R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-08-2003, 02:02 PM   #181
Tech Adept

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hey, I can put pics of my work, but it will be copying right a way and I don't want to somebody screw it up before winter nats. One thing I can tell you, there is something is realy unusual and everybody who saw it, so far felt down when they see it. But again, I don't want to anybody copy my designs before winternats. I am very sorry abou it, but it will be like that. So let's be patient and just couple month left.
Ok!! no problem, but , how can I buy something that I don't see!! even now how it performs,, I read you guys have a couple of drivers around the world but here in Puerto Rico, I don't see any of them ,, when you go buy a Murnan modified ,, you see pics of their work and some feedback here in the forums, when you buy a Ritchey modified , you see pics, and a lot of feedbacks here in the forums, when you buy a Smeltz modified ,, you see pics, and more feedbacks here ,, so whats the deal,, all the info you have leave here is very helpfull,, thanks for that,, but some light before the darkness is very helpfull too!!

Ciao!!
paulfitipauldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:46 PM   #182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
Ok!! no problem, but , how can I buy something that I don't see!! even now how it performs,, I read you guys have a couple of drivers around the world but here in Puerto Rico, I don't see any of them ,, when you go buy a Murnan modified ,, you see pics of their work and some feedback here in the forums, when you buy a Ritchey modified , you see pics, and a lot of feedbacks here in the forums, when you buy a Smeltz modified ,, you see pics, and more feedbacks here ,, so whats the deal,, all the info you have leave here is very helpfull,, thanks for that,, but some light before the darkness is very helpfull too!!

Ciao!!
Hey, all modifiers you named here-they are selling their work, but as I remember, I didn't sell and even not offer to sell here anything. So far I made more then 50 engines for last 3 month and didn't ask penny for it.
Yes we do have drivers around the world who is testing my modding. So far I have only good feedback from them and some of them not only happy and also ask for more engines to be done.
I have offer to everybody my help to modding engines before, with no charge, a lot of people just regret my help and some of them call me errogant idiot. So, do you think after this words I will put my pics here before my modding will be recognized on official competitons? No, sorry, three days before winternats I will put here pics of all my modding, even to explane why I am doing it and what is behind my theory is. It will happened only in that time.
I belive I have already disclose couple valuble tips here as relaping piston/sleeve sets, to make run in time shorter and what it will affect in that case, I disclose info about glow plugs , which is most likely will be use by our team, I disclose what kind of material I am designed to use for Sleeves. I think it is enough info for now. I am not rush to became a public modifier, I am not professional here, it is my hobby and have fun do the engines.
So you have no choice to belive what people say about my work or just don't belive, But again, I will not put any pics now, because I know it will be copied right a way, but the thing is, it will be copied wrong and I will be accused in missguyding.
This is only I can tell you for now.
Sorry about that, I hope evrybody will anderstand why I am like that. If somebody wants talk to me about my modding for them, they have to contact to me personaly not through the forrum.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 09-08-2003 at 06:25 PM.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:10 PM   #183
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey, all modifiers you named here-they are selling their work, but as I remember, I didn't sell and even not offer to sell here anything. So far I made more then 50 engines for last 3 month and didn't ask penny for it.
Yes we do have drivers around the world who is testing my modding. So far I have only good feedback from them and some of them not only happy and also ask for more engines to be done.
I have offer to everybody my help to modding engines before, with no charge, a lot of people just regret my help and some of them call me errogant idiot. So, do you think after this words I will put my pics here before my modding will be recognized on official competitons? No, sorry, three days before winternats I will put here pics of all my modding, even to explane why I am doing it and what is behind my theory is. It will happened only in that time.
I belive I have already disclose couple valuble tips here as relaping piston/sleeve sets, to make run in time shorter and what it will affect in that case, I disclose info about glow plugs , which is most likely will be use by our team, I disclose what kind of material I am designed to use for Sleeves. I think it is enough info for now. I am not rush to became a public modifier, I am not professional here, it is my hobby and have fun do the engines.
So you have no choice to belive what people about my work or just don't belive, But again, I will not put any pics now, because I know it will be copied right a way, but the thing is, it will be copied wrong and I will be accused in missguyding.
This is only I can tell you for now.
Sorry about that, I hope evrybody will anderstand why I am like that. If somebody wants talk to me about my modding for them, they have to contact to me personaly not through the forrum.
you have PM sir..

thanks in advance..

Last edited by Vinyard; 09-08-2003 at 06:39 PM.
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 02:00 AM   #184
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes we will. But why everybody wants to have scoop? There is something better is available, but unfortunatelly not suitable for every cranckshaft.
Tl2111 will run on your nats in October modded by me IFMAR legal Sirio.
OK, great. I'm certainly no expert on scoops - I don't care if it has a pink petticoat as long as it goes.

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye on Tommy.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 09:43 AM   #185
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye on Tommy.
Might be too late!!!!!!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #186
Tech Elite

Hey guys.
Yesterday was working on .21 Novarossi R1. Found the same thing as in JP. The hole in the wrist pin was full of garbage (brand new engine). Specialy on Novarossi where hole on the pin looks toward to booster (JP toward to exhaust).
Just try to help you prevent ruin your engines. It is second time I found garbage in that hole.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #187
Tech Elite

Default Sleeve desings

Check this out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sleeve1.jpg (60.4 KB, 212 views)
Old 09-09-2003, 11:34 AM   #188
Tech Elite

One more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sleeve.jpg (87.8 KB, 178 views)
Old 09-09-2003, 11:38 AM   #189
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey guys.
Yesterday was working on .21 Novarossi R1. Found the same thing as in JP. The hole in the wrist pin was full of garbage (brand new engine). Specialy on Novarossi where hole on the pin looks toward to booster (JP toward to exhaust).
Just try to help you prevent ruin your engines. It is second time I found garbage in that hole.
I have also noticed that on the R1's the crank pin on some motors is less than the .196 inches that it is supposed to be. Looks like Novarossi needs to check their quality control.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 12:39 PM   #190
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Sleeve desings

Quote:
Check this out.

It's similar to STS new 5port sleeve?!

The world is too small.....
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 12:57 PM   #191
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey, I can put pics of my work, but it will be copying right a way and I don't want to somebody screw it up before winter nats. One thing I can tell you, there is something is realy unusual and everybody who saw it, so far felt down when they see it. But again, I don't want to anybody copy my designs before winternats. I am very sorry abou it, but it will be like that. So let's be patient and just couple month left.
TG: You as others on this thread and forums will agree on me that isn't only how fancy or different can look a transfer, the shape of a port, many times is a matter of distribution and work on the crank and exhaust transfer. A sleeve porting makes a difference, but what separates the big boys from the childs many times are the data and other sneak details.

How many will caught on a slightly reshaped low-end needle who alters the fuel curve and gives you better driveability on low to mid rpms? or how many can notice a rifle bored crank channel or a modded crankcase?
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:02 PM   #192
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Sleeve desings

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw

It's similar to STS new 5port sleeve?!

The world is too small.....
Actualy all sleeves pretty similar, beside there are different piston and sleeve materials, tapering geometry and ports direction.
You are right the world is too small and it is our responsobility to make it even smaller. If we help each other it will be like one family.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:58 PM   #193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
TG: You as others on this thread and forums will agree on me that isn't only how fancy or different can look a transfer, the shape of a port, many times is a matter of distribution and work on the crank and exhaust transfer. A sleeve porting makes a difference, but what separates the big boys from the childs many times are the data and other sneak details.

How many will caught on a slightly reshaped low-end needle who alters the fuel curve and gives you better driveability on low to mid rpms? or how many can notice a rifle bored crank channel or a modded crankcase?
Actualy, due to the my English, I am not clear about your question here. Are you asking real data and pics? Or you try to say: "show to me your work and anyway I won't be alble to repeat it".
If I am right, I just want ot remember to you this replay you put 4 month ago:

"Squirrely subject but, best I can say is to test, test, test. Got some real and serious Horsepower but needed to pay some kind of high price in spares and time to achieve this. I can talk about anything you want, but don't ask me for pictures or concrete data. I can provide you or whatever they want to read the concepts and basics, but not finished product.

I'm protecting myself from the same that happened to Dennis Richey and many others, but willing to help the people, you may only need some imagination and a steady hand with your dremel."

Do I have to follow your idea from this post? Or I have to be an errogan idiot to disclose my work.
We will go around forever like this, but I won't disclose my data. I am protecting myself and my friends.
Som lets talk about general points and principals and don't go further.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:05 PM   #194
Tech Elite

Quote:
Actualy, due to the my English, I am not clear about your question here. Are you asking real data and pics? Or you try to say: "show to me your work and anyway I won't be alble to repeat it".
If I am right, I just want ot remember to you this replay you put 4 month ago:

Do I have to follow your idea from this post? Or I have to be an errogan idiot to disclose my work.
We will go around forever like this, but I won't disclose my data. I am protecting myself and my friends.
Som lets talk about general points and principals and don't go further.
Nope, don't take me wrong. I don't want to see photos of your work, but you will be quite sure that you work will be examined and copied by some people. And many of those people will don't caught that the most difference is in other places rather than focusing on the sleeve (like many copycaters do).

That's why I said this. Porting the sleeve by itself makes a slight difference, but you need to pair it with modifications around all the engine, and this is a small detail that many people don't pay attention. Afterall, porting the sleeve with sucess is a matter of velocity and flow.

The unique way to protect your work will be not disclosing to general public, but seems that isn't the main direction.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D

Last edited by Corse-R; 09-09-2003 at 03:17 PM.
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:22 PM   #195
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Nope, don't take me wrong. I don't want to see photos of your work, but you will be quite sure that you work will be examined by the people. And many of those people will don't caught that the most difference is in other places than on the sleeve.

That's why I said this. Porting the sleeve by itself makes a slight difference, but you need to pair it with modifications around all the engine, and this is a small detail that many people don't pay attention. Afterall, porting the sleeve is a matter of velocity and flow.
No Cors, I didn't took you wrong, everything is cool.
Yes my engines already been examinated and couple things some guys were able to understand
About the sleeve-I agree with you on 50 %. Yest it is velocity, yest it is flow, but what about direction where mixture will go? What about how much will be transfer from case to combustion chamber?
You see, so many thing are comming together and it is not just that simple. The engine is close loop system and changing one parameter, will need to adjust the rest too. we put cuts n sleeve to increase velocity, but we are forgeting about the mixture will shoot to frong place and some problem will be follow that modding. I had that kind of problem too. When I tried to alter something and forgot to follow it, "bams"-overheating and doesn't want to work.
You are absolutly right about everything is important, I agree with you 100% and only full understanding how the engine works will give some benefit to racer who wants modify engine (the other benefit is working techniques-dremel, needle file, lapping compaund etc). Oh, one more thing, how do you wash your engine after you work on it? I am boiling it in soap water for 30 minuts. and after that use Kerosine and any mineral oil.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 09-09-2003 at 04:22 PM.