R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-09-2003, 03:26 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If somebody can tell me, how much the modding can costs. I am talking about fair price, not raping. Any idea?
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 05:16 PM   #197
Tech Adept

TG,,

I guess that is something fair that you say,, you deserve first some recognition for your work,, its that the way you want to run your buisness its OK, for me,, all engine modifiers here , have their reputation, so I can wait for your big inaguration of selling modified engines,, no problem bro!!,, only keep the hard work and first of all , costumer support is the key to succes on this buissnes ,,

Ciao!!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 05:35 PM   #198
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
TG,,

I guess that is something fair that you say,, you deserve first some recognition for your work,, its that the way you want to run your buisness its OK, for me,, all engine modifiers here , have their reputation, so I can wait for your big inaguration of selling modified engines,, no problem bro!!,, only keep the hard work and first of all , costumer support is the key to succes on this buissnes ,,

Ciao!!!
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:07 PM   #199
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Sleeve desings

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Actualy all sleeves pretty similar, beside there are different piston and sleeve materials, tapering geometry and ports direction.
You are right the world is too small and it is our responsobility to make it even smaller. If we help each other it will be like one family.
Are there more than one person writing your posts ? Becasue some of your posts is different than others (the wordings, spelling....), or is it just me ?
Jump 7 Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 09:32 AM   #200
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeve desings

Quote:
Originally posted by Jump 7 Miles
Are there more than one person writing your posts ? Becasue some of your posts is different than others (the wordings, spelling....), or is it just me ?
Yes defenetly more then one, whole Russian mafia headquoter doing it. Some of them, you know, just don't speak anything, some of them realy big guys. But belive me all ideas are mine.
BTW, at list your english looks pretty good for me.
I am inviting you to my home to have some coffe and chat about engines and you will find out more about me (r u in LA?)
Old 09-10-2003, 09:43 AM   #201
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeve desings

Quote:
Yes defenetly more then one, whole Russian mafia headquoter doing it. Some of them, you know, just don't speak anything, some of them realy big guys. But belive me all ideas are mine.
Please send by PM your rates, have some itchy neighbors that I want to be ditched... (Are possible discounts by volume? )
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:04 PM   #202
Tech Fanatic

Default Been there!

I used to build real race car engines for years and I would like to point out a few things. First of all I think Topgun is right for not showing pictures. I'm sure he's had his share of mishaps on porting as all of us who got into engine mods. It's trial and error but when you hit one port or mod that works, then you refine it to get the most out of it. It's fruitless to devote countless hours, then post pictures only to have anyone copy it! So I dont think it's selfish at all for Topgun not to show pics. NEXT and this is a biggie !!! If a guy tells you he is great at modifying motors and tells you how he "does (balancing and blueprinting)", my advice would be to walk away. It drives me crazy when I hear the phrase "blueprinting". The fact is its just not done by engine modifiers! Im not going to bore you with what blueprinting really means unless you would like me to explain it! If thats the case I would be glad to.
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 12:35 PM   #203
Tech Elite

Default Re: Been there!

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
I used to build real race car engines for years and I would like to point out a few things. First of all I think Topgun is right for not showing pictures. I'm sure he's had his share of mishaps on porting as all of us who got into engine mods. It's trial and error but when you hit one port or mod that works, then you refine it to get the most out of it. It's fruitless to devote countless hours, then post pictures only to have anyone copy it! So I dont think it's selfish at all for Topgun not to show pics. NEXT and this is a biggie !!! If a guy tells you he is great at modifying motors and tells you how he "does (balancing and blueprinting)", my advice would be to walk away. It drives me crazy when I hear the phrase "blueprinting". The fact is its just not done by engine modifiers! Im not going to bore you with what blueprinting really means unless you would like me to explain it! If thats the case I would be glad to.
hey Hellion.I agree with some of your words and disagree in the same time.
It is not I am afraid somebody will copy my work, it is impossible to keep this kind of secrets for long and it will be posted sooner or later. The thing is I don't want to my work by copied before winternats, it will be first biggest event where my work will be represented. I mode a lot of engines for my friends (H, Australia etc) they are running them. I have bunch of engines running here in LA too. I am not offering for sale my work and i don't want to someone makes money from coping my designs before me
Even I asked how much the real price for modding is-still can't get an unswer, I just was wondring what the people thinks about the price. I heard some modifiers are overcharging, I don't want to be one of them. I want to be better in perfomance and cheaper in price. I think it is normal.
About blueprinting it is realy tricki-I am assuming when someone making modding they do whole engine drawings, but it is hell of work and I don't realy think it is neccessary to make drawings on existing engine. Or may be I understood word blue printing wrong (my english issue)
BTW, thinking modding is just porting and polishing-totaly wrong aproch from my point of view
Old 09-10-2003, 04:54 PM   #204
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey TG.. got your pm. check yours...
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 05:56 PM   #205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi tg I saw the engine you worked on for my
cousine Ron and it is fast. I can't wait to see
the other engine R1 that you did full work on.

I thought blue printing was full balancing of
the engine that is my understanding for full
scall engines I don't know how it is used
for r/c as far as language goes.

when i had my full scale car engine worked
on a few years ago the machine shop checked
to make sure all the rods were the same weight
and had the crank fully balanced.
they used the term static balancing and dynamic
balancing. dynamic making sure the crank was
balanced when in motion.

Any way the engine you worked on was awsome
Old 09-10-2003, 06:04 PM   #206
Tech Prophet

Default .21 Engines

Top Gun, are you working on any .21 engines for the Worlds? Anybody driving your engines for that race?

The worlds is a nice window of opportunity
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 06:31 PM   #207
Tech Elite

Default Re: .21 Engines

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Top Gun, are you working on any .21 engines for the Worlds? Anybody driving your engines for that race?

The worlds is a nice window of opportunity
I did one, but not sure if it will be use there. Most likely couple will be at Las Vegas (it seems like full range-.12; .15 & .21)
I am about to make some more tests with .21 to find out full range of possobilities. It works on .12, but not tested on .21 yet.
I am very interesting on it too.
Our goal is winternats, I belive, we will be prepare much better and we will have not modded, new stuff. Modded will back up or as promotion for other drivers, at list this is our plan.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 09-10-2003 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:35 PM   #208
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
Hi tg I saw the engine you worked on for my
cousine Ron and it is fast. I can't wait to see
the other engine R1 that you did full work on.

I thought blue printing was full balancing of
the engine that is my understanding for full
scall engines I don't know how it is used
for r/c as far as language goes.

when i had my full scale car engine worked
on a few years ago the machine shop checked
to make sure all the rods were the same weight
and had the crank fully balanced.
they used the term static balancing and dynamic
balancing. dynamic making sure the crank was
balanced when in motion.

Any way the engine you worked on was awsome
Thanks for good words.
Where is yours, I supose to work on?
Old 09-10-2003, 09:01 PM   #209
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeve desings

Quote:
BTW, at list your english looks pretty good for me.
I am inviting you to my home to have some coffe and chat about engines and you will find out more about me (r u in LA?)

Yes, I live in LA and I might take up your offer one of these day.

One of your posts talked about lapping the piston and sleeve before break in the engine and what I want to ask is what should be the fit between the piston and sleeve, slip fit or interference fit? And when you lap the piston and sleeve, do you consider what temperature the engine is going to run at and then determine the fit?

Thanks in advance.

WT
Jump 7 Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 11:04 PM   #210
Tech Fanatic

Default heyyyy

I just used the sleeve as an example there top gun! There are many other things that can be done . My engines are extremely fast extremely illegal and are extremely fuel efficient! OK that last one was pure B.S. they guzzel gas like a V8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga0462.jpg (117.5 KB, 152 views)
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote