R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-31-2004, 05:50 PM   #1426
Tech Adept

Spenzalii

Sorry your busy on saturdays; maybe one day we
can hook up once my LD3 is built, for some pointers on the car.

On another note me and a few other drivers are looking to
run F201's at Doug's, one or two people have already been
testing their cars. Looks like 19t is the motor of choice.

VRF201

P.S. Hopefully I'm talking to the right person (about F201's)
if not, sorry for any confusion.
VRF201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:05 PM   #1427
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Maybe so. I get down there maybe once a month, and may race, so you might catch me lurking around there. Since I am running the Fastlane series on Sundays (every other Sunday), I like to use Dougs as a warm up to get any bugs out the set up. The last time I ran there, though, I tore up my front end. The car got hooked on a nail they keep the pipes down. Wasn't a pretty site.

I hear they're thinking about the F201s (I want a Williams body!). I think Mimi already runs them at The Track. But they have to do something to kepe the electric alive out there. It's becoming a dying breed. After all the cheating that went on last year, most people just bailed and got a nitro.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:31 AM   #1428
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
We have been using the the machine screws from the one-way. If you'll give me till Tuesday, I'll post the part number for you. With the machine screws you should not have a problem with the screws coming loose.
The part number for the screws is 94052.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #1429
Tech Master

I found the m2x8 screws on Tower. I hope to have them by Friday. The gears and clutch springs should be in tomorrow. I can't believe I broke a clutch spring. It just snapped off the clutch shoe. Ah yeah, and I have to cut out one of the motor mount screws...
Old 06-02-2004, 08:51 PM   #1430
sup
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
I found the m2x8 screws on Tower. I hope to have them by Friday. The gears and clutch springs should be in tomorrow. I can't believe I broke a clutch spring. It just snapped off the clutch shoe. Ah yeah, and I have to cut out one of the motor mount screws...
it happens spenz, i broke mine when i was still in the break-in stage of my engin.
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:31 AM   #1431
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Well Spen Im gonna bring the ld3 back. But what motor should I get I have a Choice between a Ofna/picco the 3prt one and maybe the sts Mt.12. I want a motor no more expensive then about 125. Any body got any suggestions.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:59 AM   #1432
Tech Master

nsx, good to see you're still out there. Why's you decide to go back with the LD3? I thought that R40 was going to work for you... As for the engine, either you mentioned will do in that price range. As always, it pays to shop around. The local shops will invariably be more expensive than a mail order, and we won't even mention eBay...

All my parts managed to come in yesterday. Go I got the diffs rebuild, got the diff sludge in there (300k front, 100k rear), the 2x8 taping scews (they shouldn't back out or leak as tight as it is now), 1.1 Ofna clutch springs and the Hong Nor spring set (hard up front, less hard in rear, right?). Now I may get a clue what this engine will do...
Old 06-04-2004, 03:40 PM   #1433
Tech Fanatic

The R40 is working perfect just orderd a new starter box. It was on the verge of getting sold bet luckily the man backed out so im gonna use it as a back up. Well Ebay is another story I registerd not to long ago and got some R40 parts. Right now I need a servo arm for the throttle and a brake polee thingy. and maybe a new sterring servo someting with some torque and speed.Can u recommend a cheap one.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:56 AM   #1434
sup
Tech Addict

spenz, hard up front and softer in the rear. thats what the ntc3 guys have been using ever since so it might do well too in the LD3. ill be trying same springs when i have the time though. just for testing purposes just wondering, the ntc3 guys (maybe a lot of them) are using 3deg camber front and rear, anyone try this? whats the advantage for using this amount of camber up front?
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 06:51 AM   #1435
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by nsxshogun
The R40 is working perfect just orderd a new starter box. It was on the verge of getting sold bet luckily the man backed out so im gonna use it as a back up. Well Ebay is another story I registerd not to long ago and got some R40 parts. Right now I need a servo arm for the throttle and a brake polee thingy. and maybe a new sterring servo someting with some torque and speed.Can u recommend a cheap one.

One of the better servos for the money has got to be the JR. It's only about $49 retail and it has metal gears and a bunch or torque
elmar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:12 PM   #1436
Tech Master

I second that servo recomendation there. I think that JR has about 142 oz torque at .17 sec transmit speed...A bit overkill but very hard to beat. Futaba makes a very strong, low cost one as well (I have that one in mine, it was under $35 at Tower), but I think the transmit speed is around .20.

Sup: That's what I thought on the springs. I have the Hong NOr yellow up front and the white in the back (or is that the other way around, can't remember now). If memory serves, the heaviest spring is somewhere around 40 or 45. I have to look when I get home. Now to get some tires, and maybe a pipe
Old 06-05-2004, 02:39 PM   #1437
Tech Fanatic

I have teh Jr one in my R40 right now. So I may look for that futabuta one. Hey spen are you doing something with that old Cv-r cause I'd take it off your hands for you.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:37 PM   #1438
Tech Adept

I'm finally finishing the build on my ld3 pro and my steering is binding badly. I am assuming that I must have built the steering/servo saver too tight. Does that sound right to you guys? This is my first build not sure what else the problem could be. Please advise
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #1439
Tech Adept

Should I just loosen the two nuts on the top of the steering assembly and test?? Thanks guys
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:15 PM   #1440
Tech Regular

Lossen them up just enough to have them move freely, but with as little vert play as possible. The bushings don't help you much there. Get the ALU servo saver if you can, get upgrade. There you wont have to worry about having the up and down play and the mechanism should work properly.

Good luck,
havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote