R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-25-2004, 03:49 AM   #1381
Tech Apprentice

Wow!! That is in-depth. I'll print off these ideas and make sure I keep them. Thanks for all the help guys. Sounds like I'll have to make a few purchases on springs and silicon oil. Ah well, what else would I spend my money on?
Browny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:02 AM   #1382
Tech Fanatic

i have a real problem with on power steering... like i mean theres none whatsoever.. so what was explained before would help it? what about trying 1.5 anti squat blocks on the rear and leaving 0 on the front??
Old 05-25-2004, 03:58 PM   #1383
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Team-RTR
i have a real problem with on power steering... like i mean theres none whatsoever.. so what was explained before would help it? what about trying 1.5 anti squat blocks on the rear and leaving 0 on the front??
Read DTM's previous post, he's got some good suggestions. I think the 1.5's in front will make it push worse on-power. Maybe the 1.5 in front....hmmm.

What pistons are you using in the shocks?
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #1384
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Read DTM's previous post, he's got some good suggestions. I think the 1.5's in front will make it push worse on-power. Maybe the 1.5 in front....hmmm.

What pistons are you using in the shocks?
Kev,

Where have you been??

Chris
Old 05-25-2004, 04:45 PM   #1385
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
Kev,

Where have you been??

Chris
Working, painting... How's the car(s)?
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:02 PM   #1386
Tech Adept

Exclamation Ofna Parts Support

Okay I'm rather frustrated here...

I work at AVF Hobbies in London Canada and the owners of this store and a few local racers jumped on the Ofna LD3 band wagon for this seasons sedan racing on my recommendation and after seeing my Hong Nor champ. Now to date we have been trying to get parts for the LD3 cars via 3 distribution sources....Great Planes, Horizon Hobby and High Performance RC with very little if any success. We even called Ofna USA directly to try and get parts but Mary suggested High Performance RC in British Columbia as our best bet so we went that route....to date and over a month later we still have no A arms, no fuel tanks, no gears, no option parts etc etc and I got people breathing down my neck because they can't race their car cause it's broke High performance RC says our Ofna items are all back ordered so I guess what I'm asking is that can one of you employed by Ofna guys that visit this thread give me some indication as to when or where I can get some LD3 parts for my customers with relative ease ? On another note I'd like to mention that I've yet to race my LD3 Champ car this season because I can't locate some 15 and 19 tooth pinions for the centax clutch it came equipped with nor can I locate some diff gears and plastic parts so as to build up a front diff to replace the oneway that I don't want to use on our club track. Yea I've tried the Nitro House thing but Nitro House appears not very willing to deal with anything outside the USA ? I've even tried to get my own personal parts from Stormer, Ace, Larry's etc so I can race it but no replies have came regarding the parts list I've emailed to them Why is that ? Is it just as tough to get parts support for Ofna stuff in the USA ? Anyway the company I work for is the largest hobby retailer in south western Ontario and Ofna is missing out on a good opportunity to move some product here simply for the fact that we can't get what the people want....heck people would come to us from hundreds of miles away if it was known that we were a good source for Ofna's goods....and trust me we'd love to get Ofna's stuff to the people.....so C'mon Help Us Out Ofna !

Funny, I just remembered that we scrapped the idea of promoting and selling the OB4 line a couple of years back because we sold 3 and had zero luck supporting the customers who purchased them with replacement parts
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:34 PM   #1387
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Working, painting... How's the car(s)?
The sedan is getting pretty good. I built a new car with a new motor and pipe and didn't run into any problems over the weekend. Handling wise the car was pretty good with a set up close to Darin Ishitani's. I tried running with Jeffery Lin but he's got his CD3 on rails. He had a 16.1 in qualifying Sunday.

The Evolva is good. I managed some 14.5's with it. I'm sure I'll get better with it when I get some more track time. I need to change a little in the set-up and get a little more comfortable with the car.

