R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-22-2002, 07:39 PM   #1936
Tech Master

Default Re: good run

am not sure about you Fues.01
but if you are playing at PA. 35 shore will just wear out too fast.but there are some that uses 35 with no proble,..
anyway driving style also play a part in your tire wear rate.
you can try 40 shore all round.
even 42..
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 11:48 PM   #1937
Tech Fanatic

I also noticed that the exaust pipe spit out lots of fuel and stuff while we were running it for the first time after break-in with the body on. There was so much fuel on the body that a film of fuel from the exaust pipe hole went back almost to the rear wheel well. Is this normal? I've seen nitro cars spit fuel and stuff out of the pipe while running but not this much, but I've never really payed that much attention to how much fuel the exaust pipe spits out when I'm watching another car . And I've never had a gas car or worked on one before so I'm very new to this stuff .
What chassis do you think would be a good investment? Would an aftermarket one from associated work well or does AE not make a better chassis for the ntc3? What about the Hardcore one? I've heard titanium is very flexible but I kinda doubt that because I don't think that Hardcore would design a flexible chassis. . Another thing, I didn't understand what you guys meant about mounting the fuel tank on o rings. I kinda got confused . Would mounting the tank on o rings help vibration?

Last edited by racerdx6; 12-22-2002 at 11:50 PM.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:37 AM   #1938
Tech Regular

Racerdx6 - if you have not done the tank mod, that would probably be the reason that fuel is coming out the Pipe in excessive amounts. The vent is not in the best location. They have new Tanks out. AE does(vent in lid) The tank is supposed to have 1 o-ring between the chassis and tank. Use a little longer screw and use 2 or three 0-rings. I run 40's all around. Plenty of traction. I have never expierence any of the fuel issues that are out there with the NTC3 just heard about them. People say that the Tank mod seems to fix the half tank issue. Might try that. I have the Golden Horizen Chassis. Its thicker. But noting is unbendable.

KFactory makes a new tank that looks cool. I have gotten one or heard of anyone who has.

Hope this helps.
2Fast4U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 01:30 PM   #1939

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

If you have done the tank mod or have a new tank with pressure tap in the lid. Move the pressure outlet on the pipe , closer to the pipe stinger,( exhaust outlet). This will cut the pressure to the tank. That will stop most of the fuel blowing back into the pipe. The fuel is coming out of the pipe when you let off the throttle? Right?
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 03:26 PM   #1940
Tech Fanatic

Is the new AE tank an aftermarket upgrade or would it of come with the ntc3. Is "the tank mod", installing o-rings between the chassis and the tank? . I haven't bought a new tank. Does the stock tank come with the a pressure tap in the lid? How could I tell?
Old 12-23-2002, 03:38 PM   #1941
Tech Regular

if you put the pressure hose on the lid, that is the new tank.
I tihink they are doing a running change for it.
If you have a older tank, you cant install a fitting in the lid
of the old tank. That is the mod. Or just buy a new one.
The o-rings help vibration, to keep the foaming down.
If you got a one of the first cars it will not have the pressure in the lid.

If your car is cutting out at wot. after half tank it might be to lean. On the high end. Just because you dont have high temp does always mean is not lean. I have run 1/8 engines at 200 and they were to lean, it did the same thing, cut out on the straight. But not each time. If its cold out then that might be it. Maybe. Just a thought, Richen it up a hair to see what happens if you cant figure it out.
2Fast4U2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 04:00 AM   #1942
Tech Initiate

dpes anyone know a cheap and trustworthy place where i can get a ntc3 internationally shipped!!! peferably SE!!!

thanx ina advance
tamiya451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 12:38 PM   #1943

Here a couple pics, of the tank and rear exhaust. This pic has both TOP SECRET EXHAUST SYSTEMS. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00017.jpg (87.9 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by bbntc3; 12-25-2002 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:40 PM   #1944

Heres another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00018.jpg (86.7 KB, 147 views)
Old 12-25-2002, 12:44 PM   #1945

Heres one location I use for the tank. It gets the heat away from the tank, adds more wt. to left frt. wheel and you only have to drill 1 hole in chassis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00019.jpg (87.2 KB, 143 views)
Old 12-25-2002, 12:47 PM   #1946

Sometimes short track racing gets pretty tough, and heres my shocktower mod that may be alittle overkill but does not come loose. The top 2 shocktower screws are 6/32 thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00020.jpg (94.4 KB, 153 views)
Old 12-25-2002, 02:52 PM   #1947
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up bbntc3

tanks for the picture on the mugen tank mod .,,
from the pictures it looks like there more mugen parts on your car like the shocks and rear toe link (capture ball links )
i didn't do the tank mod ,but what i did do was get 4-40 by 1/2
and fuel hose about 4 in long but a small dia. wire in it to hold a
shape of a horse shoe then put it between chassis and tank
tighten screws down snug. i also got a piece of scrap body lexan
and cut to fit and installed it in the tank with the extra knob and
screw supplied with my kit . it acts like a baffle so when fuel level
gets low it lessons the washing machine effect ,i,m happy with it
now .. got another trick (home depot) nylon nuts 8/32 installed
on pillow balls to lock down camber ...merry christmas and a happy new racing year ( i love the smell of 30% in the morning it
smells like victory)
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 03:16 PM   #1948

Nope, shocks are CRC Clicker shocks, captured ends and turnbuckles are Thunder Tiger 1/8th scale buggy, this tank was the old style serpent tank. The Serpent tank, is kinda weak and the mounting ears will break off so a Mugen tank is best suited for th NTC3. But I decided to finish off all my serpent tanks first.
Any kinda baffle in the tank has to help.
Old 12-25-2002, 04:25 PM   #1949
Tech Fanatic

I think the tank does have a pressure fitting (a piece of fuel tubing going into the tank lid and going to the pipe?? right ). We haven't installed o-rings under the tank yet. Is there any other things that we might be able to do with the stock tank to help reduce the amount of bubbles in the fuel line going to the carb? Are there any aftermarket tanks that are a direct fit for the ntc3 that help reduce the bubble problem? Thanks!

Last edited by racerdx6; 12-25-2002 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-25-2002, 07:25 PM   #1950
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdx6
I think the tank does have a pressure fitting (a piece of fuel tubing going into the tank lid and going to the pipe?? right ). We haven't installed o-rings under the tank yet. Is there any other things that we might be able to do with the stock tank to help reduce the amount of bubbles in the fuel line going to the carb? Are there any aftermarket tanks that are a direct fit for the ntc3 that help reduce the bubble problem? Thanks!

why not install the orings?....thats even in the instruction book....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote