guys know the k-fctory tank is cool and well worth the money! if you are using the old stock tank (one with dodgy inlet) you are really losing out! i have seen a big differance in run time with this tank and well it just looks cool! get one! oh heres a crappy lil pic of my car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jan21181.jpg (28.5 KB, 207 views)
deanspoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 03:02 PM   #2109
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Aeon Racer

Where can I find that tank online? Thanks.
Aeon Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 03:08 PM   #2110
Tech Adept

check out www.speedtechrc.com
Yokomo_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 04:24 PM   #2111
Tech Initiate

With the K-Factory fuel tank or even the new Associated tank, do you still have to coil the fuel line up several times or can you run a straight hose from the pipe to the tank?
Twist 2 Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 04:40 PM   #2112
Tech Master

That's just what I want to know...I ran the car with the new tank, but with the extra fuel line, too. I hope to get to run the car this weekend without all the extra fuel line on the pressure side.

Has anyone seen the Dynamite rear exhaust? I just received the header part no. DYN 6624 (got it from Horizon)...it'll go with a standard TC muffler, so you may do away with the stock Assoc exhaust... I'll try that this weekend too, weather permitting.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Old 01-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #2113
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Twist 2 Go
With the K-Factory fuel tank or even the new Associated tank, do you still have to coil the fuel line up several times or can you run a straight hose from the pipe to the tank?
You don't coil the tube because of the tank. You coil the tube because it provides:
  • more volume to even out exhaust pulses
  • more length to prevent fuel draining out if you are on your lid
It's a good idea to always have 8" or so coiled up. . .
Old 01-22-2003, 08:57 AM   #2114
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to deanspoors
Default ofna sh!te

well i just don't believe this! i was looking through the new posts as you do when i came to the ofna ld3 post took a look and someone had just put a pic on of what the car looks like 1st pics its looks totally like a ntc3 rip-off same layout nd everything what the fcuk are they playing at????? go take a look!

also i read a post that you can buy a manifold that doesnt restrict you to the exhaust you use does anyone have any pics of this manifold? can i buy it in the UK?

Thanx, Dean
deanspoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:11 AM   #2115

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Heres the mani pic. http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...p?prod=DYN6624
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote