R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   hpi rs4 3 evo+ (.18 2 speed) vs Schumacher Fusion(.21 3 speed) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/231103-hpi-rs4-3-evo-18-2-speed-vs-schumacher-fusion-21-3-speed.html)

parad0x 07-08-2008 09:11 PM

hpi rs4 3 evo+ (.18 2 speed) vs Schumacher Fusion(.21 3 speed)

Just wanted people thoughts on this battle, I am looking for a really good street basher that has great acceleration and an amazing top speed with as good durability as possible.

My thoughts are, The fusion has a lot more speed/power (2.85hp especialy with a 3 speed, although its not as adjustable) but has a bit less technology in the components but makes up for it by using very durable thicker pieces but has less support from neighbouring hobby stores for replacement parts.

Whereas, the rs4 3 evo+ has a bit less power (2.2hp with 2 speed but more adjustabiilty in the transmission) has more technology, parts are pretty durable but not as durable as the fusion stock for stock but has great support from hobby stores if it ever breaks down.

My biggest question is, is it possible to drop in a bigger engine into the evo+ ?? I have been even thinking about getting the 18ss then dropping in something bigger as well (as well comes with beefed up stock parts and 2 speed). I also want to hear which one you guys would get and why you think its better for street bashing?

What I had in mind was at least an .21 engine or even a .28? There are a lot of guys already with the fusion running a .28 engine (No not the new fusion that came out by the previous .21 versions with upgraded .28 engines). How difficicult is this, and what would be needed to do this on the rs4? I need at least a modified .21 to be satisfied.

The speed is where the fun factor is at for me, but no I would not go with a pure "dragster" drag car want to keep it a touring 1/10th onroad car.

NiTrO BoOsTeR 07-09-2008 01:32 AM

if i were you then i would be getting the HPI because you can get the parts, doesnt matter how durable each part has its weekpoint, if you wont to be able to race it you would need a engine that has under 1hp so for that i would go a OS TG they are fast and durable, also if you wonted a .18 i would go for the
OS TZ they are one of the best engines for power, eg drags but also racing. im not sure you can drop a .21 or a .28 in one of these with out some modding but that can be done and when you wont to race it with the normal engine in it then you may have to buy the parts you modded.

with all that said. Go with what ever you wont. if you see people with the Fusion then ask them where they got their parts and if your prepared to w8 till they come in then go with the Fusion if you wont speed.

IMO get a MUGEN MTX4r (jks)

KyoshokiddT.D 07-09-2008 05:10 AM

theres already been a thread started almost identicle to this on it is under the stupid newbe quuestion?

parad0x 07-10-2008 05:57 PM

hmm

thanks for the heads up kyosho.

After several more research, im finding myself more and more wanting a 1/8 scale just for street bashing..

For 1/10th, i have eliminated the hpi rs4 and am in its place concidering a traxxis nitro 4-tec 3.3 if I do still end up going for that scale.

What do you guys think would make a better street basher? 1/10 or 1/8 scale? The 1/8th's durability really appeals to me, I plan on doing a lot of speed runs around 60-70mph and the roads sometimes have small dips/bumps/rocks/cracks which are always a problem for high speeds..

My thoughts are the 1/8th would be a lot more stable at these speeds... Your thoughts/opinion guys??

NiTrO BoOsTeR 07-10-2008 09:59 PM

Gday again, the only 1/8th that would be awsomef or street runing it the Kyosho Inferno GT dont get anything else its the best car other than the expensive race cars, such as the MRX and so on

nitrohead5300 07-11-2008 05:52 AM

Your thoughts/opinion guys??[/QUOTE/] ......................I would say go witth the Ofna 1/7 scale onroad the DM-1 model or the Kyosho 1/8 Inferno onroad cars. Both brands have beautiful bodies and enough ground clearance to run on bumpy unprepared surfaces. I would not reccomend the 4-tec because it does not handle that well good in a straight line drag race but running a road course forget it.

feeldebones 08-16-2011 09:04 AM

Rs4 engine upgrade

Hiya, would it be possible to install a Schumacher x28 turbo into a rs4 Evo! What are people views on this? Cab it be done?