WD-40 & KY please don't come in.....
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 05:42 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Dear TOP GUN,

We all know that higher exhaust port can move the torque/rpm curve to the high-rpm zone.But we will lost some torque on the bottom and get instable idle.What do you think between high-rpm engine and high-torque engine?Whatever we can change the gear ratio for them to fit for the track.Which one is your favorite?

Thanks in advance.
Well, I don't realy have favorits. I don't do regular curving, I do only engines by particular request (meaning if you decided to ask me to do the engine) you will need to tell me where are you going to be use it. It doesn't make sence to build average engine for top level people. There is no gold middle for high leve engines-it got to be engine for small track or for big track, or it got to be stock from the box. You still can use top RPM engine on small track (or opposite), but it will required additional tunning of car and engine, and it won't be that efficient as specialy built for particular aplication.
BTW-high exhaust timing doesn't mean unstable idle.
If you read thred moddifiers who is out there, my one of the first post there was-what and for which aplication you need to modify engine. It was one of the very first my appirince here and I am still on the same position.
So, on the end to finalize_there is no preference for high RPM or High torq-there is only one preference-where it is going to be use.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 05:46 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Quote:

There is a photo to explain the TURBO PLUG.It can fix the content of the combustion chamber no matter which brand's turbo plug using on your engine.The purpose is the same with TOP GUN's antique Rossi.
It is not real the same as my antique-it still has steel body, my antique-has no steel. Also, what you saw on pic which I put before-isn't antique-it is most resent version ( world champion in control line airmodeling). So, we are here as antique.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:16 PM   #64
Nitro Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Well, I don't realy have favorits. I don't do regular curving, I do only engines by particular request (meaning if you decided to ask me to do the engine) you will need to tell me where are you going to be use it. It doesn't make sence to build average engine for top level people. There is no gold middle for high leve engines-it got to be engine for small track or for big track, or it got to be stock from the box. You still can use top RPM engine on small track (or opposite), but it will required additional tunning of car and engine, and it won't be that efficient as specialy built for particular aplication.
BTW-high exhaust timing doesn't mean unstable idle.
If you read thred moddifiers who is out there, my one of the first post there was-what and for which aplication you need to modify engine. It was one of the very first my appirince here and I am still on the same position.
So, on the end to finalize_there is no preference for high RPM or High torq-there is only one preference-where it is going to be use.
Hahaha....Yes!Agree with you absolutely!
Even though you didn't give me any point.
Yes,we can regulate the crank for better stable idle and get more bottom torque.

Maybe I should ask you that why most of people like high-rpm engine rather than more applied torque?Maybe the high-rpm engine sounds louder?
Old 08-21-2003, 06:24 PM   #65
Nitro Tech

Quote:
It is not real the same as my antique-it still has steel body, my antique-has no steel. Also, what you saw on pic which I put before-isn't antique-it is most resent version ( world champion in control line airmodeling). So, we are here as antique.
Hahaha...I'm sorry.Because I have ever seen MANY Russia hand-made engine in my teacher's home.Maybe you know him.Do you know a guy JJK?

When I saw the plug you posted..... ....Yes,it's almost the same.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:27 PM   #66
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hahaha....Yes!Agree with you absolutely!
Even though you didn't give me any point.
Yes,we can regulate the crank for better stable idle and get more bottom torque.

Maybe I should ask you that why most of people like high-rpm engine rather than more applied torque?Maybe the high-rpm engine sounds louder?
Well, I think if you want to know why most of the people like RPM engines, we need to ask those people, I am wrong sorce for it. I like everything, just on right aplication.
There is so much in that small engine to be regulate, so I even can't tell you where to start, if I don't know what do you want to.
About the sound-put on your car tuned pipe from boat with no mufler and you are going to hear real sound.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:29 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hahaha...I'm sorry.Because I have ever seen MANY Russia hand-made engine in my teacher's home.Maybe you know him.Do you know a guy JJK?

When I saw the plug you posted..... ....Yes,it's almost the same.
JJK is abriviation, we didn't use that way in russia, if you tell me his real name, may be I will know him.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:31 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
WD-40 & KY please don't come in.....
Plugs have nuthing to do with WD40 or KY.. its a matter of tight fit only.

Anyway.. one question thou..
Like in 1:1 scale cars and motorbikes, I do check the plugs to see if my motor is burning fuel right.
Is there a guideline to check the plugs if my R/C engines is burning fuel in the optimium level??
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 06:39 PM   #69
Nitro Tech

Quote:
JJK is abriviation, we didn't use that way in russia, if you tell me his real name, may be I will know him.
Sorry!I don't know how to spell his chinese name.Mr.Kuo? He flied the line control airplane 20 years ago.Forget it...
Old 08-21-2003, 06:43 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinyard
Plugs have nuthing to do with WD40 or KY.. its a matter of tight fit only.

Anyway.. one question thou..
Like in 1:1 scale cars and motorbikes, I do check the plugs to see if my motor is burning fuel right.
Is there a guideline to check the plugs if my R/C engines is burning fuel in the optimium level??
There is couple different guydlines to it, but I folow only one-the engine performance-if it is running right, I don't realy care how the plug looks like. But if the plug looks exactly like book says and engine is berrely moving-it is even worse. So I only relay on my ears and real results.
THe filament supos to be grey-it is show-engine working efficient. I was present, when USSR record on control line air propeled boat was recorded-the filament looks like brand new.
So, better to realy on performance then on how the plug looks like.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:48 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sorry!I don't know how to spell his chinese name.Mr.Kuo? He flied the line control airplane 20 years ago.Forget it...
No, sorry, I don't know him. I was flying that planes when I was 14-16 years old, just for fun ( i wasn't that fast). I was in boat modeling-.15 air propeled and .60 water propeller. Also i was goverment sponosored coach for junior team.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:52 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
There is couple different guydlines to it, but I folow only one-the engine performance-if it is running right, I don't realy care how the plug looks like. But if the plug looks exactly like book says and engine is berrely moving-it is even worse. So I only relay on my ears and real results.
THe filament supos to be grey-it is show-engine working efficient. I was present, when USSR record on control line air propeled boat was recorded-the filament looks like brand new.
So, better to realy on performance then on how the plug looks like.
Erm ok.. i get what you mean..
Maybe i ask wrongly.. like my bikes, when i check my plugs they are slightly copperish brown, this means that i am running my bike's engine slightly towards the lean side.
What i meant is, say i took out the glow plugs and check if my plugs were to be copper brownish and the filament are grey does that mean my engine is running slightly on the lean side??
How lean is lean??
I dun have a temp gun by the way..
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:00 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinyard
Erm ok.. i get what you mean..
Maybe i ask wrongly.. like my bikes, when i check my plugs they are slightly copperish brown, this means that i am running my bike's engine slightly towards the lean side.
What i meant is, say i took out the glow plugs and check if my plugs were to be copper brownish and the filament are grey does that mean my engine is running slightly on the lean side??
How lean is lean??
I dun have a temp gun by the way..
It is might be on low end lean or top end lean-I can't answer you on this question, I need to see that plug and see how the engine work and I might sugest something.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:29 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
What are you talking about? Who are they? Who cares if they exist? Who is going to stop me here or somewhere else? Are you kidding me? People come here to say something or ask question, or or share expirience, if somebody doesn't like it-it there problem and it means they are hiding something from people-I don't care if I open some secrets or so. I will say whatever I want to, about anyhting I want to.
Top Gun,

Relax,there is no KGB or CIA watching you.Forget about what SLOWHARRY was saying,he is playing his childish feet games.As i said to you in the PM before,we welcome your experience and keep this thread active for engine related topics!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:31 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
The coning from what I am led to believe is just a better way of sealing the gap to stop leaks or loss of combustion like a standard square plug (hence the requirement of the washer). But due to the fact that the amount of outer material changes I guess it controls the amount of distance the most of the heat dissapates up through the plug to stop it from becoming damaged so quick and also provide a more controlled combustion rate.
Yeah,i think it's mainly to do with the conical shape and taper of the plug and button which creates a better seal then the plug with a copper washer.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote