R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #16
kmh
Tech Addict

Default rb tires

I tried the RB tires for the first time at the RCPRO series in Virginia two weekends ago. After a few laps the tires seem to hook up very well. I then ran the same set at 301 last weekend for three qualifiers. To me, the RB tires are just as good as any other tire in the same price range. As for the color, I painted a little grey on my body , and strapped in the NINJA to blend in. I would buy them again.(1/8 scale MRX-4R)
Kenny H.
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado View Post
For everyone who made a positive comment, thank you!
There are many brands you could choose to use and we appreciate your support.

Jamie Corrado
RB Products USA

I have a whole tote full of RB. Great product!
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon

Im not bashing RB they worked good for me but the last pair i bought were 37sh but when I checked them w/ the durometer they were 43sh. Is that common for all manufactures or did I just get a bad pair?
motojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #19
Tech Adept

well eather you have a defecttires or they might be dry rotted or evern one of those lazy people who package the product miss place a wrong pair in that box lol
infernoman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:12 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojon View Post
Im not bashing RB they worked good for me but the last pair i bought were 37sh but when I checked them w/ the durometer they were 43sh. Is that common for all manufactures or did I just get a bad pair?
I own a durometer and there is a technique to getting proper and consistant readings. Let the machine do the work and not your hand. I bet you get a different number.

Jamie Corrado
RB Products USA
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to motojon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado View Post
I own a durometer and there is a technique to getting proper and consistant readings. Let the machine do the work and not your hand. I bet you get a different number.

Jamie Corrado
RB Products USA
can you explain the procedure to me then so I can see if im doing it right or not
motojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The tires have to be of equal sizes to even start testing them with as much foam as possible like 65+mm, and you have to take 3 or more readings and average them. foam is an interesting thing to measure, like Jamie said, let the machine do it.

That being said, I have seen some (4-5 different brands, nobody individually is guilty of this) tires where it will say 45 on the package, and you'll have 50's or 40's..

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #23
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojon View Post
I just opened up a 35 shore and 37 shore RB tires randomly and measured it with my durometer, and it measured exactly 35 shore for the 35's and 37 shore on the 37's, It could be that your durometer is not calibrated correctly.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to jigga21

I have a tote full of them also but I did notice the rear tires are slightly thinner (maybe 28mm) than other brands. That's not going to stop me from using them and as far as the color, my car is orange and silver so the gray doesn't hurt. It just makes me feel sometimes like I don't have a wheel on my car when it starts getting dark.
jigga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #25
Tech Regular

I race 1/8th and used to run GRP on all kind of fast, open Euro style tracks.
For testing, a friend gave me Xceed and UFRA (Manufactured in the south of Switzerland, close to Italy), and he tested UFRA vs. R&B.
Surprise! With both, Xceed and UFRA tyres, wear was less and no difference from left to right. Laptimes down 2 tenths and the car was more exact (more on rails). My friend found the R&B and the UFRAīs being equal.
I will not buy GRP anymore. If you do some "googling" you will find that there are only 3 types of foam rubber available for rc cars:

European: GRP
Japanese: Xceed (jap version), presumably UFRA and R&B as well (same tire wear and grip)
American: Xceed (us version), jacco, etc.

I had also good results with ATS "cristiani" tyres. Maybe they are also made from jap foam.

For me, the jap foam is the best at the moment. The foam seems to be a little denser, therefore has more grip, less wear and the complete wheel is a bit heavier. Lap time counts and for me, it dropped consistently.

Hint: Donīt believe the hype! If the pros run a certain tyre, sometimes looks are deceiving. I have seen some pros running a different brand of engine with their brandīs cooling head on...
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #26
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Jaco uses the jap rubber as well.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

EVERYONE uses the Japanese rubber. We all buy from the same place so beware of anyone claiming one brand is far superior to any other. Most differences are in the wheel, durometer reading, age of the rubber, or batch.
I have heard this over and over and it is completely false. No one uses American or European rubber for gas anymore. We have been using Japanese rubber for 17 years for nitro. I have no clue where this information comes from, but it is based on speculation, not fact.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #28
Tech Regular

@Jackie

So why does Xceed then offer 1/8th tyres in US and Jap versions? Could it be that your statement is speculation and not fact?

Check diz: http://www.xceedrc.com/product/Tyres/all/5

Last edited by fulcrum2; 07-13-2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Typo
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

fulcrum....I have been doing this for 18 years. It is my job to know this. Trust me, I know more about this subject than you can imagine or I'm willing to say. Your information is FALSE. JACO does not use American or European rubber for gas tires. That fact alone discredits your source.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

is RB tires is made in the USA?
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote