Search

1/8 On Road?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default 1/8 On Road?

Hi,
Don't mean to ask a question thats been asked over and over. But here goes. I have LOSI 8B and I was looking to get a street car. I like 1/8th scale can you guys suggest a good car. I doubt I'm going to race (tongue in cheek) thats the same thing I said about buggies. I know fast is relative to engine. However a good frame makes a good motor do wonders. I wold like for it to handle pretty decent. I don't want a dragster. Thanks for your help.

Criteria
1/8th scale
nitro
can find used no new releases, I'm not going to find a deal on the latest and greatest
Old 07-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, most 1/8 onroad cars really like prepared surfaces. Small rocks, sand and other debris play havoc on the belts. If you want to try it I would keep a lookout on ebay for a Mugen MRX4 or 4R. They are basically the same as the current MRX4X and most parts fit so finding the parts you need should be no problem.

Another option would be a buggy based on road like Kyosho and OFNA have come out with. They run pretty good and don't mind the stones so much.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Check out this RAZOR 1/8!

Same as many other 1/8 on road car, if you would go into race, you need to fine tuning a bit here and there. But if you would not go for race, an RTR version is ready for purchase. You could log into the web site hereunder to check them up.

http://www.edam.com.tw
http://edamracing.blogspot.com

Just to share some info. with you!