R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-16-2004, 10:03 PM   #961
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
it is purely personal preference and driving style. i prefer belt car but some one prefer shaft car to make them fast.

dont worry. try and see which one you like. i have been there and i tell myself shaft car is not for me !! but i might try FW05R later on !
Thanks for the info, I am new to onroad and don't want to waste money on inferior product. G4 really catches my eye I will stay with ld3 pro for at least upcoming season and see how I like it.
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #962
Tech Master

Only belt driven car I have drove is my friends electric so I have no experience with belts. Local club member sold his MTX3 to get a FW05 (in an attempt to catch my LD3 I believe hehehe) but I think he would of done a lot better with better engine then getting different car.

I hope because I learn on shaft drive train, shaft will suit me

Anyway im still a new so have much to learn with driving styles etc

Quote:
i dont have enough time to run a third car and i still dont have much feeling about shaft driven cars.
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:15 PM   #963
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
All things being equal is LD3 competitive with mtx 3, r40,etc. or am I wasting my time and money with ld3 pro? Be honest please
The LD3 is as competative as any of the other cars you mention. It needs a different driving style (but so does the NTC3)......
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 PM   #964
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
Thanks for the info, I am new to onroad and don't want to waste money on inferior product. G4 really catches my eye I will stay with ld3 pro for at least upcoming season and see how I like it.
You will not be wasting your money......in fact the LD3 and options are better value for money than some other cars on the market.....

At the end of the day...if you cannot keep up...it is probably you and not the car....
Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 PM   #965
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
it is purely personal preference and driving style. i prefer belt car but some one prefer shaft car to make them fast.

dont worry. try and see which one you like. i have been there and i tell myself shaft car is not for me !! but i might try FW05R later on !
MBX5 is also shaft driven!!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:21 PM   #966
Tech Master

Very very good value.. I love Hong Kong hobby shops hehehehe

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
in fact the LD3 and options are better value for money than some other cars on the market.....
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:26 PM   #967
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
mugen informed me that my mbx5 is still at the parts packing deparment !!
I think they should just send the parts and let you do the packing!!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:27 PM   #968
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
MBX5 is also shaft driven!!!!
i always say shaft drive is for off road !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #969
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
I think they should just send the parts and let you do the packing!!
and some hop ups !
Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #970
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
i always say shaft drive is for off road !
KY can testify to that......with his LD3......
Old 03-16-2004, 10:30 PM   #971
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
KY can testify to that......with his LD3......
i can be the witness !
Old 03-17-2004, 07:36 AM   #972
sup
Tech Addict

have a problem! i broke the felt seal of my diff while cleaning off the grease (thought it was grease, took it of with a flat screwdriver ) i dont have parts support for my ld3 so i have to find an alternative. please help! thanks in advance!
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:42 AM   #973
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Grab some gasket maker or silicone from an auto parts store. That should do the trick. Just a light coat, though...

I like my LD3. I know for me, it is more driving than the car itself. With a little setup, the car will rock, so I wouldn't worry about it being competetive. I had a bad experience with belts in the past (old Kyosho MKII Spider...chewed either a belt or a pulley after almost every run) and the value was too damn good to pass up. It will be fine. If I do get another car, I may look at a R40 (easy to get parts) or a MTX3 (quite a few running out here).

You say you like that G4? It does look nice, but getting parts for it will be a pain in the rear. Same with a lot of Kyosho cars over here. Very few shops carry them, so if I break something, it's online or bust. The setup of the engine on that FW05 is strange to me, too
Old 03-18-2004, 11:29 AM   #974
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Just found out I may be getting a R40 as a backup car. Since I still have to get the support equpiment to run it (radio gear, engine, pipe, starter box, etc) it will be in rolling chasis form for a minute while I run the LD3. Ideally, I may have the R40 set up for the short track, and the LD3, with it's tall ass gearing, for the long tracks.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #975
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
Grab some gasket maker or silicone from an auto parts store. That should do the trick. Just a light coat, though...

I like my LD3. I know for me, it is more driving than the car itself. With a little setup, the car will rock, so I wouldn't worry about it being competetive. I had a bad experience with belts in the past (old Kyosho MKII Spider...chewed either a belt or a pulley after almost every run) and the value was too damn good to pass up. It will be fine. If I do get another car, I may look at a R40 (easy to get parts) or a MTX3 (quite a few running out here).

You say you like that G4? It does look nice, but getting parts for it will be a pain in the rear. Same with a lot of Kyosho cars over here. Very few shops carry them, so if I break something, it's online or bust. The setup of the engine on that FW05 is strange to me, too
Yes the G4 looks real nice to me and I have no problem at all with ordering parts online, that is where I get everything now anyway. Tower has many parts for Kyosho fw-05R I will stay with LD3 this season seeing I am a newbie I don't really "need" serpent 710 yet Next winter I will reavaluate Thanks for the input guys
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote