R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-03-2003, 03:17 PM   #151
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Doesn't sound perfect for me. Coompression has to be much less under this temperature and brack in suppose to be easier then rocket since. But it is my opinion and can be mistaken.
Haven't said that those P/S didn't lose compression at those temps (who certainly loses some compression), but is their particular strenght to whitstand high temperatures without damaging the piston and the sleeve.

Measured the taper of the sleeve and found that curiously has slightly less taper than Novarrosi usually put on their sleeves. Is the piston the one that makes the difference.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 03:29 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Haven't said that those P/S didn't lose compression at those temps (who certainly loses some compression), but is their particular strenght to whitstand high temperatures without damaging the piston and the sleeve.

Measured the taper of the sleeve and found that curiously has slightly less taper than Novarrosi usually put on their sleeves. Is the piston the one that makes the difference.
It is possible they got material with smaller temp expention coeficient, so they went with smaller tappering ( how smaller, it alread was too small).
About Aluminium alloys-they can withstand much higher load (temp and force) then we have on combustion chamber, it is not a point.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #153
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed De
Or does it???
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:34 PM   #154
Tech Elite

Quote:

I made a lot of chemical analizes and found all novas pistons are from different alloysl, with different SILICON content. Want to check from NS3 too, but don't have broken piston yet.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:30 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Quote:
It is possible they got material with smaller temp expention coeficient, so they went with smaller tappering ( how smaller, it alread was too small).
We're talking about 0.04mm of taper, enough small considering that previous S3 P/S sleeved that I've had ranged from 0.07 to 0.09. Considered it too small and lapped slightly the piston (very slight lapping).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 09-03-2003, 06:33 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
What happens when you use a non tubo plub in a turbo engine?
Simply you cannot, shapes are phisically different and you cannot completely insert an non-turbo plug into a turbo plug head. In the inverse case I think that's possible, but the fail in the sealing will harm the combustion chamber seal.

Better to use the intended plugs in your engine head.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:19 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Quote:
We're talking about 0.04mm of taper, enough small considering that previous S3 P/S sleeved that I've had ranged from 0.07 to 0.09. Considered it too small and lapped slightly the piston (very slight lapping).
Now, I want to test for chemical analizes that piston! Are they going to CMB case?
Old 09-04-2003, 02:25 AM   #158
Tech Elite

Quote:
Now, I want to test for chemical analizes that piston! Are they going to CMB case?
Uhm... really, don't know what are doing actually CMB, mine days of bitching with CMB's, Cipollas and Piccos are very very deep in the past. Except the Sirios I actually have, Last Non Nova based engine was a Picco KSR who was somewhat crappy in performance (for not saying that was a POS).
Old 09-04-2003, 06:36 AM   #159
Tech Master

I just checked my NS3 race and the slug (bit at the top of the head) doesnt have a tapered hole so will only accept normal plugs. The crank is still a turbo crank

I also checked my Rossi Pixy Black and this is the same!! Do you have to specify that you want a full turbo engine when you buy it or are they supposed to come wth a turbo slug?

Whats the difference in power between the normal head and the turbo on the same engine?

Thanks
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 07:43 AM   #160
Tech Master

I have just been on to Novarossi and the NS3 race sold in the USA is the ROAR legal version with a normal head and normal plug and with a different crank.

To bring the engine to top powere you need to fit a turbo slug and plug and a new crankshaft part no 15615

Has anybody got any experiance with this crank shaft?

Cheers
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 09:45 AM   #161
Tech Elite

Quote:
Uhm... really, don't know what are doing actually CMB, mine days of bitching with CMB's, Cipollas and Piccos are very very deep in the past. Except the Sirios I actually have, Last Non Nova based engine was a Picco KSR who was somewhat crappy in performance (for not saying that was a POS).
I am playing with any engines around. worse engine so far from top line is Picco ( it has never been good sonce came on market 15 or so years ago). I tryed that brand 15 years ago, was the same-crap. I know some tether cars guys got some good results out of it, but most likely they use their P/S sets and conrods. On our track I saw .21 Collary two engines, where sleeve was broken on two pices on the ports area, with no reason at all.
About the CMB, I played with one of new version, actualy it is running pretty good, but they make this Mikkey mouse ears scoops on both side -it is mistake on my opinion, also materials and geometry set ups on P/S sts are totaly new and I can't tell you yet how long it will run, actual temp is very low-190-195 deg, and it is peforming pretty good. As soon As I got life lenght result I will let know. It is very easy to tune, But any way CMB isn't top of the line engine by design and if anybody considering to use as engine # 1 needs to be very carefull ( I am not going to use , unless I will change P/S set to mine). Also backplate with that labirinth-looks just sweet, but I am not sure if designer knew why he was doing it. If he thinks mixture shoot to the crankcase? Just sweet.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:49 AM   #162
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
To bring the engine to top powere you need to fit a turbo slug and plug and a new crankshaft part no 15615

Has anybody got any experiance with this crank shaft?
Probably you're referring to the 'wide timing' crank that was used in the 5port versions. It really raises the power, but at the cost of losing a tad of low-end.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:24 AM   #163
Tech Elite

Hi guys.
Yesterday I was working on JP .21 P/S set (was lapping it) and have noticed something weird. You know the wriste pin has hole inside, so it was full of metall debries there. If that set will install like that on engine-it will be dead in second. Have check yours new P/S sets, you might have the same problem. It is just advice for everybody.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:36 PM   #164
Tech Fanatic

Top Gun,

What's this i read about a MPP777 mod motor?
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 12:25 AM   #165
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Top Gun,

What's this i read about a MPP777 mod motor?
there is maximum performance project, there is maximun performance parts, i guess this one must be maximum performance porting
Data is offline   Reply With Quote