R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-05-2004, 05:00 PM   #1321
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by monokenny
Tell him relax, he does not know how to drive, he is slow, no speed, understeerin. Was he running the RTR one?

Are you going to Revealation this week? I race 8th expert. However, I have no 8th yet.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #1322
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Team Driver Jeffrey Lin

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
And I doubt that suprise came out of the fuel bottle.
I was not runnning becuase I do not want to be 1st place. you guys know that. It is too easy for me to be 1st place. I sometimes even found out a goldfish in my fuel bottle.
monokenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:08 PM   #1323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Team Driver Jeffrey Lin

Quote:
I was not runnning becuase I do not want to be 1st place. you guys know that. It is too easy for me to be 1st place. I sometimes even found out a goldfish in my fuel bottle.
Thanks for not running Monokenny...I sure am glad you don't race 1/8th scale.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:30 PM   #1324
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Team Driver Jeffrey Lin

Quote:
I know I know, no challenge.

So that's where all your horsepower comes from- your Nitro Goldfish. Now I see!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:15 PM   #1325
Tech Apprentice

Hey Havy I ran the car today and it hooks to the track pretty good. I agree the combo is pretty decent,and the tires aint bad they run much better than stock. Also do you or any one the fourm know how the ae camber tool opperate, I got one tonight and want to mess w/it.
Blaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:19 PM   #1326
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Team Driver Jeffrey Lin

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
I know I know, no challenge.

So that's where all your horsepower comes from- your Nitro Goldfish. Now I see!
Keep in scret.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2004, 07:31 PM   #1327
Tech Regular

Hmmm camber tool. I used it once, I think the number on the corner is the degree camber. Don't know if it should be on the corner making the angle or at the top, but you set it down on a flat surface w/ the angle you want, then angle the tire to be flush w/ it. Be carefull, I used it and got numbers that were way off when I set it on the huddy. But it's better than nothing. I run w/ 4 deg camber on rears and 2 deg front. Real wierd...(the rear I mean)...I tell everyone my set-up and I get faces. Anything less and I get serious coning effect towards the outside of the wheel. Actually I ran w/ 5 deg left rear wheel and 4 deg right RW due to even at 4 I get uneven ware to this side. I guess it's becuase that's the engine side and we run counterclockwise making most of the turns right handers on the track.

Good luck, hope this helped out some. Just try to set the camber to get even ware from the foams and they will last you a decent amount.

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:42 PM   #1328
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Team Driver Jeffrey Lin

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
Thanks for not running Monokenny...I sure am glad you don't race 1/8th scale.
I am sorry to tell you that I will race 1/8th, I just bought a EVOLA China Champion edition 10 mins ago. I might TQ, watch out. Do not forget to let the fast car go first.

MK
Old 05-05-2004, 08:24 PM   #1329
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ok..In setting up the track on my Champ LD3...I have found that in order to make both sides(front, I havnt checked the rear yet) equal distance from chassis centerling, 100 mm, I have to set it in what appears to be an akward position....hope someone can help here ...
There is a hole in the bottom of the chassis that allows adjustment of the steering servo saver meachanism. I am using this to help figure the chassis center line. With the screw head centered inside this hole, the wheels are perfectly straight. Now, my problem is that the right (Yes, Im measuring the bottom) pivot ball must be out more than the left pivot ball. I measure the left to be out approx 5.60 mm whereas the left is out only approx 3.40 mm. And at this setting, from what I figure to be the chassis centerline, to the outside of the hub, both sides are equal, at approx 87 mm.Im wonering if I have something completely screwed up, or is the chassis itself purposely offset in some way? In thinking on things, it would appear to make sense, as the engine and pipe being the heaviest items being on the left, with the right side being"out" a lil further, this would spread more weight to the right , no? Be all end all...should I stick with what I have and not be concerned with the pivot ball distance or should I set it so the P.B are even, thereby making the hubs a different distance from centerline? Or have I figured the centerling wrong???
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #1330
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Team Driver Jeffrey Lin

Quote:
I am sorry to tell you that I will race 1/8th, I just bought a EVOLA China Champion edition 10 mins ago. I might TQ, watch out. Do not forget to let the fast car go first.

MK

NitroOB4You:
I would say try to make the pillow balls even. Maybe you are getting caught up in numbers too much. Don't force me to get out my calipers!!
Old 05-06-2004, 07:16 AM   #1331
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro

I have a question about this seeing I am a newbie to onroad. If this chassis pushes so badly that people are running thicker oil in the rear than front, stiffer springs in rear than front, softer tires in front than rear doesn't that mean that the design of the chassis is off? Am I wrong here? Help the newbie please
And the tech crowd goes quiet
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #1332
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Not too sure about all that, my friend. Since these solutions aren't exactly the norm, I would think that the problem may lie somewhere else in the chasis setup, driver feel or the track rather than a badly designed car.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:59 PM   #1333
Tech Adept

Food for thought
Old 05-09-2004, 08:42 PM   #1334
Tech Regular

Well, all I have to say about this is that my almost RTR, w/sts engine has the mugens and serpents at my local track working hard to stay ahead

In other words I think the car has what it takes to be competitive,...of course I would like to think the driver has something to do w/ that too

Havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:23 PM   #1335
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by havy
Well, all I have to say about this is that my almost RTR, w/sts engine has the mugens and serpents at my local track working hard to stay ahead

In other words I think the car has what it takes to be competitive,...of course I would like to think the driver has something to do w/ that too

Havy
NICE