Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Questions About Ntc3 >

Questions About Ntc3

Questions About Ntc3

Old 08-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Questions About Ntc3

Ive been wanting to get a NTC3 and i finally got the kit.......i wanna know if i can put a bigger engine on it, maybe a .15 or .18, would i have to buy a conversoin kit??? Also how fast does a NTC3 go with a 2 speed tranny and how fast with a one speed??
Old 08-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

well if you want to buy a .15 or a .18 it depend on what you want a rear or a side engine and when you bought that kit was it a rear or a side type of kit? and if you put a 2 speed well like i said it depend one what engine you get try to give us more info on what kinda engine you like side or rear
Old 08-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's pretty simple. Any small block .15 or .18 will fit the motor mounts. You need an engine with either a pilot (SG) shaft or you need to cut down the threaded shaft to fit. AE sells a cut off nut that helps to do this.

Now the fun part, did you buy a pull-start kit or non? The side exaust parts are in the pull-start kit and the rear exhaust parts are on the non-pull-start kit. You can always buy the parts you need to go from one to the other.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sorry took solong to respond

i got the pull start