R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-04-2004, 11:22 PM   #616
Tech Master

oh yeah, also drilled the stinger out to 5mm (has same effect has shorting pipe apparently) so yeah 5mm stinger and 14mm shorter I noticed difference in engine.

Quote:
Originally posted by sup
how did you trim it? can you post a pic nightmare?
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:32 AM   #617
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Yo Adrienne!!! I did ittt!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroOB4You
Ummm, yeah...ok..I just sent payment out for a Champ "Tangerine Dream"
Im sure, once I get it and start building, Ill have lotsa Qs...so be forewarned
One quick one I have...about the Centax...
Choosing to upgrade to the Mugen or even Kong Nor's version,
I see that the main reason is for more gearing choices...is durability over the "stock" clutch an issue as well?..I am thinkin of selling the "stock" system before I even build it...is this worth while???
The problem with the HN centax (old version at least!) is that the friction material wears very quickly and it is not that cheap. The spring is way too soft for the engine (unless you run an OS! ). The Mugen or Kyosho clutch gives a very consistent performance week in... week out. Only problem is that the 33mm flywheel is still too large for the engine mount. You will scrap the flywheel on the ground (just!). 1mm shim on the engine mount will sort this out.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:49 AM   #618
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by au_Nightmare
That pipes nothing, you should see my last engine (crank snapped off just past flywheel - clutch fell off)
scary, what engine is it?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:34 AM   #619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sup
would the 0.8 module pinion mesh right if the spurs are 1.0? sorry, just dont know about these modules for gears.. thanks manti!

I don't think they'll mesh together....0.8 is a finer pitch.
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:15 PM   #620
Tech Adept

Great thread...read it from start to finish

I was planning on getting an LD3 Pro (US version) to race this summer but after seeing the Champ pictures on here I just had to have one Mine was shipped from Hong Kong a couple of days ago...can't wait till it gets here

Anyway I plan on powering the machine with an RB 3 port Rody tuned and am wondering about the pipe thats included with the Champ kit ?? I see most of you are modding or swapping the Ofna pipes...whats your reasoning behind this ? Any suggestions on what pipe to get ? What do you think of the AE dual chamber or single chamber NTC3 pipes ? Anyone tried the RD Logics turbo pipe ?

BTW the track I will be racing on every week is fairly tight and will have about a 100" straight stretch.....
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:02 PM   #621
Tech Master

Was a sirio .12 pro, no fault of engine. Was driver at fault (me) almost going under a fence at 2nd gear, almost because engine was highest part and hit fence - bent chassis and crank hit chassis = snap..

anyway a photos tells it all...

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
scary, what engine is it?
Old 02-05-2004, 04:24 PM   #622
Tech Adept

Thats just nasty nightmare....hope you sued the guy that put that fence in your way
Old 02-05-2004, 07:01 PM   #623
Tech Master

Thumbs up

The damage is all because there was a gap under fence, just not quite high enough lol

Anyway I must say the stock Hong Nor LD3 Pro 3mm chassis (NOTE: different to OFNA LD3 Pro chassis) is very good. With how hard I hit the fence the chassis was not that bent, it must of sprung back a long way because it sure had to bend a good way to get crank to smack the chassis.

Thumbs up !
Old 02-06-2004, 02:16 AM   #624
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveG
Great thread...read it from start to finish

I was planning on getting an LD3 Pro (US version) to race this summer but after seeing the Champ pictures on here I just had to have one Mine was shipped from Hong Kong a couple of days ago...can't wait till it gets here

Anyway I plan on powering the machine with an RB 3 port Rody tuned and am wondering about the pipe thats included with the Champ kit ?? I see most of you are modding or swapping the Ofna pipes...whats your reasoning behind this ? Any suggestions on what pipe to get ? What do you think of the AE dual chamber or single chamber NTC3 pipes ? Anyone tried the RD Logics turbo pipe ?

BTW the track I will be racing on every week is fairly tight and will have about a 100" straight stretch.....
Good choice!

The HN pipe that comes with the car is good for low end torque, but not so good for RPM. I have tried the single chambe AE pipe...that is even worse. I hear the the RDL pipe gives better RPM........I'm awaiting for mine....Manticore??!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 02:45 AM   #625
Tech Master

DTM, Im getting the THS pipe (some talk in some threads that THS make the pipes for RDL?)

I'm saving on pipe costs and lower airmail costs
Old 02-06-2004, 03:53 AM   #626
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by au_Nightmare
DTM, Im getting the THS pipe (some talk in some threads that THS make the pipes for RDL?)

I'm saving on pipe costs and lower airmail costs
do you have a link??
Old 02-06-2004, 04:15 AM   #627
Tech Master

Attached is a photo stolen from another thread (its on a NTC3).

Compared to the photos on RDL site they dont look like the same pipe, though the ppl in that thread believed they where so I don't know :? (well really on 2nd look its only the stinger thats different...)

(I am getting mine form Niki)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ntc3_ths_pipe2.jpg (30.5 KB, 106 views)
Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 AM   #628
dtm
Tech Champion

Ahhh...Nikis have....I haven't been there for a looong time... thks.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:35 AM   #629
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Good choice!

The HN pipe that comes with the car is good for low end torque, but not so good for RPM. I have tried the single chambe AE pipe...that is even worse. I hear the the RDL pipe gives better RPM........I'm awaiting for mine....Manticore??!!!

So the stock pipe is good for low end torque....hmm....maybe since our track is short and tight I should consider the stock pipe and an OS 12TR

BTW, am I correct in thinking that the LD3 Champ edition is a fairly light weight car compared to Serpent, HPI's, G4's etc ??
Old 02-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #630
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveG
BTW, am I correct in thinking that the LD3 Champ edition is a fairly light weight car compared to Serpent, HPI's, G4's etc ??
The car will come in at around 17xxg ready to run if you use 5xAAA reciever pack and foams.