R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2004, 10:03 PM   #961
Tech Adept
 
IDrinkNitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
it is purely personal preference and driving style. i prefer belt car but some one prefer shaft car to make them fast.

dont worry. try and see which one you like. i have been there and i tell myself shaft car is not for me !! but i might try FW05R later on !
Thanks for the info, I am new to onroad and don't want to waste money on inferior product. G4 really catches my eye I will stay with ld3 pro for at least upcoming season and see how I like it.
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #962
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 1,296
Default

Only belt driven car I have drove is my friends electric so I have no experience with belts. Local club member sold his MTX3 to get a FW05 (in an attempt to catch my LD3 I believe hehehe) but I think he would of done a lot better with better engine then getting different car.

I hope because I learn on shaft drive train, shaft will suit me

Anyway im still a new so have much to learn with driving styles etc

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i dont have enough time to run a third car and i still dont have much feeling about shaft driven cars.
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:15 PM   #963
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
All things being equal is LD3 competitive with mtx 3, r40,etc. or am I wasting my time and money with ld3 pro? Be honest please
The LD3 is as competative as any of the other cars you mention. It needs a different driving style (but so does the NTC3)......
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 PM   #964
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
Thanks for the info, I am new to onroad and don't want to waste money on inferior product. G4 really catches my eye I will stay with ld3 pro for at least upcoming season and see how I like it.
You will not be wasting your money......in fact the LD3 and options are better value for money than some other cars on the market.....

At the end of the day...if you cannot keep up...it is probably you and not the car....
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 PM   #965
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
it is purely personal preference and driving style. i prefer belt car but some one prefer shaft car to make them fast.

dont worry. try and see which one you like. i have been there and i tell myself shaft car is not for me !! but i might try FW05R later on !
MBX5 is also shaft driven!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:21 PM   #966
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 1,296
Default

Very very good value.. I love Hong Kong hobby shops hehehehe

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
in fact the LD3 and options are better value for money than some other cars on the market.....
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:26 PM   #967
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
mugen informed me that my mbx5 is still at the parts packing deparment !!
I think they should just send the parts and let you do the packing!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:27 PM   #968
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
MBX5 is also shaft driven!!!!
i always say shaft drive is for off road !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #969
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
I think they should just send the parts and let you do the packing!!
and some hop ups !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #970
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
i always say shaft drive is for off road !
KY can testify to that......with his LD3......
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:30 PM   #971
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
KY can testify to that......with his LD3......
i can be the witness !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:36 AM   #972
sup
Tech Addict
 
sup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 734
Default

have a problem! i broke the felt seal of my diff while cleaning off the grease (thought it was grease, took it of with a flat screwdriver ) i dont have parts support for my ld3 so i have to find an alternative. please help! thanks in advance!
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:42 AM   #973
Tech Master
 
spenzalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Posts: 1,424
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii
Default

Grab some gasket maker or silicone from an auto parts store. That should do the trick. Just a light coat, though...

I like my LD3. I know for me, it is more driving than the car itself. With a little setup, the car will rock, so I wouldn't worry about it being competetive. I had a bad experience with belts in the past (old Kyosho MKII Spider...chewed either a belt or a pulley after almost every run) and the value was too damn good to pass up. It will be fine. If I do get another car, I may look at a R40 (easy to get parts) or a MTX3 (quite a few running out here).

You say you like that G4? It does look nice, but getting parts for it will be a pain in the rear. Same with a lot of Kyosho cars over here. Very few shops carry them, so if I break something, it's online or bust. The setup of the engine on that FW05 is strange to me, too
__________________
This episode is brought to you by the letters M, T, X and the number 4....
spenzalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:29 AM   #974
Tech Master
 
spenzalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Posts: 1,424
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii
Default

Just found out I may be getting a R40 as a backup car. Since I still have to get the support equpiment to run it (radio gear, engine, pipe, starter box, etc) it will be in rolling chasis form for a minute while I run the LD3. Ideally, I may have the R40 set up for the short track, and the LD3, with it's tall ass gearing, for the long tracks.
__________________
This episode is brought to you by the letters M, T, X and the number 4....
spenzalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #975
Tech Adept
 
IDrinkNitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
Grab some gasket maker or silicone from an auto parts store. That should do the trick. Just a light coat, though...

I like my LD3. I know for me, it is more driving than the car itself. With a little setup, the car will rock, so I wouldn't worry about it being competetive. I had a bad experience with belts in the past (old Kyosho MKII Spider...chewed either a belt or a pulley after almost every run) and the value was too damn good to pass up. It will be fine. If I do get another car, I may look at a R40 (easy to get parts) or a MTX3 (quite a few running out here).

You say you like that G4? It does look nice, but getting parts for it will be a pain in the rear. Same with a lot of Kyosho cars over here. Very few shops carry them, so if I break something, it's online or bust. The setup of the engine on that FW05 is strange to me, too
Yes the G4 looks real nice to me and I have no problem at all with ordering parts online, that is where I get everything now anyway. Tower has many parts for Kyosho fw-05R I will stay with LD3 this season seeing I am a newbie I don't really "need" serpent 710 yet Next winter I will reavaluate Thanks for the input guys
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ofna mbx comp with hyper 21 8 port and ofna true start box. smokinu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 07-20-2008 12:37 PM
OFNA MBX Ultra Competition Buggy and OFNA Starter Box 4 Sale or TRADE!!! gunlocators R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 03-20-2007 10:01 PM
Ofna micro fail safe, jr z650m 650 servo, and rtr ofna radio set cappa R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 02-03-2005 11:35 PM
Ofna Ob4 rolling chasis, Ofna .12, Trinity pipe, K&n filter chongp R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 06-29-2003 06:30 PM
Ofna Ob4 rolling chasis, Ofna .12, Trinity pipe, K&n filter chongp R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 05-31-2002 03:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net