R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2003, 09:54 AM   #301
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
How sweet the Triple 7 looks. Anyone else wanna play Lucky 7's
It is on Sirio. I don't do Novas, it is prohibited by them. Sirio is Ok with that. So they will make profit and OS isOk with that too, they will make profit.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:47 PM   #302
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
It is on Sirio. I don't do Novas, it is prohibited by them. Sirio is Ok with that. So they will make profit and OS isOk with that too, they will make profit.
STS is OK,of course.
But we still poor.

No people wanna try Taiwanese engine because they still believe that they got how they pay for!So...How can you reprove them for going up in price?food for thought(the new phrase which I just learnt form here)...

Last edited by dino.tw; 09-18-2003 at 03:12 PM.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:29 PM   #303
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
STS is OK,of course.
But we still poor.

No people wanna try Taiwanese engine because they still believe that they got how they pay for!So...How can you reprove them for going up in price?food for thought(the new phrase which I just learnt form here)...
I dont understand why people think that low cost means poor performance. Any STS engine I have seen or tried here are really quick. I also had the privilege of trying the new 200mm 03 car. That is one beautiful looking and handling car. Shame there are only 2 on the country and our distributor wont sell them because he doesnt want to upset the Serpent dealers. Hopefully, that will change though.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:53 PM   #304
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
STS is OK,of course.
But we still poor.

No people wanna try Taiwanese engine because they still believe that they got how they pay for!So...How can you reprove them for going up in price?food for thought(the new phrase which I just learnt form here)...
I have never mentioned STS is bad engine, more then that seems for me the price is very fair and perfomance according to all owners are pretty good too. O have never had one and can't tell you my personal opinion. If you want to know my opinion send me one, I will torture it, will modded and let you know my personal opinion. I think I have an idea how the engine works,so you can relay on my opinion.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 04:23 PM   #305
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I have never mentioned STS is bad engine, more then that seems for me the price is very fair and perfomance according to all owners are pretty good too. O have never had one and can't tell you my personal opinion. If you want to know my opinion send me one, I will torture it, will modded and let you know my personal opinion. I think I have an idea how the engine works,so you can relay on my opinion.
Waht I meaning 'OK' is that we don't prohibit anyone to modify our engine.But where is our profit??

never mind.I like to joke....

You may not believe why I come here...Not for make money,Not for customer service,Yeah~just wanna learn more english

Last edited by dino.tw; 09-18-2003 at 04:32 PM.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 04:31 PM   #306
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I dont understand why people think that low cost means poor performance. Any STS engine I have seen or tried here are really quick. I also had the privilege of trying the new 200mm 03 car. That is one beautiful looking and handling car. Shame there are only 2 on the country and our distributor wont sell them because he doesnt want to upset the Serpent dealers. Hopefully, that will change though.
Thanks for your support,modellor.
That's ok.I only want more people would like to try our engine.I never care about kit's sales.Do you know why we produce that kit?Hehehe...We need a testing plane.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #307
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Thanks for your support,modellor.
That's ok.I only want more people would like to try our engine.I never care about kit's sales.Do you know why we produce that kit?Hehehe...We need a testing plane.
Hey dino I bought a STS pipe and thought is was pretty nice!! Where do you suggest I can buy a STS motor in Australia?

One suggestion i would like to make on the pipe is that you should have a hex or a flat machined into the pipe tips so that they can be more easily removed.

Last edited by AMGRacer; 09-18-2003 at 05:30 PM.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:46 PM   #308
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Hey dino I bought a STS pipe and thought is was pretty nice!! Where do you suggest I can buy a STS motor in Australia?

One suggestion i would like to make on the pipe is that you should have a hex or a flat machined into the pipe tips so that they can be more easily removed.
Contact : Michael
Tel:0397494977

Thanks for your suggestion.but if there is a hex or a flat machined into the pipe tips,it will be loosened when you hitting something.
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:50 PM   #309
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Thanks for your suggestion.but if there is a hex or a flat machined into the pipe tips,it will be loosened when you hitting something.
I dont quite understand this..................

Also I never crash
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:55 PM   #310
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I dont quite understand this..................

Also I never crash
Never?

That means not fast enough!
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 05:58 PM   #311
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Never?

That means not fast enough!


How do you at STS remove tips that have been involved in an "incident" and are damaged?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:07 PM   #312
Nitro Tech
 
dino.tw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I can drive!
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer


How do you at STS remove tips that have been involved in an "incident" and are damaged?
Turn me this time,I dont understand what you mean...
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:20 PM   #313
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Turn me this time,I dont understand what you mean...
This is the pipe that I have.



If I damage the shiny part (the optional stinger part) how is the best way to remove? I have locktite it in there and it is very firm.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:25 PM   #314
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
This is the pipe that I have.



If I damage the shiny part (the optional stinger part) how is the best way to remove? I have locktite it in there and it is very firm.
Very nice looking pipe, I want to one of those!
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 06:30 PM   #315
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TG777 mod engine

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Very nice looking pipe, I want to one of those!
Best part is it is ULTRA CHEAP!! Quality is high, material is hard and you can make outlaw or not outlaw by changing the stinger.

I got mine for US$34 for pipe manifold and springs
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RB Engine Thread snowboardgeek1 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 515 06-16-2017 11:28 AM
GRP... Engine... Thread... xlgraphicspro Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2135 09-10-2013 09:46 AM
OS TR engine thread compaq888 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 612 03-25-2006 05:55 AM
REX engine thread? factory racer Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 06-05-2005 10:42 AM
SH Engine thread ziggy12345 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 12 02-14-2005 01:48 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:55 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net