Are you getting caught with painting? I'm in need. The silver in black paint jobs are killing me.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:41 PM   #1388
Tech Elite

Default Re: Ofna Parts Support

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveG

I work at AVF Hobbies in London Canada and the owners of this store and a few local racers jumped on the Ofna LD3 band wagon for this seasons sedan racing on my recommendation and after seeing my Hong Nor champ. Now to date we have been trying to get parts for the LD3 cars via 3 distribution sources....Great Planes, Horizon Hobby and High Performance RC with very little if any success. We even called Ofna USA directly to try and get parts but Mary suggested High Performance RC in British Columbia as our best bet so we went that route....to date and over a month later we still have no A arms, no fuel tanks, no gears, no option parts etc etc and I got people breathing down my neck because they can't race their car cause it's broke High performance RC says our Ofna items are all back ordered so I guess what I'm asking is that can one of you employed by Ofna guys that visit this thread give me some indication as to when or where I can get some LD3 parts for my customers with relative ease ? On another note I'd like to mention that I've yet to race my LD3 Champ car this season because I can't locate some 15 and 19 tooth pinions for the centax clutch it came equipped with nor can I locate some diff gears and plastic parts so as to build up a front diff to replace the oneway that I don't want to use on our club track. Yea I've tried the Nitro House thing but Nitro House appears not very willing to deal with anything outside the USA ? I've even tried to get my own personal parts from Stormer, Ace, Larry's etc so I can race it but no replies have came regarding the parts list I've emailed to them Why is that ? Is it just as tough to get parts support for Ofna stuff in the USA ? Anyway the company I work for is the largest hobby retailer in south western Ontario and Ofna is missing out on a good opportunity to move some product here simply for the fact that we can't get what the people want....heck people would come to us from hundreds of miles away if it was known that we were a good source for Ofna's goods....and trust me we'd love to get Ofna's stuff to the people.....so C'mon Help Us Out Ofna !

Funny, I just remembered that we scrapped the idea of promoting and selling the OB4 line a couple of years back because we sold 3 and had zero luck supporting the customers who purchased them with replacement parts

Parts support for the LD3 is not a problem in the US. I know that OFNA has plenty of parts for the LD3. It may be that some of the hobby stores choose not to carry the parts.

You may want to try Mary at OFNA again and explain the situation your in. Maybe she can help you out.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:20 PM   #1389
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You could try www.rc-mushroom.com
There in Hong Kong...but I have had excellent service from them here in the U.S. Got my parts in 4 days. Ok....I will admit shipping is probably going to be a bit more expensive, but there parts are also a lil less expensive than NitroHouse, and like i said..I got my stuff from them in 4 days...Nitrohouse took over a week once, when I ordered from them. Go figure...Hong Kong to CT = 4 days,
Cali to CT = over a week???? Also, they will special order items. This package had something I had to have them S/O and still, 4 days....how can ya beat that? Anyhoo...just a suggestion...good luck
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:34 PM   #1390
Tech Adept

Funny you mention RC Mushroom....I sent them the same parts list as I did the others...no reply at all. I purchased my champ from RC Mushroom too....go figure

Anyway a retail source would be fine for me personaly but the real deal is that I work at a hobby shop and I convinced them and a few other people to get into the LD3's....I'm taking heat and getting really frustrated because I can't get a supply line happening that works for everyone involved
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:58 PM   #1391
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Ouch. That has to hurt. I thought Ofna was distributed thru MD Planes...

Best bet is to give Ofna another ring. If you explain you work at a shop, they may be willing to give you a hand. The overseas route will work, but it may cost (not sure what the exchange rate is in Canada). I have found that while places like RC mushroom and RC Model have the parts and pretty good prices, they are not the best at responding to e-mail.

I have got to get some more tanks thru this engine before the race Sunday. Seriously thinking about blowing off work one of these days (starting new job June 1). I ended up lapping the sleeve to get it started. Dremel, buffing pad and Colgate. Who knew?
Old 05-25-2004, 10:01 PM   #1392
Tech Regular

rc-mushroom will respond, takes them about a week to respond to emails, at least that is how long i waited..

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #1393
Tech Master

Default Re: Ofna Parts Support

I'd be looking for a HK source, PM coming...

Quote:
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:05 AM   #1394
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Funny you mention RC Mushroom....I sent them the same parts list as I did the others...no reply at all. I purchased my champ from RC Mushroom too....go figure
RC Mushrooms source is Jet

http://www.jethobby.com/
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #1395
Tech Adept

Default Mugen clutch

Does anybody know if the mugen mtx 3 "centax" clutch system will work with my ld3 pro?
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote