R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-06-2003, 05:03 PM   #631
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

your right i'm sorry for posting in alot of threads. I just need to sell the engine. Sorry
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 05:12 AM   #632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Can anyone give me opinnions about the Team Orion WASP .12 ROAR engine v/s Trinity Sirio ROAR .12 engine ? ... (reliability, performance, easy handling, etc ...)

Thanks !!

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:23 PM   #633
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The orion is a Picco engine, and having had expirience with them I dont recomend them. The quality is not up to par with novas, and the carb sucks the big one . The only way I made mine work dicently is with a nova carb.

The sirio is a little better and runs good with a nova carb, its kind of soft on low end IMO, but it loves to rev, so if you run a big track it will work for you.

Tabushi, whats wrong with your Novamega SX12? Thats a great engine, and the performance of the other 2 engines wont be as good as the SX12

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #634
Tech Elite

Guys,
Is this engine can be used on 1/10 scale ?
Anyone know how much it cost?
v15

esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #635
afm
Tech Master

Tabushi

This are the facts on Sirio engines:
The first engines had problems with the carburator needles and
o-rings, which are already solved. The model that definetly works very well, with nothing to envy all the Nova based engines is the New ABC S12 TRP EVO2, which I think will be on sale in USA by the end of the month (allready available in Europe). It has new piston, improved porting and timing and nice factory touches on transfers and crank. The engine is very reliable, doesn't stop ever and holds very well under high temperatures. If used with the same gear ratios as a Nova based engine, it doesn't have the same low end, but much much more high end, so the low end is solved in a SIRIO using a shorter gear ratio, because the power curve in a SIRIO is different than a Nova based engine, it delivers the power in a more progressive way, giving at the end a lot more higher power curve than any Nova based engine, hence the ballistic high end, which combined with the right gear ratio for the low end and the SIRIO S12 200006 In-Line Flanged pipe, I can asure you it smokes any Nova Based engine considering Price Performance comparison. I highly recommend you to try it out, after I set it correctly I still can't believe its performance.
Hope this helps you in your decision.
Regards
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 07:06 PM   #636
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default www.rcunderground.net

Hey Thomas only cause your a nice guy
I am prepared to post pictures of my collari 3 port modds exclusevly on your site.
This is one of the quickes 3 ports in the country,
thats right its a Jp eater , a rb eater , infact it eats anything in its path. And its won many races to proove it .
And as a bonus i will also post picks of more broken rods than you can poke a stick at.
Thats right these things punch out so much horsepower they shatter rods, not just the bushes but broken in 3 places and in 3 occasions smashed through the side of the crankcase.
Thats right all will be revealed very soon.

Stay tuned to

WWW.RCUNDERGROUND.NET
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:17 PM   #637
afm
Tech Master

Tabushi

This are the facts on Sirio engines:
The first engines had problems with the carburator needles and
o-rings, which are already solved. The model that definetly works very well, with nothing to envy all the Nova based engines is the New ABC S12 TRP EVO2, which I think will be on sale in USA by the end of the month (allready available in Europe). It has new piston, improved porting and timing and nice factory touches on transfers and crank. The engine is very reliable, doesn't stop ever and holds very well under high temperatures. If used with the same gear ratios as a Nova based engine, it doesn't have the same low end, but much much more high end, so the low end is solved in a SIRIO using a shorter gear ratio, because the power curve in a SIRIO is different than a Nova based engine, it delivers the power in a more progressive way, giving at the end a lot more higher power curve than any Nova based engine, hence the ballistic high end, which combined with the right gear ratio for the low end and the SIRIO S12 200006 In-Line Flanged pipe, I can asure you it smokes any Nova Based engine considering Price Performance comparison. I highly recommend you to try it out, after I set it correctly I still can't believe its performance.
Hope this helps you in your decision.
Regards
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 04:59 AM   #638
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Re: www.rcunderground.net

Quote:
Originally posted by kickass
Hey Thomas only cause your a nice guy
I am prepared to post pictures of my collari 3 port modds exclusevly on your site.
This is one of the quickes 3 ports in the country,
thats right its a Jp eater , a rb eater , infact it eats anything in its path. And its won many races to proove it .
And as a bonus i will also post picks of more broken rods than you can poke a stick at.
Thats right these things punch out so much horsepower they shatter rods, not just the bushes but broken in 3 places and in 3 occasions smashed through the side of the crankcase.
Thats right all will be revealed very soon.

