R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-14-2002, 12:27 PM   #1756
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OK..guys! I have one probelm! I crash my NTC3 with other car...and it seem like the car gas tank is relly easy to be broke bye the hit on the side! Any how.. any one got a fix for that? I just replace my new tank! $14 is one expensive tank!!

Also..on my pipe.( I have rear exhaust pipe) at the end of the pipe (little nipple w/setscrew) where the wier go in to hold it up broke. any one have any fix? I lose that little nipple....any one have any fix?

Thanks.
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:45 PM   #1757
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by superk
OK..guys! I have one probelm! I crash my NTC3 with other car...and it seem like the car gas tank is relly easy to be broke bye the hit on the side! Any how.. any one got a fix for that? I just replace my new tank! $14 is one expensive tank!!

Also..on my pipe.( I have rear exhaust pipe) at the end of the pipe (little nipple w/setscrew) where the wier go in to hold it up broke. any one have any fix? I lose that little nipple....any one have any fix?
You broke two of the most sensible parts to run in perfect condition, the unique answer that I can give you is to change the tank and pipe.

You can try to apply some 'cold weld' to the pipe nipple, but I doubt to be durable, before apply any kind of product, wash troroughly all the pipe to remove any rest of grease or dust.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:54 PM   #1758
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

The tank, well, you're out of luck. Just get a new one. I don't think $14 is a whole lot for a tank. . .

The pipe, well, I think I may have a fix.

Get some piano wire (from your LHS) and some fuel tube. Make a loop, at the end, that is big enough to just go around the pipe. Put the fuel tube onto piano wire for that loop (only).

Put that around your pipe, just upstream from the exhaust outlet. Then bend the wire as needed to go up to the place it will mount to the chassis brace (like the original) and, at that place, put a little loop in it to go around the screw.

You should be set.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:04 PM   #1759
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

JB weld, can almost fix ANYTHING...............it fixed my $80 X15 pipe......
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:52 PM   #1760
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default pipe

Must be the week of the T-bone. My pipe is dented pretty bad and split on the bottom. Hope you are right Solara. JB weld to the rescue. May only have a week or two left to race. Don't want to get a new pipe now. Like to see what comes out next year.
CHUCKMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 11:56 AM   #1761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yup jb weld is the most used item in my tool box with ca glue
a close second
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 02:35 PM   #1762
Tech Rookie

I have a friend who dented his high dollar Rex pipe for his Kanai. He filled the pipe with water and filled the holes with cork to seal the pipe. He then put it in the freezer overnight. He had to do this a few times, but when the water expanded when frozen, the ice puished the pipe back top original shape. Good luck.
nitrogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 02:49 PM   #1763
Tech Fanatic

i know a guy who completely smashed one of those paris pipes with the ribs filled it with sand then used a wooden dowel and hammer to fix the pipe you almost couldnt tell what had happened i was very impressed
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 06:36 AM   #1764

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Be careful if you fill the Ae pipe with water and freeze it to remove dents. Its only crimped together and not welded it will bust apart in the bottom seams so be careful! I destroyed a new dual chamber pipe the first time out! Got T-boned in the side by a T-Max in practice. I watered and froze thepipe and removed the dents only to find it ripped apart at the seams. Had to go and visit the local welding shop. J-B weld and fuel and oil does'nt mix very well, it might hold for alittle while but won't last, a welding shop should be able to fix the pipe for ya for $10 or less.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:12 PM   #1765
Tech Fanatic

Default new ntc3 owner

i'm going t be a new NTC3 owner.. any tips and tricks or what is to be junk away straight from the box?

tank?
pipe?

any special mod required?

i currently own a serpent impulse with a RB 5 port.
fuse01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 12:29 AM   #1766
LEO

make sure you modify your tank if its an old one, or buy the new tank with the preasure fitting on top.
LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 12:32 AM   #1767
LEO

have any of you guys been to kz speedway?

http://kzspeedway.com/
LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 04:06 AM   #1768
Tech Elite

Default Re: new ntc3 owner

Quote:
Originally posted by fuse01
i'm going t be a new NTC3 owner.. any tips and tricks or what is to be junk away straight from the box?

tank?
pipe?

any special mod required?
There's some little mods that you need to do.

1. Pick the #6587 item from AE and use the spring in that bag in place of the stock servo saver spring. Steering is more responsible and the servo saver don't move during cornering.

2. The two chamber pipe is much better performer than the stock one chamber and is a little quieter, so is appreciated for your neighbors when you fire it on the street.

3. The stock tyres are basically crap, but you can use when adjusting car and trimming. Depending on where you run the car you change the tyres for a better suited ones (rubber or foam).

Other mods interesting is porting and cutting 6mm of the stock manifold. Navigate thru the past pages and search for a porting and cutting post from NTC3NUT. It comes with photos, so you can see the before and after.

Porting the manifold gives you better exhaust and some temp reduction of your engine. Cutting the manifold gives you more high-end.

With your 5 port RB, maybe you need to change the stock gearing for a larger one. There are quite gear combinations, but almost everyone who bolt a high HP engine like yours, get the 21/27 pinion 54/48 spurs. Check the stock gearing and change if needed.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 06:15 AM   #1769
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

make sure your kit has the new style tank.....if it doesn't,get it...second.....when installing the shock towers to the gearbox,use RED loctite......you won't need to take them off uinless you break a tower(and I never have),and then you;ll have to get the gearbox and tower....(so what,its an asoociated,parst are cheap)...but the towres will never loosen...

make sure you pick up the optional rack bearing kit....you can get the brake kit also,if you'd like...
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 11:56 AM   #1770
Tech Initiate

Aftermarket tank

Does anyone make an aftermarket tank for the NTC-3? I know a lot of people have adopted other tanks to fit and all, but I was wondering if anyone made an aftermarket tank designed for the car. Thanks.

BTW, I've got the new tank, but it still seems like there is a lot of foaming going on and probably some high speed leaning due to it.

Any thoughts?
veesix is offline   Reply With Quote