R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-17-2004, 02:01 PM   #721
Tech Regular

Finally can talk to you guys

I got my LD3 aa while back, been racing it here in Puerto Rico. Recently found that my one way was failing. Nightmare told me about the faulty oneway that came w 3sets of rolers per spring on the OFNA forum, but isn't the case on my car. It has one roller per spring as in the pic(thanks Nightmare for showing the pics). So now what I have done is order the oneway and the 2 speed shaft. But I was curious to see if this is common, have any others encountered this prob? Is there any way to prevent it? My friend runs a TC3 and hasn't had probs w/ this yet, WHY ME

Any ways, thanks ahead of time, and good to finally be able to post

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:14 PM   #722
Tech Adept

Exclamation Steering servo mounting

Hmm...the Champion kit appears to not come with any steering servo mounts ! Frig !!

The plastic ones for use with the plastic radio tray are included but they don't work or fit with the Champ's carbon fiber radio tray. The included plastic throttle servo mounts are fine...but Hong Nor seems to have over looked the fact that we will need to mount a steering servo too

Ohhh the price you pay to have something unique
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:20 PM   #723
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yeah....I havnt even started to build mine yet...trying to get everything together first...ordered a Hudy Set Up System, and a few other goodies I am still waiting on delivery ....
On the subject of the servo mounts however, I had ordered the CNC Alum. ones when I first bought my Champ.I got the throttle, but someone at Niki's "forgot" to include the steering, so I am also still waiting for them to come in....honest mistake, but a lil bit annoying...especially when you consider, I just recently found out about a place very near me that may be running Nitro TC INDOORS!!!
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:21 PM   #724
Tech Regular

Can't believe they would omit the alu mounts on the champ ed....

Hmmm, I'm thinking about that one for my next car

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:31 PM   #725
Tech Adept

Just contacted Hong Nor customer support via the link on thier site....wonder if I'll get a reply or better yet some servo mounts
Old 02-17-2004, 08:47 PM   #726
Tech Adept

Guys I am a newbie when it comes to onroad. Would somebody mind explaining to me the difference between the power clutch that comes with the hong nor kit and the 3 shoe clutch that comes with the ofna kit. I have the ofna pro kit now and was wondering if I should have bought the hong nor kit instead. I don't know much of anything about these clutches so could somebody explain to me the advantages of the power clutch? Thanks in advance
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 09:39 PM   #727
Tech Adept

Biggest advantage is that you can adjust the point of engagement ie: early in the powerband or later in the powerband. Also there is probably 20%-30% more contact area in terms of clutch shoe meets clutch bell and that helps to provide a more positive engagment as compared to a 2- or 3 shoe clutch system.

Once you use a Centax type clutch you'll never want to use anything else
Old 02-17-2004, 10:12 PM   #728
Tech Master

Default Re: Steering servo mounting

Dude, I have the LD3 pro and LD3 STD and both mount the servo on to the CHASSIS not Radio tray... Though if you want to mount it on a flimsy plastic radio tray you can (some sure someone will have some strange reason)

Do the same with the champion edition :P mount it on chassis..

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveG
Hmm...the Champion kit appears to not come with any steering servo mounts ! Frig !!

The plastic ones for use with the plastic radio tray are included but they don't work or fit with the Champ's carbon fiber radio tray. The included plastic throttle servo mounts are fine...but Hong Nor seems to have over looked the fact that we will need to mount a steering servo too

Ohhh the price you pay to have something unique
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:16 PM   #729
Tech Master

I downloaded a Kyosho V1RR manual for a mate to find parts.. I hated that manual.. been spoilt with the LD3 ones

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! That manual wasn't there too long ago. Guess i should have checked again. Thanx a mil..

And Nightmare, we just call them like we see them Hopefully Ofna/Hong Norr will improve their manuals. BUt as long as the cars are ok, I could care less...
HAVY,
Did you clean one-way out and lube with VERY SMALL amount of one-way oil? also clean the two speed clutch shoes and sand paper the 2 speed bell, if the shoes dont bite nice and hard they can kinda just give a kick and drop back out (but because one-way is spinning so fast may not engage)
Old 02-17-2004, 10:47 PM   #730
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Steering servo mounting

Quote:
Originally posted by au_Nightmare

Dude, I have the LD3 pro and LD3 STD and both mount the servo on to the CHASSIS not Radio tray... Though if you want to mount it on a flimsy plastic radio tray you can (some sure someone will have some strange reason)

Do the same with the champion edition :P mount it on chassis..

Like I said the included plastic servo mounts I got don't werk....at a hieght of 2.2cm they are about 2mm too tall since it's 2cm from the underside of the radio tray to the chassis Not to mention that there is only one screw hole...take your pick screw to chassis or screw to radio tray

This picture shows the mounts I got...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ld3-servo-mount.jpg (16.9 KB, 105 views)
Old 02-17-2004, 10:51 PM   #731
sup
Tech Addict

i mount the steering servo on the plastic tray (standard version) as the manual instructed. the only problem i have is i fit is very tight that the plastic tray bulges due to the servo mount fit. i think i will be getting counter sunk screws to change the mount of the servo to the chasis instead.
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:55 PM   #732
Tech Master

yeah i got same instructions/mounts... got a angle grinder or file? just file'em down no big deal (file down the smaller end, the end shown at bottom of instructions but will really be on top when u install'em to chassis) but yeah don't mount in radio tray like that, mount'em in chassis (thats how I built my Pro & Std)
Old 02-18-2004, 04:35 AM   #733
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveG
Just contacted Hong Nor customer support via the link on thier site....wonder if I'll get a reply or better yet some servo mounts
I sent that complaint ages ago....no response!!

Yes the stock plastic steering mount is junk.....don't bother with it you have to do quite a lot of dremel work on it....go with the alloy mounts....perfect fit!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:39 AM   #734
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
Anybody got a scanner and can post the pic where you install the anti-roll bar? I never got around to putting mine on my RTR, and the one that was posted was very blurry (sorry nightmare... )
Installation of the alloy version is slightly different. You have 3 silver collars. 2 of these will go the screw without the adjuster. The other silver collar goes on the screw with the adjuster. Don't forgot these otherwise it will not clamp down properly.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 06:03 AM   #735
Tech Master

Dremel? Everyone in this small scale hobby always seems to use small scale tools (the dremel) I always bust out a decent rough file or even the 4" angle grinder when there is a bit of meat that needs removing.. Much faster then the dremel.

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

Yes the stock plastic steering mount is junk.....don't bother with it you have to do quite a lot of dremel work on it....go with the alloy mounts....perfect fit!