R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-20-2003, 07:45 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
hey, this look neat !!

Naaaah! the Chamaleon is for the pimps.... see the full fledged Eco Select....

[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 07:46 AM   #17
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Naaaah! the Chamaleon is for the pimps.... see the full fledged Eco Select....

which charger you have?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:01 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Im using for a long time the Vision PRO from hangar 9 for my airplanes and nitro cars ... its GREAT and only about US$ 60.

cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:26 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
which charger you have?
Have the Eco Select model: 3 independent charging outputs (2 of 4-7 cell and 1 4to8 cells, charge/discharge & cycle) in a small package.

Hate to pay two times for the same piece of equipment so, buy the best I can afford from the start, expensive at short term, cheap at long term. I can simultaneously charge the 2 packs from the starter box and charge the Tx pack or Rx pack without a sweat. Very useful.... sometimes charge three Rx packs at the same time (one on each output).... lazy track friends who don't remember to go to the track with the packs charged or before a final.

Here's a photo of my charger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schulze.jpg (99.9 KB, 92 views)
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 08-20-2003, 08:30 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Have the Eco Select model: 3 independent charging outputs (2 of 4-7 cell and 1 4to8 cells, charge/discharge & cycle) in a small package.

Hate to pay two times for the same piece of equipment so, buy the best I can afford from the start, expensive at short term, cheap at long term. I can simultaneously charge the 2 packs from the starter box and charge the Tx pack or Rx pack without a sweat. Very useful.... sometimes charge three Rx packs at the same time (one on each output).... lazy track friends who don't remember to go to the track with the packs charged or before a final.

Here's a photo of my charger
nice charger and i agree with you on your choice!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:52 AM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

I want to get a charger that will make my Rx battery last a very long time.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:11 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
i have heard someone called you "PUNK" ?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:19 AM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

Quote:
i have heard someone called you "PUNK" ?
yeah... PUNK fish!
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:33 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
777 just revealed a secret, you need to live in russia to make your battery last long !!
Old 08-20-2003, 11:40 AM   #25
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

I am using this one

SUPERNOVA 250S Fast Cycler
Part Number: FC700

The SUPER NOVA is the most sophisticated battery conditioning system available today at a price one third that of competing products. SUPER NOVA can discharge and rapid charge from 1 to 25 cells from a +12VDC supply such as a car battery or your field box battery. SUPER NOVA is a microprocessor controlled cycler meant primarily for power packs used for power for electric cars, boats, and airplanes. The “super” feature is that the user can store the cycle parameters for up to 10 different battery packs in memory. Just select the memory location for the pack you want and all parameters are there and set without worrying whether you have them right. Function of SUPER NOVA describes the optimum technique used by competitive electric model operators for some time, but never before available in an affordable package. The user charges a pack at C/10 on his overnight system charger to equalize the cells. Before competing, SUPER NOVA then discharges the pack at a discharge rate programmed via the microprocessor to be from 0.5 to 3.0 amps. The discharge capacity is presented on an LCD display. At completion of discharge, SUPER NOVA rapid charges the pack at any rate programmed into the microprocessor between 0.1 and 5 amps until the pack reaches full charge and delta peak cutoff occurs. The unit automatically switches to trickle charge and maintains the peak charge on the pack until you need the pack.

Recommended Accessories: One 201BCB cable that is a 9", 2.5mm barrel cable to two bannana plugs; and a 501MC Versatile Adapter that will allow interface of most popular radio equipment via the above cable. PS2-12US to connect the FC700 to your AC wall outlet for use in your shop.

Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 12:28 PM   #26
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy

ok so we have a whole bunch of sophisticated chargers...how about a K.I.S.S. one with an emphsis (sp) on stupid.
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 02:11 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by corvettecrazy
ok so we have a whole bunch of sophisticated chargers...how about a K.I.S.S. one with an emphsis (sp) on stupid.
What about more kiSs than connecting your battery pack to the charger and let it to the charger determine everything? (up to the intensity discharge and change intensity) varying as the pack goes thru the charge or discharge cycle?
Old 08-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #28
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to corvettecrazy

Quote:
- Reverse polarity
- Peak Charger

i'm lost...granted they may be a lot simplier when sitting right in front of you but when they are talked about on here all the chargers seem really complicated.
corvettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote