R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #46
Suspended

you guys neet to take your bullshit somewhere else cuz i'm tired of this shit already!!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #47
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i can believe this until the very end..people show some symphaty here.your lucky you still have your parking lot track.this is our home track that is going to close down..DAMN IT!
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #48
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerHewson View Post
You know, I am sorry to see SVM close down. A lot of the guys who race at these "PARKING LOTS" tried to keep SVM open by racing there. There is a class at these "PARKING LOTS" for your cars and if you don't want to race at them don't. You won't be missed and you can spend your time doing something else other then racing your car with a great bunch of guys and having fun.

Roger
Roger Iam sure dbr9ifgt is just frustrated about the track closing down and being new at SV just started to have fun with his kids. Many of the locals here race at parking lots and had a great time racing.

Last edited by KoBe24; 08-13-2008 at 12:53 PM.
KoBe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #49
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to RogerHewson

I really am sorry your track is closing. I've been to SVM and it is a cool track. It is truly insulting to have someone bash you when your group of people have also been trying to help you keep your track going. There are not enough On-Road tracks around, and with the loss of Rev, and now SVM, these are two huge blows to the on-road community. We put a lot of work into Greater LA to make it an excellent track and invite every one to come down to enjoy themselves. We would just appreciate it if other people would not insult the hard work that is put into it. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Roger
RogerHewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #50
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

for some good years this track has been alot of help for us locals.weve found good friends,goodtimes.for all of you who support SV we thank you,and for those who dnt.thank you aswell.
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #51
Suspended

Quote:
I really am sorry your track is closing. I've been to SVM and it is a cool track. It is truly insulting to have someone bash you when your group of people have also been trying to help you keep your track going. There are not enough On-Road tracks around, and with the loss of Rev, and now SVM, these are two huge blows to the on-road community. We put a lot of work into Greater LA to make it an excellent track and invite every one to come down to enjoy themselves. We would just appreciate it if other people would not insult the hard work that is put into it. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Roger
I can assure you that he was not referring to greater LA... I like greater LA, it's just that SV is more convenient to most of us who race there that have families and can't drive every week from the valley to Artesia to race. What gets me very upset is not your comment, but other haters who are happy about this and egging you on... that shows how immature and inconsiderate some people can be!!

it's people like that who don't have anything to do and sit behind a computer all day and annoy others is what pisses me off
Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I really am sorry your track is closing. I've been to SVM and it is a cool track. It is truly insulting to have someone bash you when your group of people have also been trying to help you keep your track going.
Roger, I know dbr9igt personally and I'm 100% certain he wasn't bashing your group. It was simply a statement of frustration in having to down grade from a really nice track back to driving in a parking lot that might be near him (what I've been doing). I think we can all agree that a nicely surfaced/painted/banked track is much nicer to drive on, that's all. I take your apology in sincerity. I think the on-road community needs all the cohesion it can get. As has been pointed out, two good tracks are gone.

I just recently got inspired to drive ~1hr for the opportunity to run my GT car on a real track (SV) with others looking for a good time in a relaxed atmoshpere. I live in Ventura county and the only track near me is pint sized, not knocking it, but my cars don't really fit on it very well.

I really don't know what has gone on in the community prior to my involvement, but it's very important to band together to build support for tracks and create an inviting atmosphere to attract new people, rather than segregate into tiny groups that can't support nice facilities.

One of my primary concerns about going to a proper track was how I might be treated by "the locals". It can be very intimidating for a "newbie" who wants to learn the ropes and hostility, or being scorned, is the number one turn off. I do intend to come down and check out what the Greater LA club is doing.
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think I speak on behalf of the GLARCRC membership when I say, come down to our events, we welcome all and certainly are not hostile or closed to newcomers. If you need help with something, you will usually find it, and just about everyone, from the race director/track operator on down, are nice people.

Sad to see another track close. Most of the racers these days don't remember when we had no tracks to race at, and all we had was the temporary parking lot tracks setup by GLARCRC and for a time Pro Car West; even then we would lose the parking lots due mainly to noise complaints or in one case, a trash container fire...anyone remember that?

Speaking strictly to the GT drivers, GLARCRC does run this class and I think if we ever return to the Carson Mall, it will be the main attraction for the spectators. GLARCRC has some big races in the works and if you feel like travelling further, the Paris Memorial race in Las Vegas (November) has a solid GT class with racers from all over the country having attended the last 2 events there.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
I think I speak on behalf of the GLARCRC membership when I say, come down to our events, we welcome all and certainly are not hostile or closed to newcomers. If you need help with something, you will usually find it, and just about everyone, from the race director/track operator on down, are nice people.
Thanx for the cordial invite, I will take you up on it soon.

Quote:
Sad to see another track close. Most of the racers these days don't remember when we had no tracks to race at, and all we had was the temporary parking lot tracks setup
In your honest opinion, what do you feel enabled the tracks to be built and then what affected their demise?

Quote:
Speaking strictly to the GT drivers, GLARCRC does run this class and I think if we ever return to the Carson Mall, it will be the main attraction for the spectators.
Why do you see the GT class is the main attraction for the spectators? I'm just trying to understand. I was pretty "wowed" by watching the 1/8 scale "pro" cars (don't know a better term) run at the track. Maybe it's not practical to run them on parking lots? I don't know.
F109 Tekin 21.5
Old 08-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Most tracks close for 2 reasons- Complaints (mainly noise) from locals. Tracks lose money.

GLARCRC used to hold races at a parking lot at CSULA. Some old lady living way up on the hill complained about the noise, and the club had to move. The location of the track was right next to the 10 fwy... GLARCRC used to hold races at the Santa Monica airport. Someone living up on the hill across the street complained about the noise... The list goes on and on....

The GT/Rally type cars have the scale appearance of 1/5 cars without the high startup cost. They are not as fast as 1/8th but they also cost less than 1/2 as much to get racing. The 3 questions commonly asked by spectators are how fast, where do I get one, and how much. I think the GT/Rally cars are a good way to get more people into the hobby, and back when we raced at the mall, we would get a ton of foot traffic and once in a while we would get someone to buy a car and start racing with us. The 1/8th cars work just fine on the parking lot tracks. I think the term 'parking lot' track does not do justice to the actual track the club assembles each time. The track is cleaned and prepped and the layout(s) are fun.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #56
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

sorry to see this happen, I had great times at SV, best of luck to R & M..

Victor G.
vctr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Richard, Kel, and SV boys,

Just want to express my thanks to all of you for being so helpful, accomodating and welcoming to others who come out there. You've put in a lot of your time and work to keep the track running w/o regard for your own personal gain. I wished I had more time to race and hang out with you guys.

Good luck!!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #58
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to 007kel Send a message via Yahoo to 007kel

Quote:
You know, I am sorry to see SVM close down. A lot of the guys who race at these "PARKING LOTS" tried to keep SVM open by racing there. There is a class at these "PARKING LOTS" for your cars and if you don't want to race at them don't. You won't be missed and you can spend your time doing something else other then racing your car with a great bunch of guys and having fun.

Roger
Roger, I know dbr9ifgt and believe me he means well. He didn't mean to talk down on any other parking lot racing. If it's anything, he is just frustrated with the closing of SV.

When I can, I make it down to Greater L.A. and Glen and company do a great job running the program. The racing over there is always good. Even Marvin's parking lot racing at Flames out in Northridge is cool. He may do it different than what we are used to, but it's still fun. And I am very interested when Greater L.A. can get to setup at the Carson Mall. Maybe it will bring in more people to the hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnitro View Post
Richard, Kel, and SV boys,

Just want to express my thanks to all of you for being so helpful, accomodating and welcoming to others who come out there. You've put in a lot of your time and work to keep the track running w/o regard for your own personal gain. I wished I had more time to race and hang out with you guys.

Good luck!!
D. thanks for the kind words. I appreciate you guys coming out to SV for practice and racing. I'm sure Richard would be saying the same thing.
007kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #59
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to 007kel Send a message via Yahoo to 007kel

Quote:
Originally Posted by moy View Post
for some good years this track has been alot of help for us locals.weve found good friends,goodtimes.for all of you who support SV we thank you,and for those who dnt.thank you aswell.
Well said Moy.
007kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Quote:
Most tracks close for 2 reasons- Complaints (mainly noise) from locals.
Well that was certainly one thing that SV raceway had going for it, NOBODY lives near it and the surrounding industries make more noise than the cars.

It seems that any future permanent track needs to be located in an industrial type location far from residents.

Quote:
Tracks lose money.
That I can see as a perpetual issue unless the facility is owned by a fairly large and active club with a sizable membership.

It does seem like the greater LA/SF area has more than enough potential members to support such a facility if they could be brought together and a suitable location could be found. It seems like the Greater LA guys are still in search of a permanent home.
F109 Tekin 21.5