R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-16-2002, 05:53 PM   #1891
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdx6
Hi, I don't own a NTC3 RTR (but I wish I did ), but my friend is getting one for his birthday, I was wondering if it comes standard (in the RTR version) with a fuel filter, if it does, is it an in-line fuel filter, or is it in the tank? Also, does the NTC3 fuel tank have a primer. I want this expierance to go well for him, he doesn't have the biggest wallet, so I don't want him to ruin his car for a while . Thanks!
The filter is in tank. I don't run anything but that filter.

The tank does not have a primer, which is good - primers leak badly, which you don't want. It is just as easy to put your finger over the exhaust outlet and yank on the starter cord a couple of times. This will force the fuel through the line to the carb just as well as using a primer.

Good luck with your friend! I love my NTC3 - it wasn't RTR, but no matter!
Old 12-16-2002, 06:50 PM   #1892
Tech Fanatic

Thanks! . Yeah, I was hoping that the tank didn't have a primer, that's good, one less problem to run into .
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 10:07 PM   #1893
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to showtime
Default cases

I told the guy I bought them from i wouldn't tell for obvious reasons...they aren't in"production" yet....feel me??
showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 10:44 PM   #1894
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO
Default cases

Just tell him. They are RD Logics alumin cases. They are all over Ebay. And saw some prototypes at my LHS, Elite Hobbies. They are selling cases, shock towers, braces, and chassis. They are exact replicas of the stockers but in alumin.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:09 PM   #1895
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How expensive are they? Are they lighter than graphite one? or even the plastic one?
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:40 AM   #1896
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to nickko
Default K Factory new DM

Check the new DM from K Factory

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/dm.htm
nickko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 06:34 AM   #1897
Tech Fanatic

BOLISARIO,
Thanks for the info, another fellow racer hooked me up on the Radio Control Zone site yesterday. I already have the info from RD, and I have the guy's info off Ebay. Again, Thanks

P.S. It's the "Top Secret" stuff that makes people think this hobby sucks guys, share the info like everyone else.
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 07:31 AM   #1898
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

NTC3NUT, exactly! I understand parts that I can't get but when people don't share things they have learned to make racing easier, that's when it's not fun. When you see someone having trouble and you know an easier way to do whatever he's having trouble with. Help him out.

Jon
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 07:38 AM   #1899
Tech Fanatic

That is 100% what it's all about, helping each other out. I would not hesitate to share info on my cars, fellow racers cars, or even Pro cars that I have had a chance to check out. I can't see the fun in it any other way.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:22 AM   #1900

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I agree with you guys to a certain point, but I do not and will not tell every little thing, that I do and have learned. So I guess the factory guys tell you every little TOP SECRET thing they have or do?
It's no secret, Yes, RD Lodgics have had the cases in design for awhile now. Last email I got from them they said they would'nt be in production until later next month. If Showtime told the supplier he would'nt tell the co. or persons name, Then why should he? I respect him for that! If you guys have seen them all over EBAY, then why have'nt you already bought them?
You guys need to lighten up! Do some experimenting yourselfs! I will tell you this about the diff cases, They are not made by RD.
Ok now, part of the mystery is now solved!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:28 AM   #1901
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

no that's not exactly what I'm saying. bb if you have info about things, like the exhaust I'd like to talk to you about it. But if a company is making something for you and they asked you not to tell then you should obey their wishes. I have/am doing this myself. Someone is working of diff cases for me as well that is why I haven't bought the ones mentioned here. I'm only talking about things that wouldn't matter if they were public knowledge. things you know personally that make your own racing experience easier.

Jon

bb you have pm
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:09 AM   #1902

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Swen you have a PM! I see your point!
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:51 PM   #1903
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BOLISARIO

NTC3NUT: Ray Huang said he left you the contact info on the company supposedly developing the rear toe linkage fix. Pls keep us posted on any developments.
BOLISARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:59 PM   #1904
Tech Fanatic

Here's a link to the guy with the toe-links. I have not followed up for awhile. I did drop him an e-mail late summer with my address, ect., so that he could send me a pair to try. I haven't heard anything ,but then our season has been over for some time now, and I have been busy with my electric sedan. Drop him a note if you get a chance and see if he's gotten beyond the design stage.

http://www.rcproductdesigns.com/
Old 12-17-2002, 02:17 PM   #1905
Tech Fanatic

bbntc3, Swen,
Everyone has a different opinion on what to share and what not to share. I guess I look at it like this; I still consider myself a newbie, and if another newbie, or even an old timer, asked for my help I would give it. I don't believe the equipment makes you a better driver, no matter how high tech, or cutting edge it is. I have seen things on Pro cars that I have been asked not to talk about because it was in the R&D stage, and I respect that. But if the part is available to the general public, say through Ebay, then help a brother out. I haven't bought them yet because I have been too busy with my electric sedan to shop for nitro parts, and I honestly am not sure they are worth the expense. I had hoped they would be machined vs. cast. I would like to wait and see them in action, to see if they can really sustain a high speed crash. Plastic cases are cheep, and I have already invested in "The Fix", which I also bought off Ebay. I'll try that first, and I will let you guys know how it works as soon as I do.