Search

GPX PRO belt-prop

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GPX PRO belt-prop

hi guys
gone try it again now i running my car whit os max tz 5p 16%nitro
removed the one way front and put diff 500000 oil from kyoso instead now the problem is every 2hours belt gone , the thead rip off second when i com out off a corner go full trottle the car hoping whit his front wheels for a distance off 2a 3meter. thy set to me your car is to hard on damping on the rear i changed that no result i can not believe that dhare is no-one that drive whit front diff over dhare or did you ever rain in this problem for me its a good car and i dont no whare to look i ame from belgium a most people drive hire whit serpent 720 so can someone help me out hire i send a mail to direckt to hobao to no response
i got to mutch spars ,otherwise i sold the car i starts to enoying mé
i just wont drive and have fun .
greetings mac
Old 09-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
Try using a differant side belt from like a TM G4 as the standard belts on the GPX-4 are rubbish...........
Old 09-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GPX Pro

hi,
now ok belts problem is ok now was my diff in front, but my car keeps jumping in the front when i com out off a corner every thing is original i changend dampers whit stabi without stabi rear keeps jumping the prop is the pully behind is 19 and the front 23 so i think that is the prop i have changed them other way around 23 behind and than its seem to bé ok ,but you can not drive like that way to mutch tension on the belt.why hoboa dont have different pully for the front and rear
i think fr 21 -re 21 woud solve the prop do anyone have experiance whit this
greetings mac
i hope someone can give me a solution i like the car but this is no way to drive
Old 09-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Your diff shouldnt be the hassle !!!
Make sure you have all the correct pulleys as per the manual fitted .
and note the front and rear wheel diameter.
The rear wheels if smaller than the front wheels will cause stress on the belts and cause them to strip.
Check also that the condition of the pulleys are OK and worn.
Also when turning make sure there is no binding on the front drive train.
The Kyosho or G4S belts are also much better quality so look at getting them.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default GPX Pro

Razzor,
the prop whit the belt is fine now.
but i gone try to explain what the car do. I com for exampel full trottel to corner i brake steer true corner and what you do dann full trot out of the corner at that moment my car starts to jump whit his front wheels the moment you accelerhat after 2meters its stops and than it go normal but that is not right a changend everthing new pully belts new tires ufra everything this is not good my friends drive whit serpent wy drive on the circuit i drive for meany year whit 1/5 fg now i changed to 1/10 because i wass funny for me and friends i do for 25 years rc now.so i ame not a rookie the car is brand new 10moanths engine os max 12 TZ 5p to day i tryed again hopeless it keeps jumping. i give up when nobody can give me some good advice the car fly out this is what i mean is i putt this also on the forum from hobao do think someone response nop. i can not believe that no one have the same prop this car is compleet original.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Off the top of my head the only possible problem could be that you have too much steering travel so when you turn full lock the cvd's chatter which causes the wheel to bounce.
Place your car on the starter box and holding part throttle turn the steering left full lock and right full lock and see if it chatters/vibrates etc.. if it does then you need to set the end points on your radio or dial out steering on the dual rate.

Cant think of anything else that could be the hassle.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hi,
Try using a differant side belt from like a TM G4 as the standard belts on the GPX-4 are rubbish...........
How many teeth are different between the GPX4 side belt and the G4S belt?

I know earlier you were running Mugen belts are you still doing this? Other people would just soak belts in WD40 to stretch them....
Old 10-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default Belts

Hi,
The G4 belt has 1 more tooth on it and I only used the Mugen (MTX-3)belts on the front and rear for the quality and durability.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hi,
The G4 belt has 1 more tooth on it and I only used the Mugen (MTX-3)belts on the front and rear for the quality and durability.

Would having that one extra tooth throw the gearing out at all?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Hi,
Only the pulley size (teeth) controls the gearing not the belt size ok.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by macspeed47
Razzor,
the prop whit the belt is fine now.
but i gone try to explain what the car do. I com for exampel full trottel to corner i brake steer true corner and what you do dann full trot out of the corner at that moment my car starts to jump whit his front wheels the moment you accelerhat after 2meters its stops and than it go normal but that is not right a changend everthing new pully belts new tires ufra everything this is not good my friends drive whit serpent wy drive on the circuit i drive for meany year whit 1/5 fg now i changed to 1/10 because i wass funny for me and friends i do for 25 years rc now.so i ame not a rookie the car is brand new 10moanths engine os max 12 TZ 5p to day i tryed again hopeless it keeps jumping. i give up when nobody can give me some good advice the car fly out this is what i mean is i putt this also on the forum from hobao do think someone response nop. i can not believe that no one have the same prop this car is compleet original.
Hi,

Please check your drive cup in the rear diff. if you see a cut in the part where the dogbone pin touches when you accerelate.