Stay tuned to

WWW.RCUNDERGROUND.NET
look forward to seeing it. and sharing the speed secrets with the world! titanium conrods not included im guessing right!?
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:00 AM   #639
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: www.rcunderground.net

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
look forward to seeing it. and sharing the speed secrets with the world! titanium conrods not included im guessing right!?
Titanium conrod with needle roller bearing on cranck pin!!! How is the sound?
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:18 PM   #640
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
This is one of the quickes 3 ports in the country
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:57 AM   #641
Tech Elite

Default Region 9

Any news from region 9 race?
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #642
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

1. Brandon MCnally
2. Mike Uhmino
3. Todd Bath

All were running MTX3's. I know Todd was running the 777 engine and was able to run 2 laps more than anyone else. It was a really good race as well. Had good power and fuel ecnomy.
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:47 PM   #643
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default RELAX

Relax on the roller pin bearing thing you are jumping to conclusions777, you have been watching too many Bond movies.

I had 2 after market rods made for my engines
1- titanium with brass bushes
2 -T6 alloy with brass bushes
When I post the picks on rcunderground.net you will see a stock collari rod, a aftermarket alloy rod (more beefy) and the titanium rod similar size to the stock but much better in design, 2 works of art, that came from the USA.
You will also see why I went to so much trouble with the rods when I show a montage of broken rods.
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:56 PM   #644
Tech Elite

Default Re: RELAX

Quote:
Originally posted by kickass
Relax on the roller pin bearing thing you are jumping to conclusions777, you have been watching too many Bond movies.

I had 2 after market rods made for my engines
1- titanium with brass bushes
2 -T6 alloy with brass bushes
When I post the picks on rcunderground.net you will see a stock collari rod, a aftermarket alloy rod (more beefy) and the titanium rod similar size to the stock but much better in design, 2 works of art, that came from the USA.
You will also see why I went to so much trouble with the rods when I show a montage of broken rods.
Well I can't show at this moment, but within day or two I will put pics of conrod with needle roller bearing. I used for 3 years on tether boat ( it is about 25 gallons of fuel) and it is still in original condition.\
BTW, some people saw it alreadey in real life, here in southern California, a lot of people saw it from my hands, so please don't try to accuse me in photomontage.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 11-11-2003 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:17 PM   #645
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ187RC
1. Brandon MCnally
2. Mike Uhmino
3. Todd Bath

All were running MTX3's. I know Todd was running the 777 engine and was able to run 2 laps more than anyone else. It was a really good race as well. Had good power and fuel ecnomy.
I am the guy that was fortunate enough to run the Palmaris Racing modified MR12 at the ROAR Region 9 Champs. It was an awesome engine. It had great power, was easy to tune and didn't over heat. I raced against a couple Rodys, a Murnan Pixi and a couple other .12 mods of unknown make. The winner in the drag down the straight was mostly dependent on corner speed going onto the straights. The Rodys had a little better bottom end out of the hole but I don't think I had 1st gear quite right. Mid to Top end was pretty equal. I finished 3rd in the 20min. A-main with the Palmaris and had the fastest lap in the main by .05sec. but not the fastest of the weekend. One of my qualifiers had a pace 2sec behind TQ until my steering rod came loose, DOH!! I ran a fuel economy test on a slightly damp track that was about 3sec. per lap slower than dry. 1st tank 8:45sec, 2nd tank 8:20sec back to back. Temps <230F. I even made a rookie mistake and ran it a tad too lean during the trial but the temp still didn't break 230F and ran like a champ afterward. Talk about temp control! After the track dried up we ran the mains. I ran for 6:20 in the first stint of the Amain before running out of fuel and didn't ever take it easy on the throttle like I have to with other engines. 6min. between pitstops was easy. The Palmaris p/s still had pinch like my other engines just after they were broken in and this engine already had more than a gallon through it before I got it! TopGun 777 knows his stuff!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote