R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-16-2003, 11:48 PM   #2086
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
Fuzz, it does sound like you're tweaked. Have you checked your tweak? TO A POINT, you can fix this problem just by adjusting the preload on your shocks.

The shaft shouldn't have anything to do with pulling one way or the other.

BUT, I did the same thing and my LOWER case was also broken, but just not as obviously as the upper. When I would hit the throttle it would give just a touch which would change the entire angle of the front end, making me pull to one side. . .sounds like that may be a problem too.

To check it, twist on your shock tower and see if you have any play. . .if you do, check all three pieces (upper, lower and shock tower) to see if you have any breaks.

G'Luck to ya!
Thank you for taking time to help me, for your info, I crashed my car just recently before I rebuild the drive shaft. It was a very
bad crash (about 45mph head on) that my chassis was bent, some what twisted, that's why I will replace it soon. After the crashed I disassembled all parts and left the chassis, I tried hammering to make it flat again but the bended areas are still there. Maybe this is where I get the strange turning of my car to the right when I pull the throttle. When I release it, the car veers to the left. It can't go straight. What do you think?
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 12:18 AM   #2087
Tech Master

get a new chassis then your problem is solve.. However, if you try using a tweak board on it, probably it will help you out a bit..
manokgt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 01:37 AM   #2088
Tech Fanatic

definatly get a new chassis, I've have had a few high speed accidents with the first chassis I had and trying to take the tweak out of it is pointless. Here down under the Ntc3 is not that greatly supported ( it's all Mugen and Kyosho), pitty they don't know a world class chassis when they see it. They follow the rest of the crowd like sheep ( stupid them). Any way get a new chassis if you can afford it. Let me tell you there is nothing like crashing your car at 90+ KPH ( that's novarossi S3 powered 1.5 hp), please take the advise of me and others get that new chassis and go and kick ass.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 01:44 AM   #2089
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Fuzzclub: send me an email, and if you'll pay shipping, I've got a chassis plate you can have. It's straight, I just have 2 cars, one with a GH chassis plate.

[email protected]

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 01:57 AM   #2090
Tech Addict

TO: manokgt4 and finchy,
Thanks for the advised. I ordered the ae factory team chassis from my lhs. Is that durable? Do you have any other suggestions? I can still change my order if ever.

TO: theRED5,
I wish we're neighbors, many thanks for your generousity but I live far from your country and I might be paying more on the shipment vs a new chassis.
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 02:10 AM   #2091
Tech Fanatic

the fuzz club

It doesn't matter how far you away all us Ntc3 drivers have to stick together, just remember belts are for holding your pants up and shafts are for fucking the competion up
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 08:59 AM   #2092
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pipe

Has anyone tried the outlaw racing pipe from Ace Racing? I am running an rb x-12. Can anyone give the advantages or disadvantages with this pipe. My stock pipe is history. I may be also upgrading my engine, I will stay with the rbs.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:02 PM   #2093
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, from the following list that was posted on here earlier, are these prices decent? Which one would you choose and why?

1.) Colari XS-12 n/a
2.) Rossi Pixy Black Available and $249.99
3.) Mugen MR-12 n/a
4.) Mugen MT-12 Available and $149.99
5.) Os TR Available and $169.99
6) Sirrio roar-legal version $249.99
7) OS TR-12 Turbo $199.00

Last edited by Twist 2 Go; 01-17-2003 at 05:05 PM.
Twist 2 Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:24 PM   #2094
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Forget the Rossi Pixi, Collari, and the OS's don't have enough power....and if your in the US, you REALLY should consider the STS, I've been running one (a 3 port turbo) since June and its a powerhouse! especially at $125.00.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:26 PM   #2095
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to ChrisO Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisO

haha too true finchy good to see more aussies with ntc3's!!

Twist 2 Go
you forgot to put the RBx12 and novarossi rs12s3 on that list
ChrisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:54 PM   #2096
Tech Fanatic

I have been runing the pixy black for half the summer it kicks ass not down on power I reg beet richey ostr5port and any other moter that comes along
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:58 PM   #2097
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

3.) Mugen MR-12 n/a
[/B][/QUOTE]

Seen the MR-12 for 169.

I run an rb-x12 and have nothing but good thing to say about it. After break in, it was a little tough to tune. But that was before the tank mod and I was really new at nitro. Once the engine was tuned in, it was a pleasure. Pretty comparable to the mt12 which is the most popular where I run. X-12 has explosive bottom, but when it hits second it really moves. Never ran against pixie. I am not a good tuner, but went up against a seasoned Colari driver. It was pretty close, I was slightly faster top end but he always had to tinker with the engine. O.S. 12tr Slower than the others mentioned all round. I run against this one the most as he gets to the track early like me, and its like a match race. Most times he will put the ntc away and takes out his Impact. Really close to that car. not sure which .15 he is running. I put 4-5 gallons through it, still runs strong. Will rebuild for this year
Hope this helps
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:28 PM   #2098
Tech Initiate

Hey Red, tell me more about this-

Forget the Rossi Pixi, Collari, and the OS's don't have enough power....and if your in the US, you REALLY should consider the STS, I've been running one (a 3 port turbo) since June and its a powerhouse! especially at $125.00.

Also, I saw you're from Atlanta. Are the Peach Bowl hobby shop and tracks still around? We used to come down from TN and race both off-road and oval there. AWESOME facility. (This was in the early 90's)
Twist 2 Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 12:14 PM   #2099
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to deanspoors
Default one way trouble

been carpark racing today when my 1st speed spur gear mangled had a look just seemed as though the engine moved so i replaced it with a spare got home and noticed the one way was jammed ie no-way bearing has this happened to anyone? the REAL problem is the one way is now jammed to the shaft and i cant take anything else of ..... ive tryed cleaning it but to no prevail what can i do? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
deanspoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 12:42 PM   #2100
Tech Prophet

Default Re: one way trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by deanspoors
been carpark racing today when my 1st speed spur gear mangled had a look just seemed as though the engine moved so i replaced it with a spare got home and noticed the one way was jammed ie no-way bearing has this happened to anyone? the REAL problem is the one way is now jammed to the shaft and i cant take anything else of ..... ive tryed cleaning it but to no prevail what can i do? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Usually, you would want to clean the one way bearing real good in denatured alcohol. Dry it and then use a drop of one way lube and lube the one way bearing. Serpent sells one way lube in a small bottle. Part number is 1680.

Make it a habit to lube the one way bearing once in a while. The bearing will be extended.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote