R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2003, 06:06 AM   #541
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Athens
Posts: 45
Default nitro sopercharger

Sounds good for squeezing more power out of your engine? Correct me if im worng but nothing is mentioned about run times.
czotalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:15 AM   #542
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Athens
Posts: 45
Default

What engine is everyone racing on their MTX-3?
I race with the stock engine that came with the kit. Just bought Novarossi NS12S3 JP Racing. After i break it in on the serpnet engine break-in bench i will race with the JP
What do you think about engine break-in bench? Has anyone used it?
czotalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:29 AM   #543
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Finaly got my Piston/sleeve/conrod sets on my hands, will post pics tonight or tommorow.
I wish some fuel company sponsor me with fuel for testing-6 sleeves and 12 pistons to test, will need 10-12 gallons

. . . . . would love to sponser you - willing to supply fuel, balance of engine parts, car and driver.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:36 AM   #544
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: Pinch at TDC

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRace
If I remove the glow plug and move the piston to TDC there's no longer a pinch. Would that definately mean it's time to get a new P/S? There's still compression with the glow plug in and I can rock it back and forth at TDC without losing compression. But I'm wondering about the pinch. Without the pinch then with the motor warm I'll probably lose compression.
As previously outlined, this is not necessarily a problem. Don't forget that when warm, the piston will expand more than the liner.
Our Rody has never had big static compression, but it goes like a cat with turpentine on it's whatchamacallits.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:17 AM   #545
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Piston/sleeve sets

Hi guys. Here are pics for my new P/S sets.
On the right side is ABC construction and left side is Berilium brass for sleeve. Centre is AAC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edik 050.jpg (119.1 KB, 176 views)
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:18 AM   #546
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default P/s sets

Here other pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edik 051.jpg (121.6 KB, 158 views)
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:19 AM   #547
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default P/S set

last pic
Different color means different material, Berilium brass is darker and much more hard to work with.
Conrods have eleptical profile insted of sharp knife as common, hope no need to explane why.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edik 057.jpg (122.0 KB, 151 views)
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:31 AM   #548
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
. . . . . would love to sponser you - willing to supply fuel, balance of engine parts, car and driver.
You got it! And I got!
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:10 AM   #549
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: Re: Pinch at TDC

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Don't forget that when warm, the piston will expand more than the liner.
This is patently wrong - what the heck was I thinking?

Obviously everything I know about engines could be scratched on the back of an asprin with a crow bar.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:11 AM   #550
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by czotalis
What engine is everyone racing on their MTX-3?
I race with the stock engine that came with the kit. Just bought Novarossi NS12S3 JP Racing. After i break it in on the serpnet engine break-in bench i will race with the JP
What do you think about engine break-in bench? Has anyone used it?
In my opinion this is the best and only one right way to run in engine. With right propeller you will keep heat cyckling in right level.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:18 AM   #551
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default Re: P/S set

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
last pic
Different color means different material, Berilium brass is darker and much more hard to work with.
Conrods have eleptical profile insted of sharp knife as common, hope no need to explane why.
Since we've established I know nothing about engines, I guess I can ask . . .

Presumably the elliptical profile is more aerodynamic than the typical knife edge, but maybe a little heavier?

. . . . and I notice an oil hole for the gudgeon pin?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:31 AM   #552
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'm guessing elliptacle shape is for strength.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:34 AM   #553
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
In my opinion this is the best and only one right way to run in engine. With right propeller you will keep heat cyckling in right level.
So what about wearing in the engine under the load it will be used, as in driving it in the car. I like to put the engine in the car, run a tank on the starter box to get a carb tune to starting temp. Then put the car down and run it partial throttle so the engine is driving the drivetrain.

But a stand would be more convenient since I wouldn't need the car or the space a car requires. I've been thinking of making my own stand, Serpent's is way too expensive. What's the best prop?
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #554
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Surge
So what about wearing in the engine under the load it will be used, as in driving it in the car. I like to put the engine in the car, run a tank on the starter box to get a carb tune to starting temp. Then put the car down and run it partial throttle so the engine is driving the drivetrain.

But a stand would be more convenient since I wouldn't need the car or the space a car requires. I've been thinking of making my own stand, Serpent's is way too expensive. What's the best prop?
I would suggest 4x3 will be OK, wooden.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:59 AM   #555
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: P/S set

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Since we've established I know nothing about engines, I guess I can ask . . .

Presumably the elliptical profile is more aerodynamic than the typical knife edge, but maybe a little heavier?

. . . . and I notice an oil hole for the gudgeon pin?
It defenetly has better aerodynamic and weight wise is the same.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RB Engine Thread snowboardgeek1 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 515 06-16-2017 11:28 AM
GRP... Engine... Thread... xlgraphicspro Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2135 09-10-2013 09:46 AM
OS TR engine thread compaq888 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 612 03-25-2006 05:55 AM
REX engine thread? factory racer Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 06-05-2005 10:42 AM
SH Engine thread ziggy12345 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 12 02-14-2005 01:48 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net