R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-03-2003, 12:32 PM   #196
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

You can also try http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk

They're based in Hong Kong. I haven't ordered from them yet, but they do stock Ofna (Hong Norr) parts.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:58 PM   #197
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rushdude

Another good site is

www.nitrohouse.com

The LD3 Pro kit there is only $220.00
rushdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 04:41 PM   #198
Tech Master

But the "PRO" kit at nitrohouse is the OFNA version, its not the same as the Hong-Nor version in shops outside the USA. The Hong Nor version is $10.60 more and you get the 3mm chassis, centax clutch, foam tyres. (I think thats all thats different?)

OH, as as far as I know the OFNA Pro version you get 2 diffs and one-way where the Hong Nor version you just get 1 diff and one-way, this correct?

rcmodel.com.hk is great shop also, thats where I get my foam tyres from but for LD3 parts rc-mushroom is cheaper and the best thing is they will order whatever parts you want Unlike the "sorry no stock" reply you get from so many shops.

Quote:
Originally posted by rushdude
Another good site is
www.nitrohouse.com
The LD3 Pro kit there is only $220.00
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:18 AM   #199
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to mmgteam

HI:
I brake 4 thrust bearing of my centax, donīt work more than 30 min. The clearance is 0,2-0,3 m.m.
Have anybody this problem? Waht I do bad?
Anybody know where I can buy the Champion Edition Version?

I write to Mushroom but they donīt answer me.
mmgteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 03:28 PM   #200
Tech Addict

hello from france,

I never broke a centax trust bearing. My car run already 13 liters of fuel and I only broke the centax black shoe because I used Softer setting for the rain.

You can buy a full option car in France ( it'z call T2M Venom XTR).

it cost 550€.
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:04 PM   #201
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by mmgteam
I brake 4 thrust bearing of my centax, donīt work more than 30 min. The clearance is 0,2-0,3 m.m.
Have anybody this problem? Waht I do bad?
The problem could be that your Centax thrust bearings are installed incorrectly.

The bearings consist of 3 parts which is 2 plates and a ball race in the middle. The 2 plates will have different internal diameter. One is larger than the other. It is sometimes difficult to see with the naked eye and you need a caliper to check which is smaller and which one is bigger. Make sure the larger internal diameter needs to be installed first towards the engine. Then the ball race and then the plate which has the smaller inner diameter goes in the last.

If the smaller inner diameter plate is installed first, the thrust bearing will rotate at the same RPM as the engine and this will break the thrust bearings.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 01:45 AM   #202
Tech Master

Try [email protected], Ive had an email yesterday and two today from them.

King said the LD3 special edition is coming out this month, I have asked if that is the "champion edition" and how much. I think it will be around the US$400 mark from what Ive heard elsewhere..

Quote:
Anybody know where I can buy the Champion Edition Version?

I write to Mushroom but they donīt answer me.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:18 AM   #203

The Champion Edition only 200 are made and only released in local Taiwan. I don't think Hong Nor going to release it to other countries, but things can change.
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:23 AM   #204
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Aku-Man
The Champion Edition only 200 are made and only released in local Taiwan. I don't think Hong Nor going to release it to other countries, but things can change.
Hong Nor/OFNA may be very proud to be Taiwanese (and so they should be).....however, their sales and marketing department are not stupid...if there is a demand......they will sell it anywhere. The champion edition is coming over to Hong Kong at least.............
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:27 AM   #205

Well, I might sell my LD-3 Champion Edition. Just too much stuff to buy to start nitro. Still need extra $500~700 usd to make everything prepared. I think I'll just keep playing Elec.
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:33 AM   #206
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to mmgteam

I installed the thrust bearing well, I donīt now whatīs happenig.
mmgteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:19 AM   #207
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
Hong Nor/OFNA may be very proud to be Taiwanese (and so they should be).....
Yes,all we do proud to be Taiwanese. You may not know there are 496 pcs missiles focusing to us.
CutePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:02 AM   #208
Tech Master

Quote:
I installed the thrust bearing well, I donīt now whatīs happenig.
Your clutch shoes could be slipping. This would cause you thrust bearing to spin a high speeds causing the failure. Check the shoes for oil fouling or glazing. Make sure that they are clean and smooth as well as the inside of the clutch bell.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 03:03 PM   #209
Tech Master

Update: Champion edition LD3 price should be around US$330 but will post the price as soon as I know final price..
Old 12-10-2003, 05:37 PM   #210
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rapid Roy
Your clutch shoes could be slipping. This would cause you thrust bearing to spin a high speeds causing the failure. Check the shoes for oil fouling or glazing. Make sure that they are clean and smooth as well as the inside of the clutch bell.
Clutch shoes slipping should not break the thrust bearings. It is when the thrust bearings are set wrongly that they will break. Clutch slipping would give you a worned out or melted clutch shoe.

The thrust bearing will not rotate as fast as the engine RPM because the larger inner diameter washer of the thrust bearing which is first installed into the engine will make sure that the thurst bearing unit "floats" and does not lock to spin at the same engine RPM. If the smaller inner diameter washer of the thrust bearing is wrongly put in first, the thrust bearing will rotate at the same speed as the clutch which will burn out the thrust bearing fast.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote