R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2004, 12:23 AM   #1261
Tech Master

Default Re: dino.tw

I don't know about taipei but maybe order in from HK - http://www.rc-mushroom.com ?, thats my source of HN and STS items

Ive converted a few "locals" to the LD3, now I have a STS D5 ill see if I can't do the same again hehehe.

Quote:
Originally posted by bulldog
looks good!do you know where to get HN parts in taipei, I plan to go there on june. I believe HN dont sell retail...
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:39 AM   #1262
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: dino.tw

Quote:
Originally posted by au_Nightmare

Ive converted a few "locals" to the LD3, now I have a STS D5 ill see if I can't do the same again hehehe.
i bet you can with GREAT success
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:47 AM   #1263
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: dino.tw

Quote:
Originally posted by au_Nightmare
I don't know about taipei but maybe order in from HK - http://www.rc-mushroom.com ?, thats my source of HN and STS items

k dude! thanks been thinkin of getting parts there.

kevink I just got alum servo saver for the ld3 but there's no instruction included...where do you install the "long bar"?1 more thing,my shifting is not consistent,what do you thinnk is wrong? my clutch?....if I give throttle slowly it shifts good but when I give it a quick th. it does not work as I expect.what gives?...thanks!
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:04 AM   #1264
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: dino.tw

Quote:
k dude! thanks been thinkin of getting parts there.

kevink I just got alum servo saver for the ld3 but there's no instruction included...where do you install the "long bar"?1 more thing,my shifting is not consistent,what do you thinnk is wrong? my clutch?....if I give throttle slowly it shifts good but when I give it a quick th. it does not work as I expect.what gives?...thanks!
bulldog, not sure what you mean by "long bar". The longer alum. piece goes to the rear of the screws that support the assembly. (??) I used clutch adj. washers (thin Mugen and thicker Ofna) to tighten up the play.

Try NTC3 two speed springs. They are a bit stiffer and will better handle current high HP motors. It was also recommended to me to square off the 2-speed shoes above the two large ball bearings. It results in a more square looking shoe, more like 4 sides to the shoe instead of 2. Ever since I've made these adjustments, the two speed seems to work more consistently.

Last edited by kevink2; 04-28-2004 at 01:12 AM.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:52 AM   #1265
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by losispeed
This may be a dumb question and please dont take it like im bashing but whats the point of converting over to a CD3? It seems a lot like that Kosho FW something... Where would the gains of this new design come from? Thanks!
Being able to run a decent pipe!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:55 AM   #1266
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Re: Re: dino.tw

Quote:
..................I just got alum servo saver for the ld3 but there's no instruction included...where do you install the "long bar"?
It goes between the 2 vertical pivot posts coming up from the chassis..... to hold down the whole assembly. You do not need the indivdual nuts which you should be using now
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:33 AM   #1267
Tech Fanatic

who knows what the RRP is for the LD3-CD3 PRO conversion from HK?
Old 04-28-2004, 07:55 AM   #1268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
Conversion kit for LD3 to CD3 PRO...

Just get it from Mr.Wu(HN's Boss) and the price is damn cheap...
Nice!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:05 AM   #1269
Tech Regular

What is the part number for the LD3 to CD3 Pro conversion kit?

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:36 AM   #1270
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to mmgteam

NEW CD3 post

see http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...threadid=39172

Hong Nor say that about 2 months to sell the car.
mmgteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:20 AM   #1271
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

hmm...sign me up! Too bad the kit doesn't have the new clutch. If so, I would have no problem getting the conversion kit. As it stands, I will probably just wait until the Pro version comes out. I hope they decide to release it with the graphite pieces instead of the 'grey' pieces they tried to pawn off on us in the US

On a side note, I got the engine!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:12 AM   #1272
Tech Regular

I think you need rear exaust for the CD3 though..

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:29 PM   #1273
Tech Addict

dtm:gotcha.thanks.

kevink2:thnks dude...that mod is alittle bit drastic(squaring off the shoe..)but then again, I saw that dang car of yours rip!,so ill take your word for it!!!! and also the car pushes in turns and alot of under steering!is it just a matter of set up or maybe some mods?...coz a few pages back I saw romualds recomendations to gain more steering...

bulldog
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #1274
Tech Elite

Quote:
dtm:gotcha.thanks.

...the car pushes in turns and alot of under steering!is it just a matter of set up or maybe some mods?...coz a few pages back I saw romualds recomendations to gain more steering...

bulldog

I'm not familiar with what he posted, but I'm still working on a basic setup for myself.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:29 PM   #1275
Tech Apprentice

HEy what's up my LD3 peeps just had to drop a line about this car. I got the rtr version w/2 spd, i've had the car for 4 months. Gave me nothing but RRIEFFF . Worked out some of the bugs nitro newbee.... Right so me and my buddy gets up to go test out the cars, he got an hpi super nitro w/15 star motor.Took them to our homemade track. 4full size tennis court how sweet is that. To make a long story short,Yesterday was the best time I had with this car. It knocked the blocks of the Hpi with no mercey ya herd. put it like this when we were finished runing the cars my wheels needed to be glued back on to the rims. thats how hard i drove this thing.
I must say the LD3 is well put together to take what i gave it yesterday man..
good car, and still bone stock......
Blaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote